We're in the game

Auburn Wire

It’s in the game: Auburn will be included in new EA Sports College Football video game

Taylor Jones
Thu, February 22, 2024 at 11:00 AM CST·1 min read

78085924273eff09e700c1ab047cde1b

After much speculation, EA Sports finally announced that its college football franchise would return this summer with a new name: EA Sports College Football 25.

Since the announcement, various programs nationwide have agreed to be included in the game. Thursday, Auburn joined the mix by formally announcing that fans of the franchise can play as Auburn once the game is released.

EA Sports also revealed Thursday that athletes can opt-in to the game for an NIL opportunity. According to a report by The Athletic, EA Sports will pay athletes $600 and give them a free copy of the game as part of the deal. Some athletes will also have the opportunity to earn more NIL incentives by becoming ambassadors for EA Sports. The deal is expected to be the largest NIL partnership to date. OneTeam Partners will handle NIL licensing for the game.

What will happen to those athletes who choose not to be in the video game? EA Sports says that those players will be given a generic name.

According to the report, all 134 FBS programs will be included in the game, meaning that schools such as Jax State, Kennesaw State, Appalachian State, Georgia Southern, and Coastal Carolina — who were not FBS programs when the game was last released in 2013 — will now be playable.

Who is ready to use Auburn in dynasty mode?

Contact/Follow us @TheAuburnWire on  X (Twitter), and like our page on Facebook to follow ongoing coverage of Auburn news, notes, and opinions. You can also follow Taylor on Twitter @TaylorJones__

Story originally appeared on Auburn Wire

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You know what I love about Electronic Arts....nothing. I love that it's coming back but not in this era of games where microtransactions are everywhere.

Base game: $70

Features:

Create your own team feature: $10    Custom rosters: $10     Uniform Editing: $5       Recruiting booster: $5      NIL boost: $30

$70 barebone game becomes a $500 investment to get all the features. lol

49 minutes ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

You know what I love about Electronic Arts....nothing. I love that it's coming back but not in this era of games where microtransactions are everywhere.

Base game: $70

Features:

Create your own team feature: $10    Custom rosters: $10     Uniform Editing: $5       Recruiting booster: $5      NIL boost: $30

$70 barebone game becomes a $500 investment to get all the features. lol

Could only be worse if the $70 was only a 1 year subscription, after which it and all your data disappear. In my day, everything didn't absolutely suck!

Underrated conversation surrounding this topic:

Are we gonna get a college basketball video game soon?? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2024 at 10:52 PM, Tiger said:

Underrated conversation surrounding this topic:

Are we gonna get a college basketball video game soon?? 

Sadly, probably not. 

I liked the EA college basketball games, but they stopped making those because of low sales and demand whereas they only stopped making the college football games because of lawsuits from NIL issues.