Auburn vs Aggies Post-Game Thread

Didba

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

If we have to throw WW out there as a true frosh, you ruin him.

Its 50/50

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

At this point, just hand the reins to Geriner and take your lumps, develop him and prep for Walker White. PT and RA will just have to chart plays.

It always feels good to go with the guy we haven’t seen. And I get the invest in the future logic. But imo there’s too much riding on us getting some momentum this season and there’s probably a reason we haven’t seen him.

Just now, Didba said:

It was a :poke:, let’s move on.

Oh okay now it is a just move on huh? You don’t just do that s*** and move with out retaliation. My generation doesn’t take that s*** especially not from a ******* lawyer. 

• Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

At this point, just hand the reins to Geriner and take your lumps, develop him and prep for Walker White. PT and RA will just have to chart plays.

I've thought that also. But we just don't really know the real dynamics of what is going on at practice. Is Holden really that close and just needs more REAL time with the ones to build consistency? Or is RA actually improved and simply needs a slightly altered system to take advantage while he dials in  on HIS consistency? Let's hope they get it figures out quick. 

The absolutely astonishing thing about all of this is that this is quite literally a down year for the SEC. There are no star quarterbacks, maybe one star running back, no downright dominant...or really any "This is the easily best team in the conference" program, and we might very well be looking at another 5-7 / 6-6 finish...and the conference is going to take a quantum leap in regards to talent next season when UO & UT join. 

The scary thing is that Auburn could make leaps and bounds of improvement in regards to depth, QB play and coaching AND STILL finish with a middling record. 

What's worse is that Bama is also the worst it's been offensively and they STILL would likely beat us by a touchdown or two.

6 minutes ago, Didba said:

Its 50/50

I'm serious. You completely destroy his confidence doing that. I can just imagine getting caught in an infinite loop of being a year away from showing improvement...and by that, I mean in the record.

The QB play is the easiest thing to spot that’s not going well right now, that being said It’s nearly impossible to throw a bunch of offensive linemen together who have never played and practiced with each other to be good to great..

It usually takes more time for those guys to gel and work well a unit. And by “more time” I mean at least a couple of years 
It starts up front

Thats kind of where we’re at on offense.

Edited by Bro Johnny Mac

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I'm serious. You completely destroy his confidence doing that. I can just imagine getting caught in an infinite loop of being a year away from showing improvement...and by that, I mean in the record.

I agree with you that 90% of kids aren’t ready for it. Some rare one has been true frosh that did just fine. It’s rare so 50/50 isn’t appropriate. More like 70/30. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I’m really disappointed they haven’t been able to build an offense around at least one of the QBs strengths. And I mean just a decent one.

Yeah the disconnect on offense has been confusing.  We blow ass vs Cal, Hugh says he has to get involved and we need more RPOs.  Seem to do it all vs Samford.

This game?  Nearly no RPOs, no short passes, nothing quick, no slants.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, SurfingTiger said:

Oh okay now it is a just move on huh? You don’t just do that s*** and move with out retaliation. My generation doesn’t take that s*** especially not from a ******* lawyer. 

A mod asked us to stop so I did. It’s that simple. Let’s move on. 

• Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

The QB play is the easiest thing to spot that’s not going well right now, that being said It’s nearly impossible to throw a bunch of offensive linemen together who have never played and practiced with each other to be good to great..

It usually takes more time for those guys to gel and work well a unit. And by “more time” I mean at least a couple of years 
It starts up front

Thats kind of where we’re at on offense.

I thought the oline has done just fine. Not great but better than last year. 

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yeah the disconnect on offense has been confusing.  We blow ass vs Cal, Hugh says he has to get involved and we need more RPOs.  Seem to do it all vs Samford.

This game?  Nearly no RPOs, no short passes, nothing quick, no slants.

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

A mod asked us to stop so I did. It’s that simple. Let’s move on. 

Finally. Get ******* challenged and back down. Liberal.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Completely depends on the specific scenario though. If you put someone back there that can actually read and diagnose a defense properly, then you can dink and dunk your way into a rhythm and some confidence. It not only takes some pressure off your Oline by getting the ball out quick, it also can stop the D from cheating up too much because you are more than happy to take the easy yards right behind them if they do. That can then help your run game. Get that going and who knows. 

But of course this is purely hypothetical and assuming proper scheming to talent and calling plays allowing them to grow. 

Edited by WeaglWeaglWDE

2 minutes ago, SurfingTiger said:

Dude, relax.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, SurfingTiger said:

EXPOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!111!1!1111

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SurfingTiger said:

ALL OF THIS Back and forth needs to stop.  TAKE THIS crap to PM and leave it off the boards.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

17 minutes ago, Didba said:

I agree with you that 90% of kids aren’t ready for it. Some rare one has been true frosh that did just fine. It’s rare so 50/50 isn’t appropriate. More like 70/30. 

Yeah, earlier I was trying to remain levelheaded and stave off irrational overreactions but the more I think about it I start feeling that we'll be irrelevant for another decade, so I hope that's just an overreaction.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, WarTiger said:

Leave the political references out of it.  TAKE THIS crap to PM and leave it off the boards.

That's a long time platinum donor you're speaking to

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, SurfingTiger said:

No sir I will not relax. You can perform some breathing exercises if you wish.

I’m just trying to help you not face the ban-hammer.  The MODs only have so much patience.  I have seen this story many times on here.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1