Some of you just do not get it..............

truth.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

let me be clear here. i am not attacking religion so much as i am taking up for jesus. since some of you want to throw shade at me i want to be clear...........

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Fifty's Jesus brought to life:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i am taking up for jesus.

Sure you are. At least Brother Homer agrees

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Sure you are. At least Brother Homer agrees

Thought think Fifty and others go after Christians and religion in general a little… too heavy, I think the point was that some churches encourage a doctrine that just isn’t in alignment with Christ teachings. They cherry pick scripture.

I’ll leave it at this, again,  I encourage people to reread the sermon on the mount (Matthew) in its entirety. His doctrine  in his words.  Might make some … uncomfortable.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Thought think Fifty and others go after Christians and religion in general a little… too heavy, I think the point was that some churches encourage a doctrine that just isn’t in alignment with Christ teachings. They cherry pick scripture.

I’ll leave it at this, again,  I encourage people to reread the sermon on the mount (Matthew) in its entirety. His doctrine  in his words.  Might make some … uncomfortable.

You could have left out “religion”. Obviously “go after” the Christian church using a wide brush. 

Edited by SaltyTiger

On 5/6/2024 at 8:16 AM, aubiefifty said:

truth.jpg

This is my observation as well. 

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

As a Christian, what are you doing about it?

On 5/6/2024 at 8:16 AM, aubiefifty said:

truth.jpg

For the record, McLaughlin was raised in Christianity and served as a missionary in college. He was later introduced to drugs and alcohol and became agnostic. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

be careful they will accuse you of hating god and religion because you agree with the statement i posted

On 5/6/2024 at 1:56 PM, Cardin Drake said:

Fifty's Jesus brought to life:

you folks can make up me all you want as i dish it and i can take it. but i will never call trump the chosen one. you people miss th epoint as usual.; but thanx for playing you card!

11 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

For the record, McLaughlin was raised in Christianity and served as a missionary in college. He was later introduced to drugs and alcohol and became agnostic. 

did you see the part where he turned to drugs because the church let him down? and agnostic does not believe he does not believe it means he is questioning things.

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

did you see the part where he turned to drugs because the church let him down? and agnostic does not believe he does not believe it means he is questioning things.

I'm not particularly interested in his excuses fidy. 

13 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i dish it and i can take it

No you can’t.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

So in Feb 2024 62% of the American people had an unfavorable view of Biden but "Christians" are the problem? 

I get it now.    

Edited by JMWATS

11 minutes ago, JMWATS said:

So in Feb 2024 62% of the American people had an unfavorable view of Biden but "Christians" are the problem? 

I get it now.    

I'm curious.  Who - in your opinion - is more Christian, Biden or Trump?

7 minutes ago, homersapien said:

My opinion on their "Christianity" really doesn't matter.  That is for God to judge.

If you were to ask me who I thought overall was a "nicer" person, I would state Biden. 

I only know what little I can see from my limited vantage point. 

Biden seems to have some sort of crusty personality undercurrent that you sometimes catch a glimpse of like when he was hot mic and stated, 'You don't "F" with the Bidens" to a constituent.   At this point I see Biden being a slave of the very liberal left and I don't like the policies they are pushing. 

Trump is a germaphobe, he is pompous, he is patronizing (in particular with respect to his outreach to Christian conservatives), and he is mean and hateful to a lot of people who are probably just doing the best they can. 

Both stretch the truth and tell lies.  

I'm not voting for a Presidential candidate based on whether one candidate is what I believe overall to be a nicer person than the other candidate.      

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JMWATS said:

Biden seems to have some sort of crusty personality undercurrent that you sometimes catch a glimpse of like when he was hot mic and stated, 'You don't "F" with the Bidens" to a constituent.   At this point I see Biden being a slave of the very liberal left and I don't like the policies they are pushing. 

Biden is a manipulative liar void of any real respect.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

As a Christian, what are you doing about it?

I teach/lead two classes locally that concentrate on taking the religion out of “Christianity.”  Jesus ate with the sinners and cured them too. He was about helping all, not just the righteous. I think we in America have totally lost that as an idea. We focus more on the politics and pop culture than on Christ. 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

be careful they will accuse you of hating god and religion because you agree with the statement i posted

I can handle it. As long as we have each other, that’s all I really need…

• Love 1

1 minute ago, DKW 86 said:

I teach/lead two classes locally that concentrate on taking the religion out of “Christianity.”  Jesus ate with the sinners and cured them too. He was about helping all, not just the righteous. I think we in America have totally lost the

at as an idea. We focus on the politics and pop culture than on Christ. 

I applaud your efforts.  I am curious about the statement *ate with the sinners and cured them too*.  Cured them of their sins? Or ailments they had or both?

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

I honestly want to hear him do the tap dance on this. trump may say a thing here or there but Biden has walked and talked the walk almost all his life. trump DOING anything that won’t offend a godly person is a real stretch. He has mocked his marriage vows, business ethics, lied openly and repeatedly on the campaign trail. I can’t find hardly anything he does that would endear him to a Christian person. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

I honestly want to hear him do the tap dance on this. trump may say a thing here or there but Biden has walked and talked the walk almost all his life. trump DOING anything that won’t offend a godly person is a real stretch. He has mocked his marriage vows, business ethics, lied openly and repeatedly on the campaign trail. I can’t find hardly anything he does that would endear him to a Christian person. 

You don't get it DKW.

Maybe this will help...

TrumpYardSign.jpg

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JMWATS said:

I'm not voting for a Presidential candidate based on whether one candidate is what I believe overall to be a nicer person than the other candidate.      

Who is?

Certainly not the never-Trump Republicans that served in his first cabinet.

They think he's 1) incompetent and 2) a danger to democracy.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1