Offensive Game Analysis

LPTiger

On 9/11/2023 at 9:43 PM, sevenlee36 said:

I like how Hugh said he only called a couple plays….. He made sure to mention that he called the game winner smh. Don’t think he needed to mention that. Kind of like saying all the bad call were my OC, but the couple good ones I called.

That’s unfortunately the double edged sword when you have someone who has been overly candid in those situations in the past. I think you rarely get an inbetween with coaches when it comes to pressers. 

At the very least, you can see why Gus and Harsin were boringly, sometimes even ignorantly, placid when faced with some of those same pitches 

On 9/11/2023 at 8:05 PM, RunInRed said:

Auburn’s offense needs to be better.

To wit:

✔️ Auburn struggled to beat California 14-10 last Saturday, and that had Freeze saying “we’ve had a lot of tough talks this morning” as the Tigers began preparing for Saturday’s game against Samford.

✔️ He said he’s looking for a better quarterback rotation with Payton Thorne and Robby Ashford. Freeze said Thorne needs to be more consistent and “I do think Robby has to get his touches.”

✔️ He wants more run-pass option plays, therefore “I probably need to be in more meetings.” He said he'd work closely with offensive coordinator Philip Montgomery this week. Auburn is last in the SEC in passing efficiency.

✔️ “But the bottom line,” he said, “is the Auburn Tigers are 2-0."

Freeze said Thorne needs to be more consistent and “I do think Robby has to get his touches.”

Why?  In spite of all evidence to the contrary, what is he looking at that leads him to that conclusion?