1.27.24 Football Articles

auburnwire.usatoday.com

Walker White ranks top-five in 247Sports' final 2024 quarterback rankings

Taylor Jones

~2 minutes

Auburn football’s 2024 signing class is special.

The Tigers have landed quality talent at wide receiver, such as five-star Cam Coleman and Perry Thompson. The guy who will be throwing passes to those stud wide receivers is not so bad himself.

247Sports recently released its final rankings for the 2024 class, and quarterback signee Walker White is among the nation’s best at the position. White is considered to be the fifth-best quarterback in the class, which makes him the highest-ranked quarterback signee for Auburn since Bo Nix, who was the No. 2 quarterback in the 2019 class.

White is considered to be a four-star quarterback by 247Sports’ standards. He is the No. 41 overall player for the 2024 class and is the top player from the state of Arkansas. As a senior at Little Rock Christian Academy, White passed for 2,660 yards and 29 touchdowns while rushing for an additional 834 yards and eight scores.

White is one of three SEC signees to earn a top-10 ranking from 247Sports, joining Florida signee DJ Lagway and Georgia pledge Ryan Puglisi.

The FINAL Top 10 QBs in the Class of 2024. 🏈

MORE: https://t.co/C494jFLdtZ pic.twitter.com/AFBjRspBlf

— 247Sports (@247Sports) January 25, 2024

Contact/Follow us @TheAuburnWire on  X (Twitter), and like our page on Facebook to follow ongoing coverage of Auburn news, notes, and opinions. You can also follow Taylor on Twitter @TRaley34

UCF hiring away Auburn director of recruiting and football relations Trovon Reed

Published: Jan. 26, 2024, 1:27 p.m.
~2 minutes

Auburn University

Jordan-Hare Stadium on the Auburn University campus on Thursday, Nov. 9, 2023. (Ben Flanagan / AL.com)Ben Flanagan

Former Auburn football player and director of football and recruiting relations Trovon Reed is heading to the Sunshine State.

Gus Malzahn, former Auburn head coach and current head coach at the University of Central Florida, announced in a post on social media that he and the Knights would be bringing Reed aboard to serve as UCF’s cornerbacks coach.

Reed’s jump from Auburn to UCF comes after he returned to his alma mater in 2021 as Auburn’s player relations coordinator and was later elevated to director of football and recruiting relations in 2022.

Reed played at Auburn from 2010-14, lining up at both receiver and cornerback. Reed’s upcoming role as cornerbacks coach at UCF will be his first as an assistant coach.

News of Reed’s exit from The Plains comes just two days after reports that Hugh Freeze and Auburn would be hiring away one of LSU football’s top executives in Will Redmond, who is expected to take on a general manager-like role at Auburn, which is likely to include a lot of work in recruiting.

If you purchase a product or register for an account through a link on our site, we may receive compensation. By using this site, you consent to our User Agreement and agree that your clicks, interactions, and personal information may be collected, recorded, and/or stored by us and social media and other third-party partners in accordance with our Privacy Policy.

UCF hiring away Auburn director of recruiting and football relations Trovon Reed

Published: Jan. 26, 2024, 1:27 p.m.
~2 minutes

Auburn University

Jordan-Hare Stadium on the Auburn University campus on Thursday, Nov. 9, 2023. (Ben Flanagan / AL.com)Ben Flanagan

Former Auburn football player and director of football and recruiting relations Trovon Reed is heading to the Sunshine State.

Gus Malzahn, former Auburn head coach and current head coach at the University of Central Florida, announced in a post on social media that he and the Knights would be bringing Reed aboard to serve as UCF’s cornerbacks coach.

Reed’s jump from Auburn to UCF comes after he returned to his alma mater in 2021 as Auburn’s player relations coordinator and was later elevated to director of football and recruiting relations in 2022.

Reed played at Auburn from 2010-14, lining up at both receiver and cornerback. Reed’s upcoming role as cornerbacks coach at UCF will be his first as an assistant coach.

News of Reed’s exit from The Plains comes just two days after reports that Hugh Freeze and Auburn would be hiring away one of LSU football’s top executives in Will Redmond, who is expected to take on a general manager-like role at Auburn, which is likely to include a lot of work in recruiting.

If you purchase a product or register for an account through a link on our site, we may receive compensation. By using this site, you consent to our User Agreement and agree that your clicks, interactions, and personal information may be collected, recorded, and/or stored by us and social media and other third-party partners in accordance with our Privacy Policy.

good morning buckaroo's! may the force be with you today.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

good morning buckaroo's! may the force be with you today.

May the force force this wave of rain away. ENOUGH ALREADY!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

May the force force this wave of rain away. ENOUGH ALREADY!

i am one of those weirdo's that likes it since i do not work in it anymore.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

i am one of those weirdo's that likes it since i do not work in it anymore.

With me it's a personal situation. I live two miles down a dirt/gravel road. Excessive rain during hunting season when the hunter's trucks are in and out gives me lots of grief.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

With me it's a personal situation. I live two miles down a dirt/gravel road. Excessive rain during hunting season when the hunter's trucks are in and out gives me lots of grief.

i would be more worried about stray bullets.................

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i would be more worried about stray bullets.................

I'm careful about who I  lease the hunting rights to. Besides, bullets are expensive. They don't waste them on poor shots.

• Like 1

i just found out on youtube charlie starr of blackberry smoke is an auburn fan. i have a friend that is a lighting tech for concerts and he has done their shows and says he is the nicest guy you could meet. no ego.........is he our new jimmy buffet?

• Like 1