Florida Football Under Investigation

PigskinPat

In this day and age, what in the heck are you doing to warrant an investigation? 😂

“The investigation has been underway since at least the summer. On June 9, the NCAA sent UF President Ben Sasse a notice of inquiry. That’s a formal document enforcement staff sends to schools alerting them of the investigation before interviewing any school employees or athletes.“

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/gators/2024/01/19/florida-gators-ncaa-investigation-recruiting-nil/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

In this day and age, what in the heck are you doing to warrant an investigation? 😂

“The investigation has been underway since at least the summer. On June 9, the NCAA sent UF President Ben Sasse a notice of inquiry. That’s a formal document enforcement staff sends to schools alerting them of the investigation before interviewing any school employees or athletes.“

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/gators/2024/01/19/florida-gators-ncaa-investigation-recruiting-nil/

Pandora’s box is wide open now. The NCAA may be the least of the worries with NIL. The IRS is going to want their cut and if they get involved it could get real ugly for the players and universities. The SMU stuff of the 80s is child’s play compared to what’s happening now. 

• Like 5

First felony state gets probation, then the elf retires at uat and the mass player exodus still continues, now florida getting investigated.  holy crap that's the best HAT TRICK ever.  The three programs I HATE the most all experiencing turmoil.  I love it.

• Haha 6

31 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

First felony state gets probation, then the elf retires at uat and the mass player exodus still continues, now florida getting investigated.  holy crap that's the best HAT TRICK ever.  The three programs I HATE the most all experiencing turmoil.  I love it.

@WarTigerBama, I get, yes. But UGA and LSU are not in your top three? :poke:

15 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

@WarTigerBama, I get, yes. But UGA and LSU are not in your top three? :poke:

definitely not.  I'm no fan of either of those and will never want them to win out of conference in anything, but don't have the strong feelings toward them like I do the other 3.  Those 3 are just the absolute worst of the worst for me.   Also, I live in Florida.

The toothless NCAA plods along with investigations and allegations interminably with little substantive results. Michigan? Multiple serious violations. Penalties? Kansas basketball? Talk about a cesspool of violations over many years. Penalties? LSU? Multiple sports, multiple violations. How long did that crap drag on, and to what end?

I'll probably die of old age before anything comes of this from NCAA. That said, just the NOI could give UF an out to get rid of Napier without a hefty buyout.

al.com

NCAA investigating Florida Gators football

Updated: Jan. 19, 2024, 5:17 p.m.|Published: Jan. 19, 2024, 4:34 p.m.

2–3 minutes

Florida head coach Billy Napier, right, talks with quarterback Graham Mertz during a timeout in the first half of an NCAA college football game against Arkansas, Saturday, Nov. 4, 2023, in Gainesville, Fla. (AP Photo/John Raoux)AP

The Tampa Bay Times is reporting the NCAA is investigating the Florida Gators football program.

The NCAA investigation involves the recruitment of quarterback Jaden Rashada, Brett McMurphy reports. Rashada signed with Florida but was released from his letter of intent and is at Arizona State.

The investigation has been ongoing since the summer, perhaps longer. According to the report, on June 9, the NCAA sent Florida President Ben Sasse a notice of inquiry.

It took nearly three months for The Tampa Bay Times’ request for the letter to be honored after, per The Times, the news outlets legal counsel got involved.

“We have been and will continue to cooperate with the NCAA,” Gators spokesperson Steve McClain said, per The Times. “We hold ourselves to high standards of excellence and integrity on and off the field. Because we follow NCAA policies about maintaining confidentiality, we are unable to offer additional comments.”

The NCAA hit the Gators with one year of probation in 2020 for recruiting violations under then-coach Dan Mullen.

Check out the full report here.

Mark Heim is a reporter for The Alabama Media Group. Follow him on Twitter @Mark_Heim. He can be heard on “The Opening Kickoff” on WNSP-FM 105.5 FM in Mobile or on the free Sound of Mobile App from 6 to 9 a.m. daily.

If you purchase a product or register for an account through a link

• WarTiger changed the title to Florida Football Under Investigation

man i wanted ol nap so bad and now i am so glad we did not get him. i think the sun shined on us the day we turned him down.

17 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Pandora’s box is wide open now. The NCAA may be the least of the worries with NIL. The IRS is going to want their cut and if they get involved it could get real ugly for the players and universities. The SMU stuff of the 80s is child’s play compared to what’s happening now. 

Universities aren’t responsible for anything relative to an individual’s taxes. NIL collectives are only responsible for the actual forms (unless holding are required). Surely those items are covered when signing the NIL deals.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

al.com

NCAA investigating Florida Gators football

Updated: Jan. 19, 2024, 5:17 p.m.|Published: Jan. 19, 2024, 4:34 p.m.

2–3 minutes

Florida head coach Billy Napier, right, talks with quarterback Graham Mertz during a timeout in the first half of an NCAA college football game against Arkansas, Saturday, Nov. 4, 2023, in Gainesville, Fla. (AP Photo/John Raoux)AP

The Tampa Bay Times is reporting the NCAA is investigating the Florida Gators football program.

The NCAA investigation involves the recruitment of quarterback Jaden Rashada, Brett McMurphy reports. Rashada signed with Florida but was released from his letter of intent and is at Arizona State.

The investigation has been ongoing since the summer, perhaps longer. According to the report, on June 9, the NCAA sent Florida President Ben Sasse a notice of inquiry.

It took nearly three months for The Tampa Bay Times’ request for the letter to be honored after, per The Times, the news outlets legal counsel got involved.

“We have been and will continue to cooperate with the NCAA,” Gators spokesperson Steve McClain said, per The Times. “We hold ourselves to high standards of excellence and integrity on and off the field. Because we follow NCAA policies about maintaining confidentiality, we are unable to offer additional comments.”

The NCAA hit the Gators with one year of probation in 2020 for recruiting violations under then-coach Dan Mullen.

Check out the full report here.

Mark Heim is a reporter for The Alabama Media Group. Follow him on Twitter @Mark_Heim. He can be heard on “The Opening Kickoff” on WNSP-FM 105.5 FM in Mobile or on the free Sound of Mobile App from 6 to 9 a.m. daily.

If you purchase a product or register for an account through a link

This report by Heim doesn’t match the info in the link above. That link says that the NCAA investigation letter did not specify what the investigation was about just that there was an investigation on-going.

Edited by Hank2020
  • Like 1

Just now, Hank2020 said:

Universities aren’t responsible for anything relative to an individual’s taxes. NIL collectives are only responsible for the actual forms (unless holding are required). Surely those items are covered when signing the NIL deals.

I’m aware. In the FSU case it was a cash inducement which is still not allowable. If investigations start uncovering under the table cash and unreported income, the IRS can absolutely get involved. My reference to universities is pointed toward NCAA investigations and the bad publicity. Also the potential for lost revenue if the athletic programs are sanctioned. 

Just now, Hank2020 said:

This teport doesn’t match the info in the link above. That link says thT the NCAA investigation letter did not specify what the investigation was about just that there was an investigation on-going.

It has since been reported that in involves the recruiting of that 5 star qb who decommitted after claiming that UF reneged on his NIL deal. (Rashada?)

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

I’m aware. In the FSU case it was a cash inducement which is still not allowable. If investigations start uncovering under the table cash and unreported income, the IRS can absolutely get involved. My reference to universities is pointed toward NCAA investigations and the bad publicity. Also the potential for lost revenue if the athletic programs are sanctioned. 

Gotcha, didn’t understand your reference but completely agree with you. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

It has since been reported that in involves the recruiting of that 5 star qb who decommitted after claiming that UF reneged on his NIL deal. (Rashada?)

Gotcha, looking for that report. Seems like if that wasn’t included in the letter these reports ate just guessing as to reasons.

3 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Gotcha, looking for that report. Seems like if that wasn’t included in the letter these reports ate just guessing as to reasons.

ESPN reported it. May be speculation on their part. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39345170/ncaa-investigating-gators-jaden-rashada-recruitment

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

I read the article . Appreciate you posting. I would venture they are jumping to a conclusion also as they specifically stated notices did not identify that specific case. They also didn’t use “sources” as identifying why they thought it was this case. They could have jumped to the correct conclusion though!! Lol

• Like 1

On 1/19/2024 at 5:13 PM, WarTiger said:

You must live in the Sunshine State.  There are plenty of programs that deserve your hatred more than FSU.  Now saying you shouldn’t have a healthy disdain for them but Ole Miss, Tennessee and Georgia still play sports.  

Because of nil every major program is in danger of investigation. The dude that entered the transfer portal from uat and transferred to Texas bought a new Ford Bronco his first day there. Florida should sue everyone they can and start with the ncaa.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/college-football/news-former-alabama-wr-isaiah-bond-shows-dazzling-new-ford-bronco-worth-50-000-following-transfer-texas-business-decision#:~:text=after Texas transfer-,Former Alabama WR Isaiah Bond shows off dazzling new Ford,Texas as a “business decision”&text=Isaiah Bond took to Instagram,worth %2450%2C000 in the market.

15 hours ago, NCAubs said:

You must live in the Sunshine State.  There are plenty of programs that deserve your hatred more than FSU.  Now saying you shouldn’t have a healthy disdain for them but Ole Miss, Tennessee and Georgia still play sports.  

That's only your opinion and it isn't relevant to mine.

1 minute ago, WarTiger said:

That's only your opinion and it isn't relevant to mine.

Fair enough.  I saw where you had to live with those yahoos.  I think that makes your opinion relevant.  Carry on.