Auburn signs with Nike

https://auburntigers.com/news/2024/4/9/general-auburn-announces-10-year-deal-with-nike.aspx

Auburn announces 10-year deal with Nike

4/9/2024 8:50:00 AM

Story Line From Auburn Athletic Director John Cohen: 

"We are excited to enter this new partnership with Nike, a brand that consistently champions athletes and sport around the world. We are appreciative of their strong support throughout this process. We believe that our 10-year agreement, beginning in July 2025, will continue to elevate Auburn and best serve our student-athletes and our university moving forward."

"We are also grateful to Kevin Plank and Under Armour for their 18 years of valued partnership in growing the Auburn brand and serving our student athletes, coaches, and fans. We look forward to the opportunity to celebrate this relationship throughout the final year ahead."
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Tiger720 said:

This will be major in recruiting! 

I seriously doubt that.  It may help SOME but major is a bit of a stretch.   Let's wait and see. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tiger720 said:

This will be major in recruiting! 

No it won’t.   NIL has regulated that part to back.   No one is signing with Auburn because of Nike shoes 

3 hours ago, aubaseball said:

No it won’t.   NIL has regulated that part to back.   No one is signing with Auburn because of Nike shoes 

I assume you are right since I have no insight. It just makes me wonder what all the big deal is with a lot of people about switching to Nike

Edited by Son of A Tiger

Swooosh 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

I assume you are right since I have no insight. It just makes me wonder what all the big deal is with a lot of people about switching to Nike

Well I can assure you that if basically every Auburn writer/analyst has mentioned that it’ll be some boost to the basketball program, the basketball coach has been pushing for Nike and former players have been rejoicing about the switch…it definitely helps 

also anecdotally speaking, if you ever get a chance to walk around the campus at the same time as some of the players do, the ones that aren’t wearing the free gear are going to be wearing Nike or Adidas, usually Nike. At least for basketball and often football. 

Other than NIL having absolutely nothing to do with the brands (Nike, Adidas, etc) that host certain camps and tournaments seemingly steering some of their guys to their schools, you want to at least feel like you don’t have a disadvantage in these marketing opportunities with recruits. UA is a disadv, with most. May not be a loud one, may even be a net neutral with some. But if all other things are equal, and Alabama has some kid dressed in Kobe’s or LeBrons, and we have them dressed in shoes that, my bias aside, are simply not as popular, it’s not an advantage, at the very least 

If there’s anything I said here that could use more explaining, just let me know 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Well I can assure you that if basically every Auburn writer/analyst has mentioned that it’ll be some boost to the basketball program, the basketball coach has been pushing for Nike and former players have been rejoicing about the switch…it definitely helps 

also anecdotally speaking, if you ever get a chance to walk around the campus at the same time as some of the players do, the ones that aren’t wearing the free gear are going to be wearing Nike or Adidas, usually Nike. At least for basketball and often football. 

Other than NIL having absolutely nothing to do with the brands (Nike, Adidas, etc) that host certain camps and tournaments seemingly steering some of their guys to their schools, you want to at least feel like you don’t have a disadvantage in these marketing opportunities with recruits. UA is a disadv, with most. May not be a loud one, may even be a net neutral with some. But if all other things are equal, and Alabama has some kid dressed in Kobe’s or LeBrons, and we have them dressed in shoes that, my bias aside, are simply not as popular, it’s not an advantage, at the very least 

If there’s anything I said here that could use more explaining, just let me know 

Just this 

A Jordan Sneaker Being Revealed Underneath A Curtain Air Movie GIF - A Jordan Sneaker Being Revealed Underneath A Curtain Air Movie Air GIFs

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

Just this 

A Jordan Sneaker Being Revealed Underneath A Curtain Air Movie GIF - A Jordan Sneaker Being Revealed Underneath A Curtain Air Movie Air GIFs

Most iconic basketball shoe there’s been or ever will be. Now imagine how much branding and marketing you can do with orange and blue. I don’t think there’s an ugly piece of Florida or NY Knicks gear Nike/Jordan has ever put out (other than some of the Gators uniforms but we the fans wont have to worry about wearing those)

• Like 1