Does Terry Beasley get a statue?

that maybe now terry will get a statue? i personally think he made pat look better than he might have been and this is not a slight. i have much love for pat as well.

The football players with statues each won the Heisman. Frank Thomas is in the MLB HOF. Charles Barkley is in the Naismith NBA HOF. Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t see Terry Beasley getting a statue even as beloved as he is. He gave a lot for Auburn and maybe there is another way to honor him. Hopefully they’ll do something this upcoming season. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

The football players with statues each won the Heisman. Frank Thomas is in the MLB HOF. Charles Barkley is in the Naismith NBA HOF. Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t see Terry Beasley getting a statue even as beloved as he is. He gave a lot for Auburn and maybe there is another way to honor him. Hopefully they’ll do something this upcoming season. 

i am butt hurt this board has done nothing to celebrate him.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i am butt hurt this board has done nothing to celebrate him.

Don’t be. He left a legacy and a lot of us won’t have that, publicly at least. He was celebrated and beloved by many during his life. Opponents respected him and I never read or saw anyone saying anything bad. We should all be that blessed. That’s when acknowledgement and accolades need to be expressed. 

• Like 1

Just now, gr82be said:

Don’t be. He left a legacy and a lot of us won’t have that, publicly at least. He was celebrated and beloved by many during his life. Opponents respected him and I never read or saw anyone saying anything bad. We should all be that blessed. That’s when acknowledgement and accolades need to be expressed. 

he is an auburn legend and i will always think something should have been done. i think folks would have liked it.

9 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

he is an auburn legend and i will always think something should have been done. i think folks would have liked it.

Try this for your avi. It should fit. 

IMG_1007.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, gr82be said:

IMG_1007.jpeg

God bless you bro it could not be more perfect! you are a rock star in my eyes big shooter!

for the record folks if you want to copy this to use i have no problems with it. it might cause some confusion for those that have reading problems............grins

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

God bless you bro it could not be more perfect! you are a rock star in my eyes big shooter!

Glad I could help. War Eagle!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

IMG_1007.jpeg

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

Well done!  An AUsome tribute to a beloved Auburn legend.

1 hour ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Subjecting social media companies to even half the number of regulations imposed on gun manufacturer's would be a solid start. I think that's what people want to see.

My solution would get shouted down by both sides, but here it is: Parents, don't give your children iphones. 

4 minutes ago, Golden Eagle said:

Well done!  An AUsome tribute to a beloved Auburn legend.

He is top shelf!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

He is top shelf!

Just by chance one night when I was in school, I got to play a little pool with Terry and a couple of other guys.

If you had not known who he was, you would never have known he was an AU Football star. He was just one of the fellas with a little downtime.

Just so different than the “star” players of today.

Edited by au701948
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Just by chance one night when I was in school, I got to play a little pool with Terry and a couple of other guys.

If you had not known who he was, you would never have known he was an AU Football star. He was just one of the fellas with a little downtime.

Just so different than the “star” players of today.

thanx for sharing this!

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

He is top shelf!

I remember what they said about Beasley, it wasn't the fact he ran the 100 in 9.6. it was the fact he ran his patterns in 9.6. God bless you T. B.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

I would gladly contribute to some kind of permanent recognition for TB at the stadium.

i would as well.

7 hours ago, PotPot said:

May not be much recognition but his jersey number is retired. 

That's pretty big, in my eyes. About the biggest honor you can get when only 100 numbers are ever used and only a few are officially retired.

• Like 4

I think the fact that his jersey is permanently retired makes him more than eligible for a statue. Maybe not alongside Pat or Cam or Bo, as he didn’t win the Heisman, but I could see a statue near the Tiger Walk entrance by the South Endzone. Or, easily enough, at the new football facility. Maybe at the entrance or inside the main entryway.

Considering the emphasis on more talent at WR currently, it could be a subtle psychological sign of commitment to a first rate passing game, in addition to actual results on the field of course. 

I agree fifty, I think there’s space and plenty of reason to do it.

• Like 2

Bear Bryant called him "The best player at any position in the country". 

He’s on the Tiger Trail. Was just there earlier today. 

IMG_3736.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 2/5/2024 at 9:26 AM, aubiefifty said:

that maybe now terry will get a statue? i personally think he made pat look better than he might have been and this is not a slight. i have much love for pat as well.

Totally thought you meant Terry Bowden and Pat Dye for half a second. 🤣😅 Terry Beasley makes more sense. I don’t think I see it happening though. The athletes that have statues were not just good. They were legends. Barkley, Thomas, and Cam all had long professional careers as well. Bo had a reasonably long baseball career, and would’ve been an NFL legend if not for his injury. Sullivan is probably the weakest of the folks with statues. But you can’t put up statues of 2 heisman winners and leave out the third. I don’t think Beasley quite lived up to that level. 

• Sad 1

• WarTiger changed the title to Does Terry Beasley get a statue?

Great dude by all accounts, fantastic ball player, gave a lot of great memories to a certain generation- but I think statues belong to that .1% select guys that are total no brainer legends. Otherwise there’s gonna be a lot of statues around.