Baseball vs UAB

• Thanks 1

There will be some top competition in Jacksonville this weekend. AU plays #10 Virginia, #18 Iowa and Wichita State.  This should give us a good barometer reading on where we are this early in the season. I'm very optimistic about this year's Tiger team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

There will be some top competition in Jacksonville this weekend. AU plays #10 Virginia, #18 Iowa and Wichita State.  This should give us a good barometer reading on where we are this early in the season. I'm very optimistic about this year's Tiger team.

do you think our pitching is still good after we lost Hudson?

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

A coach can only do so much. The arms on the team are more important than who the coach is, and Butch Thompson is a great pitching coach himself. I liked having Hudson involved with the team but there are any number of good pitching coaches out there. His coaching abilities are not irreplaceable. His reputation as a major league all star may have had some influence on recruiting but I'm not sure how much.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mikey said:

A coach can only do so much. The arms on the team are more important than who the coach is, and Butch Thompson is a great pitching coach himself. I liked having Hudson involved with the team but there are any number of good pitching coaches out there. His coaching abilities are not irreplaceable. His reputation as a major league all star may have had some influence on recruiting but I'm not sure how much.

if it is not prying how did you do as a baseball coach? if so ignore mikey.

Edited by aubiefifty

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Absolutely. 
I loved having Huddy around for all the reasons you would think, but I’m not sure great players make great coaches by default. I expect to see even better results out of this staff with both Foxhall and Teaford around. Talent has also gotten better with each successive class. We will miss Hudson, but we won’t really…if that makes sense. 

Edited by PowerOfDixieland
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

3 hits 10 walks?? and 7 runs that's a box score you don't see often.

Yep, it's hard to win a baseball game giving up 10 free bags.

• Like 1

Tigers found the running game early, leading the conference in stolen bases and 5th in the country after the first week of the season. This is an aspect of the offense we have not seen in a very long time…that I can recall. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Tigers found the running game early, leading the conference in stolen bases and 5th in the country after the first week of the season. This is an aspect of the offense we have not seen in a very long time…that I can recall. 

Hoping it stays this way. It annoyed me in 2019 that as fast as most of that offense(besides Woley, Davis, and maybe Williams) was that we didn't steal bases as much as they could have. Not complaining about that year's results though.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

if it is not prying how did you do as a baseball coach? if so ignore mikey.

Better than average but then I put in more hours than average. Funny how things work like that. :)

• Like 1