Are evangelicals the least Christian among us?

46 minutes ago, creed said:

I believe the US is gearing up to increase manufacturing of products that have been produced in China. This will require the need for employees in that sector. The timing may be off for these immagrant workers, but the eventual need is on point. These employees will pay taxes and buy goods. This along with increased taxes and reduce federal spending will help drive down our deficit.

What is your plan?

My plan; I would deport them starting with the 54% not working first.  They will be easy to deport as they are living in sanctuary cities waiting for their next meal.  That will take some time.  The ones that are workingI would give them a little time until our population and legal immigration can replace the work they are doing.

Of course, there is no way we are going to actually deport all the illegals, but we can at least try.

As for all those jobs we are going to take away from China, haven’t we been waiting on those for a while?  What is the hold up?  I think we can adjust on the fly.

14 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

My plan; I would deport them starting with the 54% not working first.  They will be easy to deport as they are living in sanctuary cities waiting for their next meal.  That will take some time.  The ones that are workingI would give them a little time until our population and legal immigration can replace the work they are doing.

Of course, there is no way we are going to actually deport all the illegals, but we can at least try.

As for all those jobs we are going to take away from China, haven’t we been waiting on those for a while?  What is the hold up?  I think we can adjust on the fly.

Good luck finding all these legal Americans who are willing to pick crops or work construction in 90 degree heat for the same wages that McDonalds pays. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Good luck finding all these legal Americans who are willing to pick crops or work construction in 90 degree heat for the same wages that McDonalds pays. 

105F where I live.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

They will be easy to deport as they are living in sanctuary cities waiting for their next meal.

I’m guessing quite a few are the guys I see working 12-14 hour days in construction in 105F degree weather. What do you think, @SaltyTiger?

13 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Works perfectly with the climate zealots that want to decrease the farming because they create too much CO2, or because we go to net zero the crops wont grow.  :poke:

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

105F where I live.

Move, you know AOC says that’s why we have all the migration on earth anyway.

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

I’m guessing quite a few are the guys I see working 12-14 hour days in construction in 105F degree weather. What do you think, @SaltyTiger?

Only 46% are working, if they are working good for them.  The one that aren’t are the ones that will be deported first.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

Move, you know AOC says that’s why we have all the migration on earth anyway.

Don’t mess with Texas.

But seriously— you repeatedly demonstrate that you’re not serious person. You can’t even grasp real problems and have no desire to solve them. You just react. You’re incapable of crafting a workable solution to a complex problem. You just have “positions.”

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Only 46% are working, if they are working good for them.  The one that aren’t are the ones that will be deported first.

If that number is correct, that’s a ton of productivity leaving the economy. 

49 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Don’t mess with Texas.

But seriously— you repeatedly demonstrate that you’re not serious person. You can’t even grasp real problems and have no desire to solve them. You just react. You’re incapable of crafting a workable solution to a complex problem. You just have “positions.”

And how many real problems have you solved? 

Here is a person that is seriously solving a real problem.  Why can’t we have more people in politics like him:

We need more Dems.

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

A real boost for the construction industry speaking from hands on experience. I was and continue to be amazed at the efficiency and ease they work. Could take four of them and do non struggle what 12 of ours would grumble, gripe, and stumble around doing. Proud to say we always paid them very well.

Sure it sounds weird but was watching a crew of Hispanics forming and pouring concrete a few weeks ago. So efficient and quiet it almost looked sexy.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

A real boost for the construction industry speaking from hands on experience. I was and continue to be amazed at the efficiency and ease they work. Could take four of them and do non struggle what 12 of ours would grumble, gripe, and stumble around doing. Proud to say we always paid them very well.

Sure it sounds weird but was watching a crew of Hispanics forming and pouring concrete a few weeks ago. So efficient and quiet it almost looked sexy.

1) I am ALL for locking down the border tomorrow - the current handling of the border is simply train wreck unacceptable 2) that being said, if there’s any silver lining - I agree, the work ethic (and price) that Hispanics display on every construction that they work on is very impressive. Atlanta has a housing boom going on and without Hispanic labor there’d be a total collapse and/or price explosion in the industry by lunch tomorrow.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

1) I am ALL for locking down the border tomorrow - the current handling of the border is simply train wreck unacceptable 2) that being said, if there’s any silver lining - I agree, the work ethic (and price) that Hispanics display on every construction that they work on is very impressive. Atlanta has a housing boom going on and without Hispanic labor there’d be a total collapse and/or price explosion in the industry by lunch tomorrow.

My career was more commercial, institutional, and industrial construction.  Without Hispanic labor the industry would be in a “pickle”. Younger Americans or a least few have any interest in it. Different world now but when I was younger a summer construction job meant being set for a while.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

If that number is correct, that’s a ton of productivity leaving the economy. 

What productivity is leaving? I am talking about the 54% that are unemployed.  Those are a drain on our economy.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

And how many real problems have you solved? 

Quite a few. Y’all should let me loose on these big ones.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

What productivity is leaving? I am talking about the 54% that are unemployed.  Those are a drain on our economy.

You kick out half of several million workers, largely in jobs that are hard to fill, that’s a ton. Current asylum laws inhibit those immigrants from working. Trump stopped legislation that would have addressed that. You let him off the hook. As always.

I wonder how many children and their stay at home mothers make up that 54%. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You kick out half of several million workers, largely in jobs that are hard to fill, that’s a ton. Current asylum laws inhibit those immigrants from working. Trump stopped legislation that would have addressed that. You let him off the hook. As always.

Current unemployment rate is 3.9% or 6.5 million people and that is the lowest it has been for a while.  Are illegals going to fill all those jobs?

Biden created this problem; why is it Trumps fault?  Let Biden get out of it.

53 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

"

Some immigrants say they are looking for work, but most — including the elderly, children and caregivers — are out of the labor force, the report said.

“Immigration clearly adds workers to the country, but it just as clearly adds non-workers who need to be supported by the labor of others,” said report authors Steven A. Camarota and Karen Zeigler. “Those who simply see immigration as a source of labor need to understand it is also a source of school children, retirees and many other non-workers. How could it be otherwise; immigrants are people.”"

Above is from the article. 

----------------------------------------------------------------

@creed mentioned it a bit ago, but it appears that that 54% you keep quoting is including people who don't or can't traditionally work including underaged children, elderly, disabled, stay at home mothers, etc. 

That's a much different scenario than it being 54% of all the working age adult illegal immigrants just choosing not to work. 

24 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Current unemployment rate is 3.9% or 6.5 million people and that is the lowest it has been for a while.  Are illegals going to fill all those jobs?

Biden created this problem; why is it Trumps fault?  Let Biden get out of it.

As usual, you don’t track anything that’s not a talking point you’ve been given. Trump killed a bipartisan bill:

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/me/maine/news/2024/02/06/border-bill-work-permits-asylum-seekers

11 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

@creed mentioned it a bit ago, but it appears that that 54% you keep quoting is including people who don't or can't traditionally work including underaged children, elderly, disabled, stay at home mothers, etc. 

That's a much different scenario than it being 54% of all the working age adult illegal immigrants just choosing not to work. 

So, why did they come again?  To benefit our economy by contributing?  Most of those 54% that do not work will be a drain on our economy.  Can we afford that?

11 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

As usual, you don’t track anything that’s not a talking point you’ve been given. Trump killed a bipartisan bill:

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/me/maine/news/2024/02/06/border-bill-work-permits-asylum-seekers

Oh, not the bipartisan bill again.  We went over that, it was a lousy bill.  The House, over a year ago, passed a bill that was much better and Schumer refused to even discuss it.

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Oh, not the bipartisan bill again.  We went over that, it was a lousy bill.  The House, over a year ago, passed a bill that was much better and Schumer refused to even discuss it.

It was a bipartisan bill that was huge improvement. You’d rather bitch and blame. It’s what animates you.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

So, why did they come again?  To benefit our economy by contributing?  Most of those 54% that do not work will be a drain on our economy.  Can we afford that?

Are you suggesting anyone who can work but doesn't is a drain on the economy?

Edited by creed