I’m just sad man

GwillMac6

I dunno if we will ever get it. If we never get it with Freeze and Montgomery 2 prolific passing coaches it’s just never happening. It’s one thing to be bad on offense but we are unwatchable bad and BORING! And no I wasn’t under any delusions that this season we would all of sudden look like Tennessee from last season but with Freeze and P Monty I at least expected a solid passing offense. But noooooopeeeeeeeee another season another absolutely awful and abysmal passing offense. Sighhhhhhhh 😑🤦‍♂️😒…… 😭😭

IMG_5023.gif

IMG_5005.jpeg

IMG_4790.gif

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Strychnine said:

If people are patient enough to let them build it, you might end up seeing it.

This is true.  I think it won’t happen to at least 2025.   The question is…will the wolves be willing to suffer until then.  

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Couldn’t tell you the last time I watched an AU football game and walked away saying, “that was fun”. 

Harsin's win over LSU in Baton Rouge for Auburn's first win there in 20+ years? Oh right, not cool.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

This is true.  I think it won’t happen to at least 2025.   The question is…will the wolves be willing to suffer until then.  

There HAS to be some improvement next year, and yes that includes in the record (not saying I'm asking for a championship run next year!).

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Harsin's win over LSU in Baton Rouge for Auburn's first win there in 20+ years? Oh right, not cool.

Oh. You found the one from 2 years ago. Good for you going literal on my hyperbole. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Couldn’t tell you the last time I watched an AU football game and walked away saying, “that was fun”. 

I mean the 2010 MNC game against Oregon was fun. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fishepa said:

I mean the 2010 MNC game against Oregon was fun. 

I think the most entertaining game I have ever watched was the 2013 SEC Championship.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I dunno if we will ever get it. If we never get it with Freeze and Montgomery 2 prolific passing coaches it’s just never happening. It’s one thing to be bad on offense but we are unwatchable bad and BORING! And no I wasn’t under any delusions that this season we would all of sudden look like Tennessee from last season but with Freeze and P Monty I at least expected a solid passing offense. But noooooopeeeeeeeee another season another absolutely awful and abysmal passing offense. Sighhhhhhhh 😑🤦‍♂️😒…… 😭😭

IMG_5023.gif

IMG_5005.jpeg

IMG_4790.gif

Hang on my bro!!!   We’ve got the right AD and HC.   We’ve probably got the right QB and WRs on the way soon.   (We may make some adjustments with the O coaching staff🤷‍♂️).   But I would expect our 2025 offense to be more like what we want to see!!!

• Like 3

I’m with you on this. It’s getting really old watching this Groundhog Day scenario 

Wake up, throw on my Auburn gear, grocery store start grilling, put on game day, get excited, turn the game on, watch Auburn sh** the bed offensively.

It’s the same crap, every week, every year. Doesn’t matter who the coach is, or the quarterback. It’s always the same old Mickey Mouse offense where all we do is run run run. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’m with you on this. It’s getting really old watching this Groundhog Day scenario 

Wake up, throw on my Auburn gear, grocery store start grilling, put on game day, get excited, turn the game on, watch Auburn sh** the bed offensively.

It’s the same crap, every week, every year. Doesn’t matter who the coach is, or the quarterback. It’s always the same old Mickey Mouse offense where all we do is run run run. 

I fear we may just have to wait until Saban hangs it up for relevancy again. Freeze was the best coach who would take this job until that day.

Edited by AUwent
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

I fear we may just have to wait until Saban hangs it up for relevancy again.

Saban is not our main problem in the least right now. What? It’s Kirby and Georgia. They dominated us on the field since 06 and absolutely have eviscerated us in recruiting since Kirby got there. We have had more success on and off the field Vs Saban.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

I fear we may just have to wait until Saban hangs it up for relevancy again.

I don’t think it will matter. Because the rest of the SEC seems to be filling that Bama void. Meanwhile Aubie can’t even complete a forward pass consistently, as usual. 

It’s not that I think Hugh isn’t a good offensive mind or he can’t develop a QB. But I’m getting really turned off by the fact that he seems to have that same damn stubborn streak that Gus had. He’s going to just run the same sh** whether it’s working or not. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I don’t think it will matter. Because the rest of the SEC seems to be filling that Bama void. Meanwhile Aubie can’t even complete a forward pass consistently, as usual. 

It’s not that I think Hugh isn’t a good offensive mind or he can’t develop a QB. But I’m getting really turned off by the fact that he seems to have that same damn stubborn streak that Gus had. He’s going to just run the same sh** whether it’s working or not. 

Yeah, I just think we'd be happier in the Sun Belt. Naturally Mizzou might be pulling it together of course so I doubt we can even reach 7 wins next year.

Edited by AUwent
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Yeah, I just think we'd be happier in the Sun Belt. Naturally Mizzou might be pulling it together of course so I doubt we can even reach 7 wins next year.

Lol good lawwwwd that’s not what he meant at all. You didn’t have to immediately go to that extreme!

34 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Freeze and Montgomery have never ever before have remotely run anything like whatever TF we have rolled out this season. Auburn is cursed it does stuff to coaches.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, AUwent said:

You're right man, let's put on a dress and transition to a female so we can beat up on some women.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Recruits will ultimately judge if they see momentum or not. Freeze has proven to be relentless, charming/likable, and can sell a vision (plus playing time and nil). However, he can only do the imagine if you will approach for so long. We’re no longer theoretical - recruits are watching these games now.

I don’t know if au/chf is a top 5 recruiting class combo - maybe - but to be viable, pretty soon we have to be at least top 10 in recruiting again. In your 2025 time frame - very soon.

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Saban is not our main problem in the least right now. What? It’s Kirby and Georgia. They dominated us on the field since 06 and absolutely have eviscerated us in recruiting since Kirby got there. We have had more success on and off the field Vs Saban.

Neither Kirby nor Saban are Auburn's biggest problem currently. Auburn is it's own worst enemy. It's top down rot that can't be exorcised because it will kill it's host. When the same results happen with different people, it's a systemic issue. That's my opinion on it anyway.  

Edited by Chaotic_zx
  • Like 4