Now look at the Season Realistically

passthebiscuits

From all the postgame articles I still have not seen where Tuberville has accepted some of the blame for the loss. He is the coach and should have made sure we were prepared better for GT. I know it's not all his fault I just think he needs to take some of the blame for play calling, putting so much pressure on Brandon in his first game and not having us as prepared and ready for the game. We came out flat and that was the reason for the loss.

178649[/snapback]

Very good insight!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tigrinum Major
After watching the game on TV last night, I have a lot more confidence in the team than I did when I left the stadium Saturday night. The defense needs to make a couple of adjustments, but overall I think they played decent. The offense, in my opinion, got away from the gameplan early and started throwing the ball. Auburn is not going to win a whole lot of ballgames throwing 44 times.

Overall, Auburn turned the ball over 5 times...5 TIMES and still had a chance to win the ball game until the last possesion. Auburn will win out to LSU and have a lot of time to mature before going there. Auburn will be a different team before we play competition where we need our A game!!!

I still believe Auburn can make a run at the SEC!!!

But like WarTim, I am a "Glass half full" kind of person!!!

178587[/snapback]

You mentioned one major problem: No defensive adjustments. Now, go with WT and drink your half-glass of kool-aid.

178831[/snapback]

Turnovers aren't a major problem? He mentioned those.

Getting away from the gameplan and throwing 44 times isn't an issue? He mentioned that.

Experience and maturity aren't areas of concern? He mentioned those.

7, you don't read and respond, you just respond. Get a clue before you start typing and you will get a lot more respect with me. Right now, you have none.

4-7 at best, and thats counting on the fact that we dont flop against MS ST, the whole team looked crappy, they need to bench tre smith and play someone else, and they need to switch in Blake Field and Clavin booker with Brandon Cox, thats what he did with Campbell(Cobb), If Tubberville doesnt do those two things then we will not win more than 4 games, realistically

178820[/snapback]

You showed such promise with some of your posts when you first joined and then you follow up with this?!?!?!?!?!?

4 games? Excuse, NO MORE than 4 games? We will win four games before we are tested again.

I am as disappointed with losing as anyone, but anyone who believes that 4-7 is the best we can hope for is one of two things: a fairweather fan I don't wish to associate with or someone who knows nothing about the game of football. I'll leave you with this: If Cox throws one less interception and leads Auburn to a 21-20 victory, are we having this discussion or are we all still looking at the hope of an undefeated season? Yeah, yeah, I know all you doom and gloomers will tell me otherwise, but I know the real answer.

I might be the enternal optismist, but geez, did any of you people watch the same game I did and see the same bright spots? I wish you would just bring back your Bama gear from the 70's and show your true colors...

178826[/snapback]

These "bright spots' you speak of, what are they? Did they appear after your post game beer?

4-7 at best, and thats counting on the fact that we dont flop against MS ST, the whole team looked crappy, they need to bench tre smith and play someone else, and they need to switch in Blake Field and Clavin booker with Brandon Cox, thats what he did with Campbell(Cobb), If Tubberville doesnt do those two things then we will not win more than 4 games, realistically

178820[/snapback]

You showed such promise with some of your posts when you first joined and then you follow up with this?!?!?!?!?!?

4 games? Excuse, NO MORE than 4 games? We will win four games before we are tested again.

I am as disappointed with losing as anyone, but anyone who believes that 4-7 is the best we can hope for is one of two things: a fairweather fan I don't wish to associate with or someone who knows nothing about the game of football. I'll leave you with this: If Cox throws one less interception and leads Auburn to a 21-20 victory, are we having this discussion or are we all still looking at the hope of an undefeated season? Yeah, yeah, I know all you doom and gloomers will tell me otherwise, but I know the real answer.

I might be the enternal optismist, but geez, did any of you people watch the same game I did and see the same bright spots? I wish you would just bring back your Bama gear from the 70's and show your true colors...

178826[/snapback]

These "bright spots' you speak of, what are they? Did they appear after your post game beer? Anyone with any common sense can see that we could possibly win only 6 games, at most, playing this way for the rest of the year. Anything else, RIGHT NOW, is unrealistic.

Guest Tigrinum Major

These "bright spots' you speak of, what are they? Did they appear after your post game beer?

178838[/snapback]

A QB that was beaten up most of the game that showed an ability to throw a long ball accurately. A QB that, along with a corps of great WRs, made some big plays that kept drives alive.

DBs that, after a slow start that I blame on coaching, made some big plays and big hits. Will Herring was everywhere.

Decent special team play, including a couple of KO return men that will break one in the next two weeks for a TD. Mark my words.

A defense that was repeatedly on the field and after making adjustments, played well.

A flash of Kenny Irons' potential. And a promise by him to work harder so that the coaches would have the faith in him to allow him to play more.

An unwillingness to give up by all players (something that some fans could learn a thing or two about.)

Maybe you didnt watch the game...If a wasp farts on the field when tre smith has possesion of the ball he will fall down, The Georgia Tech defenders were literally slapping him off the field, watch the replay. Bradon Cox's 4 INT;s, lets see 1 of those wasnt his fault and the other 3 he threw straight to the GA tech defenders, no pressure, and no wide recievers in sight, If you show me some medical evidence that B.C. is color blind then youm ight have an argument, and Blake Field, hmmmmmm lets see, i hope to God he knows some of the offense because if he doesnt we have a major problem, he is our guy if Cox gets hurt, and he takes snaps with the second team, Booker might not know the offense due to the fact that he doesnt get very many snaps, being realistic is different than being crazy, i need some of what you are taking

178830[/snapback]

I watched it from start to finish and I agree the running game needs help. And I know that 3 of the INTs were Cox's fault, but those were obviously mistakes of inexperience and trying to go for too much rather than checking down, not inability or color blindness. He was brilliant at times too, or did you miss those sections of the game?

It's just mind-boggling to look at this game, see 5 turnovers yet us still have a chance to win, and think that the only games we'll win are the Ball States and WKUs. I highly doubt Cox is going to throw 4 INTs every game. I think you know this but you're either a bammie posing as an Auburn fan to stir the pot or you're just not that knowledgable and think the sky is falling the minute adversity hits.

The coaches have said all through fall practice that Blake Field and Calvin Booker weren't even in Brandon's zip code in terms of understanding the offense and how to get us into the right plays. They never remotely threatened to push for the starting job. Furthermore, Borges said that there wasn't that much difference between Booker and Field in terms of who to slot #2 vs #3, but that Field had shown more accuracy. He also said it wasn't final...that Booker could practice his way back into the #2 slot before the year is over.

Get a grip, you loon. :rolleyes:

I figure we can win 7-8 games at this point and make a decent bowl game. The West Div title might be too much to ask for (I did say 'might be' for any corndogs reading this). As for all the Brandon Cox-haters, just remember: it was his first start. He'll get better. Even Daniel Cobb (*shiver*) had his moments.

You mentioned one major problem: No defensive adjustments. Now, go with WT and drink your half-glass of kool-aid.

178831[/snapback]

Actually, I'd say only giving up 2 FGs in the second half when both of the GT drives started inside the AU 30 after INTs would indicate that some pretty good adjustments were made on defense.

Maybe you didnt watch the game...If a wasp farts on the field when tre smith has possesion of the ball he will fall down, The Georgia Tech defenders were literally slapping him off the field, watch the replay. Bradon Cox's 4 INT;s, lets see 1 of those wasnt his fault and the other 3 he threw straight to the GA tech defenders, no pressure, and no wide recievers in sight, If you show me some medical evidence that B.C. is color blind then youm ight have an argument, and Blake Field, hmmmmmm lets see, i hope to God he knows some of the offense because if he doesnt we have a major problem, he is our guy if Cox gets hurt, and he takes snaps with the second team, Booker might not know the offense due to the fact that he doesnt get very many snaps, being realistic is different than being crazy, i need some of what you are taking

178830[/snapback]

I watched it from start to finish and I agree the running game needs help. And I know that 3 of the INTs were Cox's fault, but those were obviously mistakes of inexperience and trying to go for too much rather than checking down, not inability or color blindness. He was brilliant at times too, or did you miss those sections of the game?

It's just mind-boggling to look at this game, see 5 turnovers yet us still have a chance to win, and think that the only games we'll win are the Ball States and WKUs. I highly doubt Cox is going to throw 4 INTs every game. I think you know this but you're either a bammie posing as an Auburn fan to stir the pot or you're just not that knowledgable and think the sky is falling the minute adversity hits.

The coaches have said all through fall practice that Blake Field and Calvin Booker weren't even in Brandon's zip code in terms of understanding the offense and how to get us into the right plays. They never remotely threatened to push for the starting job. Furthermore, Borges said that there wasn't that much difference between Booker and Field in terms of who to slot #2 vs #3, but that Field had shown more accuracy. He also said it wasn't final...that Booker could practice his way back into the #2 slot before the year is over.

Get a grip, you loon. :rolleyes:

178844[/snapback]

I am the biggest Auburn fan you will ever meet, and very loyal, I love how when i express my opinon and it isnt "Auburn will win every game", Im labled a traitor.

Fact #1: If Auburns back up's are as "not in the same zip code" with cox, then we are knee deep in crap, Because there is a high probability that he could get hurt this season.

Fact#2: Let me add this up,If we were playing Georgia or LSU, and Cox threw 4 INT's then this would have been the score AU 14 LSU/GA 48 at least. Not counting the fact that both of these teams have a defense 10 times better than GA Tech.

178838[/snapback]

A QB that was beaten up most of the game that showed an ability to throw a long ball accurately. A QB that, along with a corps of great WRs, made some big plays that kept drives alive.

DBs that, after a slow start that I blame on coaching, made some big plays and big hits. Will Herring was everywhere.

Decent special team play, including a couple of KO return men that will break one in the next two weeks for a TD. Mark my words.

A defense that was repeatedly on the field and after making adjustments, played well.

A flash of Kenny Irons' potential. And a promise by him to work harder so that the coaches would have the faith in him to allow him to play more.

An unwillingness to give up by all players (something that some fans could learn a thing or two about.)

178842[/snapback]

Look at what you just wrote. Each and every one of those statement are "IF" statements. "IF" all of those things were better, then yes we would have won. BUT, they weren't, and they are only hindsight now. Please don't start using UAT talk to explain away, or give excuses for a loss.

I have not read every comment made, but was last year the anomaly? My concern with our coaching staff is that when things are good they get lazy and they do not work as hard. I do not have any first hand knowledge except for the fact that CTT's history at AU is that every year (except last year) we lose games we should not and we lose badly. See UA in 01, ARK in 00, USC 02 and 03, GT 03, 05. I am sure there are others in previous years but I do not think there was as much talent at AU those first years. Instead of talking about this being the most talented team he has ever had, he should of been doing a better job on the practice field. In fact if we are to believe that this is the most talented team, then the only explanation for Saturday night was coaching. The ablility to take that talent and make a team out of it. I am not saying that CTT is a bad coach. In fact he is a good coach. I think greatness comes over the course of many years success. This can still be a great year. I just believe that our head coach has to set the standard on how hard this team and coaching staff works.

I am the biggest Auburn fan you will ever meet, and very loyal, I love how when i express my opinon and it isnt "Auburn will win every game", Im labled a traitor.

No, that's an exaggeration. When you express your opinion and say we'll go 4-7, it makes you look like a bammie just here to make trouble. I didn't say we'd win every game either. I said that 8-3, with losses to LSU and UGA is not unreasonable. Pay attention and stop exaggerating.

Fact #1: If Auburns back up's are as "not in the same zip code" with cox, then we are knee deep in crap, Because there is a high probability that he could get hurt this season.

Well, that's the story when none of the QBs on roster played last season beyond some mop-up duty for Cox. Hopefully Field will pick up more of it as the season progresses, but Field is a RS Freshman and Booker is a sophomore (or RS Fr.) so it's not like they've had a ton of time to practice and learn the offense.

Fact#2: Let me add this up,If we were playing Georgia or LSU, and Cox threw 4 INT's then this would have been the score AU 14 LSU/GA 48 at least. Not counting the fact that both of these teams have a defense 10 times better than GA Tech.

178848[/snapback]

The problem that doesn't seem to be penetrating your skull right now is that you seem to assume Cox will throw 4 INTs every game. That would be 44 INTs for the regular season which is insane. Cox will not throw that many INTs each game. I feel that he showed enough promise during the other parts of the game to indicate he's definitely capable of much better and he'll demonstrate that over the next few games. Plus, the LSU game is the sixth and Georgia the tenth of the season so he'll have a lot more experience by that time. And finally, not every defense is going to be as complicated and blitz-happy as GT is. Sometimes it's not the specific talent, but the kind of defense that is run that matters and I think GT was blitzing so much, Cox started hurrying his decisions a little beyond what was necessary sometimes. You live and learn.

7, I didn't see any "ifs" in TMajors posts. Those were very legitimate points. Honestly, there were a lot of positives that came out of that game. Again, most said this would be a war and most, myself included, thought AU would come out on top if they played up to potential. They didn't play up to potential. Too many penalties and missed assignments on blitzes. Work those out and :au: will be tough to beat.

We only ran the ball 19 times and did a pretty good job when we did run. A lot of that was dictated by GT jumping out early. I'm going to reserve judgment on which way this team's heading until after the MSU game.

7, I didn't see any "ifs" in TMajors posts.  Those were very legitimate points.  Honestly, there were a lot of positives that came out of that game.  Again, most said this would be a war and most, myself included, thought AU would come out on top if they played up to potential.  They didn't play up to potential.  Too many penalties and missed assignments on blitzes.  Work those out and  :au:   will be tough to beat. 

We only ran the ball 19 times and did a pretty good job when we did run.  A lot of that was dictated by GT jumping out early.  I'm going to reserve judgment on which way this team's heading until after the MSU game.

178875[/snapback]

Now there is a novel idea. Wait until more than just ONE game to judge the season. :blink:

Esquire, you are a true genius.(Tonge planted firmly in cheek!) :D

We are AUBURN. We will survive and THRIVE. Count on it! :au::football::thumbsup:

No, that's an exaggeration. When you express your opinion and say we'll go 4-7, it makes you look like a bammie just here to make trouble. I didn't say we'd win every game either. I said that 8-3, with losses to LSU and UGA is not unreasonable. Pay attention and stop exaggerating.

Well, that's the story when none of the QBs on roster played last season beyond some mop-up duty for Cox. Hopefully Field will pick up more of it as the season progresses, but Field is a RS Freshman and Booker is a sophomore (or RS Fr.) so it's not like they've had a ton of time to practice and learn the offense.

178848[/snapback]

The problem that doesn't seem to be penetrating your skull right now is that you seem to assume Cox will throw 4 INTs every game. That would be 44 INTs for the regular season which is insane. Cox will not throw that many INTs each game. I feel that he showed enough promise during the other parts of the game to indicate he's definitely capable of much better and he'll demonstrate that over the next few games. Plus, the LSU game is the sixth and Georgia the tenth of the season so he'll have a lot more experience by that time. And finally, not every defense is going to be as complicated and blitz-happy as GT is. Sometimes it's not the specific talent, but the kind of defense that is run that matters and I think GT was blitzing so much, Cox started hurrying his decisions a little beyond what was necessary sometimes. You live and learn.

178870[/snapback]

Man, i dont have time to break this down for you , but let me explain something about Saturday. LOOK AT THE OFFENSIVE PLAY CALLING. Al had to stop his game plan and change it because COX could not make any long balls. There is no arguing that, After the first quarter all he threw were short routes, Why you ask, because the coaches realized if he threw for long yardage he would probably have had 8 interceptions. AND even when throwing short routes towards the outside he somehow managed to get the ball into the hands of the Gerogia Tech defenders. You can teach plays but the coaches cant give you talent(im not saying he isnt talented im saying he isnt a SEC championship type Quaterback). Oh and by the way, Im not a "bammie" trying to make trouble, you are just a FANatic that wont take two steps and look at the game from a different perspective. Reminds me of many Alabama fans i work with who believe that U of A will or should go to the National Championship game every season. Either way i hope you prove me wrong, but i dont see it.

Guest Tigrinum Major

178838[/snapback]

178842[/snapback]

Look at what you just wrote. Each and every one of those statement are "IF" statements. "IF" all of those things were better, then yes we would have won. BUT, they weren't, and they are only hindsight now. Please don't start using UAT talk to explain away, or give excuses for a loss.

178850[/snapback]

Your reading comprehensive must be low, 7. Those were not IF statements. Those were things that actually happened. Not things that I wish would have happened, those things OCCURED.

Here's an IF statement for you:

IF you would stop posting such idotic statements, people would not take you to be just that.

Guest Tigrinum Major
[Man, i dont have time to break this down for you , but let me explain something about Saturday. LOOK AT THE OFFENSIVE PLAY CALLING. Al had to stop his game plan and change it because COX could not make any long balls. There is no arguing that, After the first quarter all he threw were short routes, Why you ask, because the coaches realized if he threw for long yardage he would probably have had 8 interceptions. AND even when throwing short routes towards the outside he somehow managed to get the ball into the hands of the Gerogia Tech defenders. You can teach plays but the coaches cant give you talent(im not saying he isnt talented im saying he isnt a SEC championship type Quaterback).  Oh and by the way, Im not a "bammie" trying to make trouble, you are just a FANatic that wont take two steps and look at the game from a different perspective.  Reminds me of many Alabama fans i work with who believe that U of A will or should go to the National Championship game every season. Either way i hope you prove me wrong, but i dont see it.

178890[/snapback]

Not speaking for Titan, but I had to respond to this drivel.

Borges changed the gameplan because the team fell behind early and our running game was inconsistent. There were plenty of long balls that I saw on Saturday night that were thrown well.

So glad you can judge SEC championship talent after one game. Maybe we should get you a job as a recruiting coordinator. I think I have Coach Tuberville's number around here somewhere...

There is a more to the final analysis of a game than the final score. Another performance like Saturday night and we will be on the losing end of the score against a quality opponent again. But I don't see that happening 6 more times this season.

As far as you being a former Bama fan, I don't know if you are or are not. I do think you are football knowledgely challenged. Was that PC enough for you? In case your reading comprehension is as low as it appears, that means that by the junk you have posted here today, I equate you to a third grade cheerleader as far as your knowledge of what is happening on the field. "Touchdown - good. Lose - bad."

Get a grip.

Man, i dont have time to break this down for you , but let me explain something about Saturday. LOOK AT THE OFFENSIVE PLAY CALLING. Al had to stop his game plan and change it because COX could not make any long balls. There is no arguing that, After the first quarter all he threw were short routes, Why you ask, because the coaches realized if he threw for long yardage he would probably have had 8 interceptions.

Look, noob. I don't need you to break anything down for me because I'm perfectly capable of understanding things myself. Al didn't "stop calling long balls" because of anything. Cox didn't have an INTs until the 2nd half, so that doesn't make any sense. Al started calling short passes because Cox wasn't getting enough time to get deeper passes off with all the blitzing. When your QB looks rattled and starts 0-6, the normal thing to do is to start calling short, easier passes to get his confidence back. THAT is why Borges changed the plays.

AND even when throwing short routes towards the outside he somehow managed to get the ball into the hands of the Gerogia Tech defenders. You can teach plays but the coaches cant give you talent(im not saying he isnt talented im saying he isnt a SEC championship type Quaterback). 

Well, he managed to throw for over 340 yds and 2 TDs so he can't be that bad. I think he has the potential to be an SEC championship QB and for you to make wild assumptions after one game...his first...is just lunacy.

Oh and by the way, Im not a "bammie" trying to make trouble, you are just a FANatic that wont take two steps and look at the game from a different perspective.

No, I'm a realist who doesn't swing wildly to one side or the other. Saying we'll go 4-7 screams "potential bammie troublemaker" to me...that or Chicken Little.

Reminds me of many Alabama fans i work with who believe that U of A will or should go to the National Championship game every season. Either way i hope you prove me wrong, but i dont see it.

178890[/snapback]

I don't know how old you are, but I'm guessing not very. I've been watching AU football for an awful long time and know better than to expect National Championships every season. Once again, for your reading compreshension challenged brain: Before the season began, I predicted 9-2. I thought if we got a few breaks, 10-1. If it took longer for the new guys to gel and get clicking 7-4 or 8-3. I stand by that. Please don't make me repeat this again.

[Man, i dont have time to break this down for you , but let me explain something about Saturday. LOOK AT THE OFFENSIVE PLAY CALLING. Al had to stop his game plan and change it because COX could not make any long balls. There is no arguing that, After the first quarter all he threw were short routes, Why you ask, because the coaches realized if he threw for long yardage he would probably have had 8 interceptions. AND even when throwing short routes towards the outside he somehow managed to get the ball into the hands of the Gerogia Tech defenders. You can teach plays but the coaches cant give you talent(im not saying he isnt talented im saying he isnt a SEC championship type Quaterback).  Oh and by the way, Im not a "bammie" trying to make trouble, you are just a FANatic that wont take two steps and look at the game from a different perspective.  Reminds me of many Alabama fans i work with who believe that U of A will or should go to the National Championship game every season. Either way i hope you prove me wrong, but i dont see it.

178890[/snapback]

Not speaking for Titan, but I had to respond to this drivel.

Borges changed the gameplan because the team fell behind early and our running game was inconsistent. There were plenty of long balls that I saw on Saturday night that were thrown well.

So glad you can judge SEC championship talent after one game. Maybe we should get you a job as a recruiting coordinator. I think I have Coach Tuberville's number around here somewhere...

There is a more to the final analysis of a game than the final score. Another performance like Saturday night and we will be on the losing end of the score against a quality opponent again. But I don't see that happening 6 more times this season.

As far as you being a former Bama fan, I don't know if you are or are not. I do think you are football knowledgely challenged. Was that PC enough for you? In case your reading comprehension is as low as it appears, that means that by the junk you have posted here today, I equate you to a third grade cheerleader as far as your knowledge of what is happening on the field. "Touchdown - good. Lose - bad."

Get a grip.

178923[/snapback]

Wow, i love flaming, and I wondered why people were leaving the forums, Tigrinum, Im not gonna argue with you becuase it will probably just lead to more of your "insults", but i just want to let you know that I know a lot about Football, MY POINT BEING SEC Championship type Quaterback: D.J. Shockley 289 passing yards, 85 rushing yards and accounted for a school-record six touchdowns (five passing, one running) in a 48-13 defrocking of the Broncos. Brandon Cox: Passing Statistics

NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT

Brandon Cox 22 44 342 50.0 7.77 2 4

I believe Boise State is better than GA Tech. And dont try to Argue that D.J. has more experience because this was his first real start of his Career, and you cant claim age either cause Cox is 22 years old. My point is proven. "Intelligence Good, Reading Stats Good, Watching Games Good, Being Realistic Good, Flaming like a 12 year old in an AOL chatroom Bad."

Wow, i love flaming, and I wondered why people were leaving the forums,

Funny, we've got more active members right now that at any point in our history. But if people leaving means the chicken little crowd grows smaller, then I welcome it. Good riddance.

Tigrinum, Im not gonna argue with you becuase it will probably just lead to more of your "insults", but i just want to let you know that I know a lot about Football, MY POINT BEING SEC Championship type Quaterback: D.J. Shockley 289 passing yards, 85 rushing yards and accounted for a school-record six touchdowns (five passing, one running) in a 48-13 defrocking of the Broncos.  Brandon Cox: Passing Statistics

NAME          CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT

Brandon Cox 22    44 342  50.0    7.77    2    4       

I believe Boise State is better than GA Tech.  And dont try to Argue that D.J. has more experience because this was his first real start of his Career, and you cant claim age either cause Cox is 22 years old.  My point is proven. "Intelligence Good, Reading Stats Good, Watching Games Good, Being Realistic Good,  Flaming like a 12 year old in an AOL chatroom Bad."

178929[/snapback]

Boise may have a better offense than Tech, but they don't have anything close to Tech's defense. You haven't proven anything except that you're a pessimist who thinks he's got it all figured out after one game. Shockley has gotten significant playing time over the past three seasons in important games. He was brought in frequently to "shake things up" when Greene was ineffective or when Richt wanted to throw the defense off with a mobile QB. That's not the same as a 22 yr old playing in the first game of significance in his college career.

178831[/snapback]

Actually, I'd say only giving up 2 FGs in the second half when both of the GT drives started inside the AU 30 after INTs would indicate that some pretty good adjustments were made on defense.

178847[/snapback]

You would.

Wow, i love flaming, and I wondered why people were leaving the forums,

Funny, we've got more active members right now that at any point in our history. But if people leaving means the chicken little crowd grows smaller, then I welcome it. Good riddance.

Tigrinum, Im not gonna argue with you becuase it will probably just lead to more of your "insults", but i just want to let you know that I know a lot about Football, MY POINT BEING SEC Championship type Quaterback: D.J. Shockley 289 passing yards, 85 rushing yards and accounted for a school-record six touchdowns (five passing, one running) in a 48-13 defrocking of the Broncos.  Brandon Cox: Passing Statistics

NAME          CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT

Brandon Cox 22    44 342   50.0    7.77    2    4       

I believe Boise State is better than GA Tech.  And dont try to Argue that D.J. has more experience because this was his first real start of his Career, and you cant claim age either cause Cox is 22 years old.  My point is proven. "Intelligence Good, Reading Stats Good, Watching Games Good, Being Realistic Good,  Flaming like a 12 year old in an AOL chatroom Bad."

178929[/snapback]

Boise may have a better offense than Tech, but they don't have anything close to Tech's defense. You haven't proven anything except that you're a pessimist who thinks he's got it all figured out after one game. Shockley has gotten significant playing time over the past three seasons in important games. He was brought in frequently to "shake things up" when Greene was ineffective or when Richt wanted to throw the defense off with a mobile QB. That's not the same as a 22 yr old playing in the first game of significance in his college career.

178935[/snapback]

In That entire statement about Shockley you posted nothing that has any relevance, Two Quaterbacks, Both having Firsts starts as leaders of the team, compare the stats

I have not read every comment made, but was last year the anomaly? My concern with our coaching staff is that when things are good they get lazy and they do not work as hard. I do not have any first hand knowledge except for the fact that CTT's history at AU is that every year (except last year) we lose games we should not and we lose badly. See UA in 01, ARK in 00, USC 02 and 03, GT 03, 05. I am sure there are others in previous years but I do not think there was as much talent at AU those first years.  Instead of talking about this being the most talented team he has ever had, he should of been doing a better job on the practice field. In fact if we are to believe that this is the most talented team, then the only explanation for Saturday night was coaching. The ablility to take that talent and make a team out of it. I am not saying that CTT is a bad coach. In fact he is a good coach. I think greatness comes over the course of many years success. This can still be a great year. I just believe that our head coach has to set the standard on how hard this team and coaching staff works.

178864[/snapback]

A lot of truth here. Good job.

In That entire statement about Shockley you posted nothing that has any relevance, Two Quaterbacks, Both having Firsts starts as leaders of the team, compare the stats

178940[/snapback]

It's completely relevant. Shockley has big game experience. Cox did not. Shockley spelled David Greene (and I do believe started for him once or twice when he was injured) over the last 3 seasons on multiple occasions. Cox didn't even start practicing with the team until last year and got garbage time in four games.

Shockley's stats over the last three years:

2002: (Passing) 32-52, 415 yds, 5 TDs, 2 INTs (Rushing) 36 att for 107 yds, 2 TDs

2003: (Passing) 9-21, 88 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT (Rushing) 16 att for 101 yds, TD (he was injured part of this season)

2004: (Passing) 26-60, 464 yds, 4 TDs, 1 INT (Rushing) 24 att for 113 yds.

That is significantly more playing time than Cox has had. And it came against teams like Clemson, Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, Auburn, Georgia Tech and so on.

Your comparison doesn't hold water. No relevance my ass.

Archived