Just to make all of you jealous...

Guest Tigrinum Major

Guest Tigrinum Major

I am headed to the Blount County Auburn Club meeting where I will be rubbing elbows with...

Stan White

A poultry porfessor

Auburn Alumni Association BigWig

and

AUBIE!

Can you tell which one I am most excited about?

Can you get the poultry professor's autograph for me? Nah, you'll probably be too chicken to ask for it. But, it sure would be a feather in your cap if you did. Will there be a lot of chicks at the meeting? Probably just a bunch of old biddies.

Don't stay out too late. You be home before the cluck strikes 12:00.

Can you get the poultry professor's autograph for me?  Nah, you'll probably be too chicken to ask for it.  But, it sure would be a feather in your cap if you did.  Will there be a lot of chicks at the meeting?  Probably just a bunch of old biddies.

Don't stay out too late.  You be home before the cluck strikes 12:00.

176284[/snapback]

Frankly, I think your puns are pretty fowl...sort of leaves you with egg on your face. :big:

Guest Tigrinum Major
just the mere fact that you're going to blount county makes me jealous....

did you run into KnownBy while there?

176333[/snapback]

Psst, CT, lay off the hairspray, man. This is Known By. Did you miss the name change?

Report from Oneonta:

Aubie is great with kids, as usual. Pictures will be forthcoming.

The Alumni Association BigWig was pushing Alumni Association membership.

The poultry professor was funny for a biologist/scientist geek. He is doing research with chickens in conjunction with UAB to model ovarian cancer in women. Pretty high tech stuff, but he kept it low tech for his audience. Pretty good speaker and kept it short.

Stan White echoed a lot of things that have been talked about on here ad naseum. Cox's arm is fine, the back-ups are not ready for primetime (yet), CTT is a CEO type coach that has his hand in everything, but lets his coaches coach, strengths are D, wide receiver and O line, we should be good.

He talked a lot about leading a charmed life and doing the things he has done. He said that Jim Fyffe's spirit lives on in the booth every fall Saturday.

A few interesting comments: Cox is a big, strong kid and Brodie Croyle is slender and lean (for your, Tim!), Tray Blackmon is a stud that will make an impact this year (described by CTT as a defensive Cadillac), talent at TE is insane, Robert Dunn will surprise people, Kenny Irons wears Ronnie's number, looks like Carnell, but does not have his heart (yet), and big Marcus McNeill could outrun Stan...backwards. Also said that all three top DEs would start on any other team in the nation.

Overall, a fun evening.

Thanks for the report, you lucky Tigers. :au:

just the mere fact that you're going to blount county makes me jealous....

did you run into KnownBy while there?

176333[/snapback]

Psst, CT, lay off the hairspray, man. This is Known By. Did you miss the name change?

Report from Oneonta:

Aubie is great with kids, as usual. Pictures will be forthcoming.

The Alumni Association BigWig was pushing Alumni Association membership.

The poultry professor was funny for a biologist/scientist geek. He is doing research with chickens in conjunction with UAB to model ovarian cancer in women. Pretty high tech stuff, but he kept it low tech for his audience. Pretty good speaker and kept it short.

Stan White echoed a lot of things that have been talked about on here ad naseum. Cox's arm is fine, the back-ups are not ready for primetime (yet), CTT is a CEO type coach that has his hand in everything, but lets his coaches coach, strengths are D, wide receiver and O line, we should be good.

He talked a lot about leading a charmed life and doing the things he has done. He said that Jim Fyffe's spirit lives on in the booth every fall Saturday.

A few interesting comments: Cox is a big, strong kid and Brodie Croyle is slender and lean (for your, Tim!), Tray Blackmon is a stud that will make an impact this year (described by CTT as a defensive Cadillac), talent at TE is insane, Robert Dunn will surprise people, Kenny Irons wears Ronnie's number, looks like Carnell, but does not have his heart (yet), and big Marcus McNeill could outrun Stan...backwards. Also said that all three top DEs would start on any other team in the nation.

Overall, a fun evening.

176334[/snapback]

I think everybody still hears Jim yelling "touchdown Auburn!!" everytime we score. Intereseting comments on players. I knew Tray was going to be a good one, but with all the LBs we got, it shocking he is going to be in there. He must be the monster as described coming out of HS. Known as headhunter. I bet we see him on a lot on special teams, also, punt team, kickoff team?? Should have told Stan most of the OL when he was playing could have out ran him!!! KI will get the heart soon, I am sure.

Great report!!!

I can't wait to see Tray Blackmon out there. I expect we'll see another hit like Brandon Jacobs put on that Vanderbilt guy on the kickoff really soon. It will also be nice that we can rotate at the linebacker position even more with Blackmon, Dede, Sears, and of course, the Williams brothers!!!!

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL SEPTEMBER 3RD!!!!

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

hey TM...how many people were there and where did they hold it?

good stuff...thanks for sharing.

and i had to move to hairspray because sniffing gasoline got too expensive!

ct

Guest Tigrinum Major
hey TM...how many people were there and where did they hold it?

good stuff...thanks for sharing.

and i had to move to hairspray because sniffing gasoline got too expensive!

ct

176363[/snapback]

It was at The Depot in Oneonta. Great turnout with about 100 folks, including a bunch of kids. One woman was so excited to see a good group of kids at a function like this. She almost got choked up when she talked about carrying her daughter to events and bringing her up to be an Auburn person. The Depot was almost too small for the turnout.

Man, that is just too punny!

Can you get the poultry professor's autograph for me?  Nah, you'll probably be too chicken to ask for it.  But, it sure would be a feather in your cap if you did.  Will there be a lot of chicks at the meeting?  Probably just a bunch of old biddies.

Don't stay out too late.  You be home before the cluck strikes 12:00.

176284[/snapback]

Just cuious, but what would CT know about Hairspray anyway? According to him, "Hair is over-rated."

Just cuious, but what would CT know about Hairspray anyway? According to him, "Hair is over-rated."

176506[/snapback]

I resemble that remark.

ok TM...given it's been 23 years since i've lived in oneonta, you gotta tell me where the depot is. this is a sad moment in my life... :(

ct

Guest Tigrinum Major

The Depot is the old railroad depot that is located out by the baseball fields on Highway 75. When was the last time you were in town?

Not knowing what the landscape was like 23 years ago, the best way I know to describe it as being located on the west side of 75 as you enter town from the south, just past the high school and the football stadium. The city converted the railroad depot into a building where people rent it and hold social events such as this one.

Archived