Tulane?

SLAG-91

I could be way off on this, but I don't see any way they can field a team this fall...the university is going to be closed indefinitely (I'd bet the entire semester, personally) and it's going to be a while before power is restored and people can return. I know there are many more important things than football, but I did wonder about this today after hearing of the postponement of their game against USM.

Don't forget that Tulane's home field, the Superdome, lost 2 sections of roofing. And about the high school thing, what does this do to their potential college careers? College coaches aren't going to see the kids that aren't playing. I hate it for these kids.

I can tell you that Tulane is going to be closed for a very long time. I have a few medic buddies down there and they told me that it's so bad that the Univeristy Hospital is evacuating and closing down. The water and wind damage is so severe that the 80% of New Orleans is either under water or no better than partially submerged. I helped out with Ivan last year, and this is of a magnitude that can be best regarded as "UNREAL!".

Give them the prayers, as I know you will. The lives of many, many people have turned inside out.

:no:

I have been thinking the same thing about many of the high schools in Louisiana & Mississippi.

177153[/snapback]

I read a blog on WWLTV.com, where the Jefferson Parish President has targeted Dec 1st as the first day to resume classes.

Archived