AL rookie of the year

Won unanimously by Gunnar Henderson.  Wasn’t he an AU commit before going in the MLB draft out of HS?  Butch certainly can spot players.  
On the same ballot, Edouard Julien finished 7th.  WDE!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Yes he was I think he committed to AU when he was a sophomore in HS

Big brother was already at AU.  Gunnar committed in 17.   Signed his NLI in 18. Was 1st pick on the second round in 19.   Her got an above the slot bonus of $2.3.   Morgan Academy in Selma.   Around age 5, his dad built he and his brother their own baseball field in a pasture behind their house.   I don't know how much he spent on it, but it was a very sound investment.

• Like 2

Happy to see Edouard Julien making some noise in the MLB. Guy is a baller and packs a lot more bat punch than his size would indicate. 

• Like 2

Gunnar follows the Oriole's last Rookie of the Year award winner, Greg Olson, who won the award in 1989. He was a former AU Tiger and Hall of Fame relief pitcher. Olson's son rooms (or roomed) on the road with Gunnar's older brother on the AU baseball team. Small world.

• Like 2

Yep.  I seem to remember we were thinking he might stick to the commitment at one time but I think he made a wise choice. 

Screenshot_20231122_163359_Chrome.jpg