Auburn vs Aggies Post-Game Thread

Didba

4 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Being a donor is great and we appreciate it. It doesn’t change anything in terms of how you are to conduct yourself here. 

Titan come on man.....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

To be clear, its not about winning right now. It’s about looking like we practiced during in fall camp and the for today’s game. Today Bo Nix solidified himself as a Heisman winner. Finley is throwing for about 300 yards a game. Thorne wasn’t a world beater at MSU put up some really solid numbers. From Gus to Harsin and now Freeze we have QBs look ridiculous in our system but work out just fine in other systems. Most of us, myself included didn’t expect Freeze to win more than 6 or 7 games this season. But I expected our QBs to appear at least moderately competent. The defensive side of the ball was equally bare for Ron Roberts, but his unit is showing up and showing improvement. The offensive side looks like a discombobulated mess. Freeze and Monty need to figure it out quickly. 

To me it shows how it seems other people or places or whatever know how to at least try to hide weaknesses. Bo has the same weaknesses he had here, but he went to a place that goes out of their way to get the ball out of his hands quick and not have him make a bunch of reads or throw difficult passes. 

They are dictating the QB's play and not letting the other teams do it. I haven't seen a bunch of Finley games but I'd betmoney he's not showing some skills nobody knew he had, I'd bet the coaches are running plays he likes, he feels not only the coaches but the school is behind him and he's just playing.

And not having the d lines like the sec top guys usually have helps a bunch too I imagine

• Like 4

9 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

You got any proof besides your own puff and fluff? No, you don't because he played like trash yesterday against the first D with a pulse he's faced. 

I mean you can just compare ashford’s stats to sander’s. 

4 hours ago, keesler said:

I understand, y’all do an awfully good job and it’s appreciated.  I don’t have the time to visit much anymore but things went off the rails big time in a thread or two yesterday.  🥵

To be fair, I shouldn’t have instigated the guy but then in fairness to myself there is no way I could have known the level of blow up that occurred from two or three harmless jabs I threw out. 

9 hours ago, e808 said:

It’s at Auburn and will be Becks first game on the road. If only Auburn could find some offense

I thought it was in Athens. But seeing as how we have no QB and not much of an OL, unfortunately, I don't think it matters much where the game is played. I'm just being honest.

23 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

You got any proof besides your own puff and fluff? No, you don't because he played like trash yesterday against the first D with a pulse he's faced. 

You're right that Shedeur had a bad yesterday, but I don't think that proves that he isn't a competent starting QB. 

Ashford is a vastly better athletic runner than Shedeur is, but Sanders has always been a much better passer and scorer, both in short and long range than Ashford. 

Colorado's game yesterday was Oregon dominating them at every position, top to bottom, more than it was proof that the QB was garbage. Colorado's Oline just flat out isn't that good and Sanders has taken a lot of sacks and been put under a lot of pressure this season. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

You're right that Shedeur had a bad yesterday, but I don't think that proves that he isn't a competent starting QB. 

Ashford is a vastly better athletic runner than Shedeur is, but Sanders has always been a much better passer and scorer, both in short and long range than Ashford. 

Colorado's game yesterday was Oregon dominating them at every position, top to bottom, more than it was proof that the QB was garbage. Colorado's Oline just flat out isn't that good and Sanders has taken a lot of sacks and been put under a lot of pressure this season. 

I liken it to when people said Bo was trash after the UGA game last season. Turns out they were wrong. It is a team game. There are times when your team gets manhandled at every position and it doesn't matter what you do. That was the kind of day Sanders had. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Bro some stuff doesn't even need arguing.....

• Like 1

One thing I wondered about, and maybe it has already been answered somewhere:

What would the call and result have been if Jimbo Fisher had interfered with Asanti's fumble return to the point of causing him to fall or be tackled by an A&M player?  Is there any circumstance where Asanti would have been awarded a TD?

12 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

What would the call and result have been if Jimbo Fisher had interfered with Asanti's fumble return to the point of causing him to fall or be tackled by an A&M player?  Is there any circumstance where Asanti would have been awarded a TD?

I have never seen them award points.

On 9/23/2023 at 3:24 PM, Didba said:

Your profile picture is the confederate battle flag. I won’t go beyond that because it’s a topic better reserved for the political forums. 

If you truly are an associate you should know he is well within his rights to post his profile pic. While I don't agree with it , the pic in itself does not warrant any abuse by you or other members. Going through his post history I don't see anything he's said to prove he is bigoted in any fashion. Be the man you want others to be and treat others the same way. There is way too much negativity in this world for us to add to it..........

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, AUMikeP said:

If you truly are an associate you should know he is well within his rights to post his profile pic. While I don't agree with it , the pic in itself does not warrant any abuse by you or other members. Going through his post history I don't see anything he's said to prove he is bigoted in any fashion. Be the man you want others to be and treat others the same way. There is way too much negativity in this world for us to add to it..........

First, as an associate, I know that this is a private forum and he has no free speech rights here. So your first point is entirely off the mark.

Second, yes, having the confederate battle flag as your profile picture warrants being called a bigot, imo. It represents a war fought for state’s right. State’s rights to do what? Own other humans as property.

Otherwise, your cover picture on your profile tells the true story of why you responded to this comment. This isn’t the political forum so I won’t go any further. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

And to think this FOOTBALL FORUM is supposed to be enjoyable. I guess sometimes it is.

Yeah, I probably shouldn’t have responded to old dude but he caught me right after a run with endorphins flowing. That’s on me for not ignoring him. Thanks for the reminder to just let things lie. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

And to think this FOOTBALL FORUM is supposed to be enjoyable. I guess sometimes it is.

Well the state of our football team is not making it enjoyable

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Angry 1

5 minutes ago, Didba said:

Yeah, I probably shouldn’t have responded to old dude but he caught me right after a run with endorphins flowing. That’s on me for not ignoring him. Thanks for the reminder to just let things lie. 

Ok……I thought maybe he was an old OM fan. “endorphins” googled and learned something. Did not have those when I was growing up I guess.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Well the state of our football team is not making it enjoyable

It wasn’t their performance that was making the forum unenjoyable for some. Hopefully it swings back around!!

On 9/25/2023 at 4:55 PM, WillMunny said:

First thing here is to realize this would have gone to replay.  There is a provision in the rule book that allows them to award a score in certain situations.   Now this is what I "think" they would have likely done:   Had Asante run into Fisher on the field, the flag would be thrown of course and the play allowed to continue.  Once the results of the play are in (does he score still or does he get tackled at some point, perhaps even when he hits jimbo), the officials would discuss it.   The penalty would be 15 yards for interference and the enforcement spot would be determined by the results of the play.  IF he gets tackled and doesn't score, it would be 15 yards from the end of the run.  If he did score, it would be 15 yards assessed on the succeeding kick off.  If the officials determine he would have scored without the contact, they have the option of awarding a score (then the penalty would be enforced on the succeeding kickoff, (I believe).   My OPINION ONLY:  IF the contact had occurred they most likely would not have awarded a score on this particular situation.  Remember, we have the white hat, the replay official and 3 members on a replay committee all watching this and they all have opinions.  They have to reach a consensus here (this is all speculation) and I just don't believe they would come to the final decision of awarding a score.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WarTiger said:

First thing here is to realize this would have gone to replay.  There is a provision in the rule book that allows them to award a score in certain situations.   This is what I "think" they would have likely done.  Had Asante run into Fisher on the field, the flag would be thrown of course and the play allowed to continue.  Once the results of the play are in (does he score still or does he get tackled at some point, perhaps even when he hits jimbo), the officials would discuss it.   The penalty would be 15 yards for interference and the enforcement spot would be determined by the results of the play.  IF he gets tackled and doesn't score, it would be 15 yards from the end of the run.  If he did score, it would be 15 yards assessed on the succeeding kick off.  If the officials determine he would have scored without the contact, they have the option of awarding a score (then the penalty would be enforced on the succeeding kickoff, (I believe).   My OPINION ONLY:  IF the contact had occurred they most likely would not have awarded a score on this particular situation.  Remember, we have the white hat, the replay official and 3 members on a replay committee all watching this and they all have opinions.  They have to reach a consensus here (this is all speculation) and I just don't believe they would come to the final decision of awarding a score.

There is precedent for awarding a TD:  

As I understand it, Hugh submitted 3 or 4 plays to the SEC office for questionable officiating and I think most of them were holding calls.  

Came across this meme…thoughts?

image.thumb.png.10aecfcdac15838edb4739fd11191b46.png