AU going to Maui next season!!!

Incredible field: AU, UConn, UNC, Iowa St., Michigan St., Dayton, Memphis, and Colorado. Methinks Mr. Pettiford is going to get a big-time stage to show off some skills.

I’ve been one of Bruce’s biggest critics for some of the lowlights we have experienced the last few seasons, but dang, he came in and got AU relevant enough to be in this elite tourney. Does anyone remember that first year with Cinmeon Bowers and KT Harrell? He agreed to fly to Boulder to play Colorado in some screwy ESPN Made-for-TV “24 hours of basketball” event where AU played Colorado at their gym at like 2:00 AM. We got pasted. But here we are, a few conference championships, a Final Four, and multiple first-round draft picks later. Just amazing. 

• Like 2

Wish I could go. Maui is beautiful and so was Lahaina.  Loved that little town.  Lots of places to stay but if you can swing a condo at Montage on Kapalua Bay, it’s unreal resort on northern end of Maui.  The PGA plays on one of the courses there.   But…as I am used to the Gulf and Caribbean, the Pacific is COLD. 
and yes, thank you CBP

• Like 1