Best Team Under Bruce?

• Like 2

A lot of people assume it's 2019, but that team had its share of struggles during the regular season. They just peaked at the right time. So the correct answer is, "to be determined".

• Like 2

Analytically it is - my main question for this team is heart and grit. We haven’t won a close game all year, and we will definitely have to win close one(s) in the tournaments. 

I'd still easily take the 2019 team; even though it struggled for around 2 months, they had a style they played through and through, had a core with basically a minimum of 2 seasons together, came off an extended run of dominance over the SEC in the previous season, had multiple high-level ball handlers, and had an offense that was at the time very foreign. I think even if this team won the natty, I'd still consider that one a better constructed roster for March, especially when considering how much better the top level was back then. There were some INCREDIBLE teams in the field back in 18-19

I thought this team could be the best pre-season.  I also thought Aden would be much better (that is on me).  Denver is heating up at the right time.  If he can be consistent down the stretch, this team has a shot with all the other pieces.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, KillenTime said:

I thought this team could be the best pre-season.  I also thought Aden would be much better (that is on me).  Denver is heating up at the right time.  If he can be consistent down the stretch, this team has a shot with all the other pieces.  

Aden has broken my heart too, I expected him to be the game changer we need. Especially the way he played early in the season.

I hope Aden sticks with AU after this year.  He is going to be a really good college basketball player before all is said and done.  He's got the skills but more importantly the work ethic. It doesn't matter what your vocation is, those two attributes are a sure-fire combo for success.

• Like 1