Family help

bigbird

As you know, good people are struggling right now just to stay caught up on their monthly bills and to put food on the table for their families. We have an AUfamily member who lost his job several months back and as a result got behind on his monthly bills to the tune of $1,800. To make matters more difficult, during his unemployment, his wife had a car accident and their inability to pay the $1200 insurance deductible has prevented them from getting their car repaired. He has a new job but is struggling to make progress in paying off the bills and saving for the deductible.

Please help get him back on his feet and dusted off. Let's take this opportunity to rally around our brother and show the power of this Family. If able, please donate. If not, please share this with other friends and family.

Thank you

https://gofund.me/db2c2bcd

• Like 3
  • Love 1

This place....  Less than 2 days after getting our hearts broken, we open up our hearts and wallets to help a fellow AU Family member who just needs a little lift from unknown friends.   Bird you are halfway to the $3,000 goal after just a few hours!!!!

@bigbird Donor number 25 just dropped $250.00!!!!!!!!!!!   Awesome.  Simply awesome what people are doing for someone they don't even know!!!!!   As of right now:

$1200.00 insurance deductible = done

$1,800.00 is past due bills = 1/3rd of the way done. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

@bigbird Donor number 25 just dropped $250.00!!!!!!!!!!!   Awesome.  Simply awesome what people are doing for someone they don't even know!!!!!   As of right now:

$1200.00 insurance deductible = done

$1,800.00 is past due bills = 1/3rd of the way done. 

This site and the membership that make up this family are good, generous people.  We may not all get along or always see eye to eye, but we're always here for each other. This is just another example of why this place is truly Family.  Thank you, everyone. 

• Love 4

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

This site and the membership that make up this family are good, generous people.  We may not all get along or always see eye to eye, but we're always here for each other. This is just another example of why this place is truly Family.  Thank you, everyone. 

Man, people have stepped up.  Just another $900 and Greg and his wife can breathe easier.....

4 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Man, people have stepped up.  Just another $900 and Greg and his wife can breathe easier.....

Unbelievable. God is good! 

We're just $295 short of our goal and we've done it in less than a day! That is an incredible testament to the compassion, care, and kindness of this group.

Thank you so much to everyone who has helped so far and everyone that is going to help see it through.  

Amazing! 

• Love 1

Thanks to everyone who donated and offered prayers for this family.   We surpassed the goal about 1 hour ago.   @bigbird is going to keep it going for awhile more in case others want to give.   Bird has given me the okay to share with you all that this family is expecting after the first of the year.   That is why Bird wanted to get them on their feet ASAP so they can get the car fixed before the baby arrives.   Thanks for being awesome!!! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Shutting down @ 8:00 tonight.  

Thank you everyone involved. 

Thank You, Sir. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Shutting down @ 8:00 tonight.  

Thank you everyone involved. 

@bigbird we need to figure out a way to convey Greg's reaction to the great folks on this board.   They don't expect it or even request it, but we should show them...  

10 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

@bigbird we need to figure out a way to convey Greg's reaction to the great folks on this board.   They don't expect it or even request it, but we should show them...  

He has a plan

• Love 1

Hope it helps them through this rough stretch and if ever have the capability just pass it on....Just happy I was able to help the little that I did, hope things turn around for them from here on out. :)

Sorry I am late with this...it was just difficult to fully comprehend this. I truly do not feel worthy of all you have done, but Bird has helped me with that... but it took a little time today....NGL.

@bigbird @JuscAUse! @LPTiger @bishoptf and anyone else who may have helped in any way, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.  When discussing my situation with Bird I had no idea it would turn to what it did. It is absolutely amazing. Bird said..." Rest easy and we will get this took care of!" ....like there was never any doubt. Bird, Thanks for being a great friend and for  doing this. Bird reached out a couple weeks ago just to check on me because he hadn't seen me on here much. That alone meant the world and then I told him what all has been happening and not a bit of hesitation. Just positive reinforcement and assurance of help. God Bless you. 

@LPTiger..you were an absolutely warrior keeping this at the top.

And for everyone who helped...I wish I had the words...Thank you all. It is truly amazing how quickly things can change. Money goes quick when you are not working. It is so easy to get behind, but can seem impossible to climb back ahead.  You add in a few unexpected things like....I.E. Wife wrecking her car the day she finds out she is pregnant lol...and it is easy to get overwhelmed. I have stressed so much the past month or so. I kept thinking about the fact I am about to have my first baby and here I am barely making it as is. Well you all have given us a fresh start and I am forever grateful.

This has been a teaching moment for me in a plethora of ways. The first thing I was taught by this experience is to not let my pride get in the way of help when offered. Such a foolish thing sometimes...pride...but many of us are guilty of it. The bigger lesson here is to never underestimate the willingness of others to help those in need. If you need help....ask. Whether it be friends, family or your grumpy bunch of scoundrels who you love arguing AU Sports family...just ask. There are so many good people in the world and especially in this fAUmily, regardless what the nightly news may show. My faith in humanity has been 110% restored. It has given me a new outlook on things to say the least and truly humbled me.  When I am able I will definitely pay it forward. 

I could go on and on and still wouldn't find the right words to describe how I feel about what you all have done. So I will end with this. Thank you again to everyone here for you kindness and generosity. Even those who may not have been able to help..thank you all. This truly is a family here no matter how much we bicker....and you know what.....There is no family like ours! War Damn Eagle ! God bless you all. 

• Like 1
  • Love 8

God is good @Tigerpro2a. Prayers for you and your wife and the little one on the way. 

• Love 3