Now look at the Season Realistically

passthebiscuits

Now that we have the nightmare of a season opener over with, how does the rest of the season look now?

We will win Ball State and Western KY, but outside of those two games, the rest are now up for grabs. If we don't improve on the lines and at RB then we will have a LONG season. I agree with previous posters that BC did a good job under duress the whole night, so I am confident that he will get better. That said, I just hope that Georgia Tech is THAT good, and that we're not THAT bad.

We could perhaps go 5-6 now, with losses to USC, LSU, Georgia, and Alabama...we probably will also lose one of the two between Arkansas and Ole Miss.

I think we realistically have to see that every game from here on is not a lock, including Miss State!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now that we have the nightmare of a season opener over with, how does the rest of the season look now? 

We will win Ball State and Western KY, but outside of those two games, the rest are now up for grabs.  If we don't improve on the lines and at RB then we will have a LONG season.  I agree with previous posters that BC did a good job under duress the whole night, so I am confident that he will get better. That said, I just hope that Georgia Tech is THAT good, and that we're not THAT bad.

We could perhaps go 5-6 now, with losses to USC, LSU, Georgia, and Alabama...we probably will also lose one of the two between Arkansas and Ole Miss.

I think we realistically have to see that every game from here on is not a lock, including Miss State!

178499[/snapback]

PTB, put down the crack pipe.... ;)

8-3...and we DON'T lose to Bamar....

:au::homer:

Miss ST will be a challenge, more so than first thought. We will win and be closer to the team we thought we would see against Tech. Less false starts, penelities, and better blocking by the RBs. Probably different plays designed to afford quicker decisions by the QB. The defense should play much better. Our CBs will not see better wideouts than GT and now have game experience. It will also be in the heat of the day which should give us another advantage. We will see improvement and feel better afterwards. Its going to be interesting to watch this team grow and improve. BC knows football and will grow and improve much like Jason did, only faster. We were out of sink against GT, who by the way is a good team -- that will not happen againt State.

No I did not miss my medication, this is what shoud happen.

After watching the game on TV last night, I have a lot more confidence in the team than I did when I left the stadium Saturday night. The defense needs to make a couple of adjustments, but overall I think they played decent. The offense, in my opinion, got away from the gameplan early and started throwing the ball. Auburn is not going to win a whole lot of ballgames throwing 44 times.

Overall, Auburn turned the ball over 5 times...5 TIMES and still had a chance to win the ball game until the last possesion. Auburn will win out to LSU and have a lot of time to mature before going there. Auburn will be a different team before we play competition where we need our A game!!!

I still believe Auburn can make a run at the SEC!!!

But like WarTim, I am a "Glass half full" kind of person!!!

5-6? Im not too sure about that.

Watching the game over again, I have to say, like others on this board, that there is alot to look forward to. I think this game will probably do more good for our team than most people think. I still think we only lose 2 or 3 games this season. We are a good team, we just have to fix our errors and pick ourselves back up.

Cox showed alot of poise during the game, towards the end he was trying to force things in. He will only get better each game. If our starting qb is getting about 340 yards in his first start, theres alot to look forward to :)

From all the postgame articles I still have not seen where Tuberville has accepted some of the blame for the loss. He is the coach and should have made sure we were prepared better for GT. I know it's not all his fault I just think he needs to take some of the blame for play calling, putting so much pressure on Brandon in his first game and not having us as prepared and ready for the game. We came out flat and that was the reason for the loss.

From all the postgame articles I still have not seen where Tuberville has accepted some of the blame for the loss. He is the coach and should have made sure we were prepared better for GT. I know it's not all his fault I just think he needs to take some of the blame for play calling, putting so much pressure on Brandon in his first game and not having us as prepared and ready for the game. We came out flat and that was the reason for the loss.

178649[/snapback]

He did.

178649[/snapback]

He did.

178652[/snapback]

Well if he did than forget what I posted.

5-6?!?!?! :lol:

I'm in the minority on the issue of the fooball team. I saw a lot more positives than negatives out there Saturday. I fully expect this team to only lose maybe one more game. And you heard it here first - Auburn will go to the SEC championship on Dec. 3rd in ATL.

I'll tell you what though - it sucks to lose, doesn't it? :puke:

10-1 - 9-2 regular season. Who knows what will happen in the SECCG. :au:

8 wins tops...

Lose to: LSU,Dawgs, and POSSIBLY BAMA due to Bama's strength on D...C and RG are a huge problem right now..

178548[/snapback]

So, am I correct in assuming that Auburn wants to forfeit the LSU now? :roflol:

8 wins tops...

Lose to: LSU,Dawgs, and POSSIBLY BAMA due to Bama's strength on D...C and RG are a huge problem right now..

178548[/snapback]

178785[/snapback]

No, your just being a smart ass. :moon:

Guest Tigrinum Major
8 wins tops...

178548[/snapback]

178785[/snapback]

Nope, you are incorrect. Only our more pessimistic fans would do that right now. As for myself (and Coach Tuberville and the rest of the Tigers), I think this team will relish the challenge of the fifth ring of hell otherwise known as a Tiger Stadium night game.

4-7 at best, and thats counting on the fact that we dont flop against MS ST, the whole team looked crappy, they need to bench tre smith and play someone else, and they need to switch in Blake Field and Clavin booker with Brandon Cox, thats what he did with Campbell(Cobb), If Tubberville doesnt do those two things then we will not win more than 4 games, realistically

4-7 at best, and thats counting on the fact that we dont flop against MS ST, the whole team looked crappy, they need to bench tre smith and play someone else, and they need to switch in Blake Field and Clavin booker with Brandon Cox, thats what he did with Campbell(Cobb), If Tubberville doesnt do those two things then we will not win more than 4 games, realistically

178820[/snapback]

This is just stupid. We have 5 turnovers and still had a chance to win the ballgame against a BCS conference team with a very good defense. I looked at our schedule at the start of the season and thought 9-2 (losses to LSU and UGA most likely) was very doable. I still think that 8-3 is reasonable and if the ball bounces our way, we could knock off one of the two losses I penciled in.

Blake Field and Calvin Booker don't know the offense. If you want to go 4-7, put those guys in and see what a disaster looks like. Cox will be fine. He'll learn from this. He's not going to throw 4 INTs every game.

Damn, you Chicken Little types chap my hide.

Guest Tigrinum Major

178820[/snapback]

You showed such promise with some of your posts when you first joined and then you follow up with this?!?!?!?!?!?

4 games? Excuse, NO MORE than 4 games? We will win four games before we are tested again.

I am as disappointed with losing as anyone, but anyone who believes that 4-7 is the best we can hope for is one of two things: a fairweather fan I don't wish to associate with or someone who knows nothing about the game of football. I'll leave you with this: If Cox throws one less interception and leads Auburn to a 21-20 victory, are we having this discussion or are we all still looking at the hope of an undefeated season? Yeah, yeah, I know all you doom and gloomers will tell me otherwise, but I know the real answer.

I might be the enternal optismist, but geez, did any of you people watch the same game I did and see the same bright spots? I wish you would just bring back your Bama gear from the 70's and show your true colors...

4-7??? :blink:

WTF?

I, for one, am pumped about the prospects of watching Brandon Cox mature as our QB. I'm not saying he didn't make several "Freshman" like mistakes. He threw into coverage too much and at times, didn't seem to be in sync with everything ie, the time outs and numerous procedure penalties.

However, there were points when people in our section were looking at each other saying, "This guy is going to be a good one." He hung in the pocket (sometimes too long) threw darts to his receivers, threw the long ball very well, threw the ball away several times when the play didn't develop etc.

One of the passes that impressed me the most was an incomplete he threw on a blitz. It looked like Aromado was the "hot" receiver on that blitz but didn't recognize it and kept running up field. BC threw to the spot where he should have broken off his pattern when the blitz came. It was obvious to my uninformed and untrained eye :D , that BC recognized it and made the right throw but A-do did not. Folks, we've got 4-5 very winnable games coming up and I truly think we're going to be looking at this thing differently in a few weeks.

Hang in there, it's a long season. :au::cheer:

G TEch is not a bad as everyone is saying but..we will kill SPURRIER's horrific interior O-line and D-Line! :cheer:

Can't win em all but we got SCREWED!

178552[/snapback]

GT wil go 7-4 or 8-3. They are not that good either.

178820[/snapback]

This is just stupid. We have 5 turnovers and still had a chance to win the ballgame against a BCS conference team with a very good defense. I looked at our schedule at the start of the season and thought 9-2 (losses to LSU and UGA most likely) was very doable. I still think that 8-3 is reasonable and if the ball bounces our way, we could knock off one of the two losses I penciled in.

Blake Field and Calvin Booker don't know the offense. If you want to go 4-7, put those guys in and see what a disaster looks like. Cox will be fine. He'll learn from this. He's not going to throw 4 INTs every game.

Damn, you Chicken Little types chap my hide.

178822[/snapback]

Maybe you didnt watch the game...If a wasp farts on the field when tre smith has possesion of the ball he will fall down, The Georgia Tech defenders were literally slapping him off the field, watch the replay. Bradon Cox's 4 INT;s, lets see 1 of those wasnt his fault and the other 3 he threw straight to the GA tech defenders, no pressure, and no wide recievers in sight, If you show me some medical evidence that B.C. is color blind then youm ight have an argument, and Blake Field, hmmmmmm lets see, i hope to God he knows some of the offense because if he doesnt we have a major problem, he is our guy if Cox gets hurt, and he takes snaps with the second team, Booker might not know the offense due to the fact that he doesnt get very many snaps, being realistic is different than being crazy, i need some of what you are taking

After watching the game on TV last night, I have a lot more confidence in the team than I did when I left the stadium Saturday night. The defense needs to make a couple of adjustments, but overall I think they played decent. The offense, in my opinion, got away from the gameplan early and started throwing the ball. Auburn is not going to win a whole lot of ballgames throwing 44 times.

Overall, Auburn turned the ball over 5 times...5 TIMES and still had a chance to win the ball game until the last possesion. Auburn will win out to LSU and have a lot of time to mature before going there. Auburn will be a different team before we play competition where we need our A game!!!

I still believe Auburn can make a run at the SEC!!!

But like WarTim, I am a "Glass half full" kind of person!!!

178587[/snapback]

You mentioned one major problem: No defensive adjustments. Now, go with WT and drink your half-glass of kool-aid.

Archived