Baseball v LSU Series

Just when you swear off, they drag you back in:

• Like 1

Surely we’ve set some record for getting 2 outs giving up a base runner (or 2) then a homer.  I commented a couple times earlier in the season then i stopped “tracking “ it and boom here again today a 6-1 lead becomes a 6-4 lead

My opinion: Butch has some big decisions coming up for his coaching staff. Both hitting and pitching. Lots of regression on the field in both areas. 

Danger-going to the bottom of the 9th with a lead:

Couple of things: (1) Parker Carlson -- so happy for this young man from the Mobile area.   Last year I had the good fortune to travel with the team to Fayetteville for our opening series.   Parker's dad and uncle drove through the night to be there that weekend.   So happy to see him having some success.   Such a wonderful family.  (2) our coach -- last night around 8pm I tried calling him and it went to VM.   30 minutes later he called me back and said he missed my call because they were on the bus headed back to the hotel.  I told him he is still the same coach that made undrafted out of high school Casey Mize the #1 pick, the same coach that took us to 2 CWS.   He was very appreciative and said he and the staff never saw this coming.   He said he was embarrassed for everyone who loves Auburn.   No excuses.   just straight up I owe every Auburn fan an apology.    And today we get a W.   I texted him and told him I'm going to call Wednesday night but don't answer.   Wait 30 minutes and call me back.   He responded "I am so going to do that."   Watch us sweep Bama!!!!

• Like 7

20 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

My opinion: Butch has some big decisions coming up for his coaching staff. Both hitting and pitching. Lots of regression on the field in both areas. 

As far as Gabe goes … he coached some record setting hitting recently and we had some positive surprises in early season base running plus we had some solid hitting early season..  He’s still the same guy.

Can’t really speak to the others except we seemed to have a well thought of staff heading into the season.

is it as simple as “one of those years”?  Just put in the garbage and work for next year?

Edited by mustache eagle

After we won game 3, I texted CBT and told him I am going to call you Wednesday night and don't answer.   Call me back in 30 minutes when you get to the hotel...   We have discovered the missing link, and we are going to sweep Bama.

On 4/28/2024 at 7:37 PM, LPTiger said:

Couple of things: (1) Parker Carlson -- so happy for this young man from the Mobile area.   Last year I had the good fortune to travel with the team to Fayetteville for our opening series.   Parker's dad and uncle drove through the night to be there that weekend.   So happy to see him having some success.   Such a wonderful family.  (2) our coach -- last night around 8pm I tried calling him and it went to VM.   30 minutes later he called me back and said he missed my call because they were on the bus headed back to the hotel.  I told him he is still the same coach that made undrafted out of high school Casey Mize the #1 pick, the same coach that took us to 2 CWS.   He was very appreciative and said he and the staff never saw this coming.   He said he was embarrassed for everyone who loves Auburn.   No excuses.   just straight up I owe every Auburn fan an apology.    And today we get a W.   I texted him and told him I'm going to call Wednesday night but don't answer.   Wait 30 minutes and call me back.   He responded "I am so going to do that."   Watch us sweep Bama!!!!

Carlson and Tilly have the best swing and miss stuff on this staff in my opinion. And Watts continues to get better. I hope they’re all in the starting rotation next season. 

• Like 1