God needs a Glock?

My carry choice is a Smith & Wessom M&P, but to each his/her own. As far as elections go, all that's needed is required voter ID and in-person voting with the few historical absentee exceptions.

• Like 2

“The Prince of Peace is back…but he’s pissed off”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, AUDub said:

“The Prince of Peace is back…but he’s pissed off”

Well, at least we know it won’t be a flood this time….or some of us do.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

My carry choice is a Smith & Wessom M&P, but to each his/her own. As far as elections go, all that's needed is required voter ID and in-person voting with the few historical absentee exceptions.

Was Biden legitimately elected?

5 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Was Biden legitimately elected?

Who knows? A system that requites adequate voter ID would remove all doubt and end future controversy.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Who knows? A system that requites adequate voter ID would remove all doubt and end future controversy.

The only people who have "doubt" are MAGA cultists.  No system is going to change that.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Nah, even with that you'll still have all the people who claim the Voting machines are hacked, or the ballot counts are being manipulated behind the scenes to change the results. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Nah, even with that you'll still have all the people who claim the Voting machines are hacked, or the ballot counts are being manipulated behind the scenes to change the results. 

I don't remember the level of suspicion and distrust in earlier elections that we've had since the move to massive "no  ID" voting.

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I don't remember the level of suspicion and distrust in earlier elections that we've had since the move to massive "no  ID" voting.

It's because in past election we've never before had a President and his administration literally telling everyone they were cheated out of the election because of it. 

The level of distrust of elections wouldn't be as bad as it is now if Trump never declared it to be the reason he lost. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, CoffeeTiger said:

It's because in past election we've never before had a President and his administration literally telling everyone they were cheated out of the election because of it. 

The level of distrust of elections wouldn't be as bad as it is now if Trump never declared it to be the reason he lost. 

Disagree. There were people around here (Central Alabama) who went to bed thinking Trump won and woke up to the opposite. Lots of talk about stolen election long before Trump mentioned it. I didn't think Trump had won because I knew that there were major urban centers whose votes hadn't been counted. However, a lot of people felt and still feel that the election was stolen in the dead of night. Secure procedures for voter ID would correct that, along with bi-partisan watchers in the counting places.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Lots of talk about stolen election long before Trump mentioned it.

https://apnews.com/article/2bc10ed20dbf4041935b37bec9542c53

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2020/04/donald-trump-has-already-begun-accusing-the-dems-of-stealing-the-2020-election/

https://www.cnn.com/factsfirst/politics/factcheck_9eefa702-5c39-4e16-a46a-c064288b9878

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/513389-trump-claims-democrats-using-covid-to-steal-an-election/

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/24/trump-casts-doubt-2020-election-integrity-421280

https://www.axios.com/2020/11/01/trump-campaign-steal-election-jason-miller

Just a random sampling from a quick Google search.

That first article is from September of 2019. Who were all these people talking about it before then?

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Secure procedures for voter ID would correct that, along with bi-partisan watchers in the counting places.

There have been very few cases of voter fraud, and just as many, if not more, have been Republican as Democrat. This is a talking point. Nowhere near enough fraud is committed to change any outcomes. Wouldn't even have been enough to change something as close as Bush vs Gore in Florida.

As for poll watchers, did I miss something? They were all over the place in the 2020 election and the mid-terms. Why do you think they're not allowed?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Leftfield said:

As for poll watchers, did I miss something? They were all over the place in the 2020 election and the mid-terms. Why do you think they're not allowed?

Because Fox News had actual film of the watchers being forced to watch through a glass window, outside the room where the counting was done. What could they watch from there?

• Love 1

23 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Because Fox News had actual film of the watchers being forced to watch through a glass window, outside the room where the counting was done. What could they watch from there?

Where?

10 hours ago, Leftfield said:

Where?

Maybe Philadelphia. It's been a long time now and unlike some, I don't obsess over this stuff. The point is that the appointed watchers were not allowed to do any meaningful watching. IIRC there was more than one place where this happened. One place had to get a court order to allow the watchers to see anything meaningful. It's crap like that that causes suspicion.

• Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Maybe Philadelphia. It's been a long time now and unlike some, I don't obsess over this stuff. The point is that the appointed watchers were not allowed to do any meaningful watching. IIRC there was more than one place where this happened. One place had to get a court order to allow the watchers to see anything meaningful. It's crap like that that causes suspicion.

So you can't point to any specific examples, just a nebulous "it happened." This is the problem - the rumors get started and people who want to believe it do, no matter if it's true or not.

You're correct, there were a good number of complaints by Republicans. They were investigated and found to be garbage. One of the biggest uproars was in Michigan, where they claimed poll workers blocked windows so observers couldn't see anything. Turns out, there were already more than 400 observers (from both parties, as well as some bipartisan) in the room, and the limit was supposed to be something like 170 or so. So they closed the room and only let people out so they could eventually get to the correct number. Those stuck outside started taking pictures and video through the windows, which is prohibited due to voter information privacy. They wouldn't stop when told, so workers covered some, not all, of the windows. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leftfield said:

So you can't point to any specific examples, just a nebulous "it happened."

Absolutely correct. What kind of nerd memorizes something like that or makes a note of sources?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Mikey said:

Trump first foray into politics was the 2016 election. :-\

18 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

It's one of the most significant ways Trump has damaged the country.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Absolutely correct. What kind of nerd memorizes something like that or makes a note of sources?

There's this thing called the internet where you can pull up news articles that support your assertions. It's pretty nifty. That way you don't have to remember, and you're safe from being a (*shudder*) nerd.

If you aren't going to bother to have an honest debate, how can you expect anyone to take you seriously? Might as well just leave and keep your head in the sand, because you're not going to believe anything other than what you want, anyway.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

28 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

There's this thing called the internet where you can pull up news articles that support your assertions. It's pretty nifty. That way you don't have to remember, and you're safe from being a (*shudder*) nerd.

If you aren't going to bother to have an honest debate, how can you expect anyone to take you seriously? Might as well just leave and keep your head in the sand, because you're not going to believe anything other than what you want, anyway.

Between now and the election it’d be interesting to have someone keep a tally of when a pro Trump post uses a substation link, what % is from actual news sources (including Fox) and how many are from Twitter/X authored by… a guy (ie  “Patriot Bob”.). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Between now and the election it’d be interesting to have someone keep a tally of when a pro Trump post uses a substation link, what % is from actual news sources (including Fox) and how many are from Twitter/X authored by… a guy (ie  “Patriot Bob”.). 

That's what gets me here - I thought he'd at least post a link to a Fox News article about at least one instance of "fraud," but he couldn't even be bothered with that. Maybe Fox News has retracted them? No idea - I stopped checking in with them when the Dominion/Smartmatic info came out.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

That's what gets me here - I thought he'd at least post a link to a Fox News article about at least one instance of "fraud," but he couldn't even be bothered with that. Maybe Fox News has retracted them? No idea - I stopped checking in with them when the Dominion/Smartmatic info came out.

Actually imo Fox has become more reliable given the lawsuits - billions will do that. Which is why I’m doubtful you’ll see a lot of Fox or other media links going forward. It’ll be a world of nameless X posts or “I can’t remember the specifics”.

Btw this may a top 5 nuttiest thread title ever

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Mikey said:

And a facepalm, to boot! You're swell, Mikey.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952s2sa3ef2bmstj10q4y