Touchdown Auburn Bowl

Jenny AU-92

I have had six New Orleans refugees in my house for over a week now, including an infirm elderly couple and two young children. I am physically exhausted and now I have the flu, and missed work today. It may be next week before results are posted for this past weekend. I will try my best to get this week's slate of games posted for picking by tomorrow. Until then, please bear with me. Thanks.

J

Jenny, just make a note that I got them all right. That will save you time you can use on the other contestants' misses! *grin*

Hope you get to feeling better soon.

LE

God bless you for helping out!! I hope you get feeling better. If you need me to help out doing tallies or anything while you are out just let me know. More than happy to help.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Take care of yourself, Jenny and bless you for taking in some folks.

The TD Auburn Bowl is a minor detail in the bigger picture.

While we all love having the Touchdown Auburn Bowl, take care of yourself and your a saint for opening your home to those in need.

You guys, thanks for all the well wishes. I am just tired and exhausted and let my defenses down and this stupid sinus infection caught up with me. But I feel better today - back at work, anyway.

I am not a saint - I did not open my house to random strangers. People that do that ARE saints. These people are longtime friends of my husband, and I know they would do the same for us in a heartbeat. That's just what Southern people do.

Well, okay, on second thought, maybe I AM a saint, since this is my husband's best friend from LSU, his wife, two little girls and his parents, ALL of whom are MAJOR corndogs. :big: Rich is even dressing his two little girls in LSU gear and parading them around my house. Carl is loving it.

The good news is that Rich and Brenda's house was not damaged very badly at all, just some minor roof repairs, and once the power is back on, they can go home. His parent's house is in worse shape, and they will probably be living with Rich and Brenda for a while. But they and all their family and pets (!) are safe and well, and that is all that is important.

My husband's mom is in worse shape - her house got some flooding, just enough to damage all her floors and the bottoms of the walls, so everything got soaked and the house REEKS of sewage and goodness knows what. She will be staying in Houston for several months - but again, she got all of her irreplaceable things out of the house, and she is safe. Enough said. In light of all the other stuff happening, she came out lucky.

Again, I appreciate the support and the love from you guys. I think I will be like the BCS - first results in three weeks! :lol:

Love,

Jenny

PS - Has anyone heard from SLinky???

Good to hear that things are a bit more "settled" for you Jenny. Slinky is BACK and okay!

Hang in there, Oh Goddess of Auburn Football! :au:

Archived