Pay for play @ UGA & UT?

DKW 86

Link

MONEY FLOWS IN TENNESSEE, GEORGIA

We're hearing troubling rumors from Knoxville and Athens of a guy giving money to Tennessee and Georgia players on behalf of an NFL agent.

Though we won't name names on this issue because, you know, we don't want to get sued, the dude handing out the dough is the relative of a current NFL player who is represented by the agent in question.

So wake up, NCAA, and get to work on stopping the flow of cash into the pockets of these players.

Of course, it's likely wishful thinking for us to believe that either the NCAA or the NFLPA will do anything to restrict such activities, since things like this have gone on for years without effective oversight or prevention efforts.

Link

We're hearing troubling rumors from Knoxville and Athens of a guy giving money to Tennessee and Georgia players on behalf of an NFL agent.

Though we won't name names on this issue because, you know, we don't want to get sued, the dude handing out the dough is the relative of a current NFL player who is represented by the agent in question.

So wake up, NCAA, and get to work on stopping the flow of cash into the pockets of these players.

Of course, it's likely wishful thinking for us to believe that either the NCAA or the NFLPA will do anything to restrict such activities, since things like this have gone on for years without effective oversight or prevention efforts.

182893[/snapback]

IS THERE A REFEREE IN THE HOUSE? :roflol:

How does this post square with RULE 5? :poke:

Is this a "substantiated rumor" with a link as opposed to an "unsubstantiated rumor" without a link???? :moon:

Link

182893[/snapback]

Is this a "substantiated rumor" with a link as opposed to an "unsubstantiated rumor" without a link???? :moon:

182903[/snapback]

It is with a link, and that was the point. Is this credible? Well......I would like it more if it was on ESPN, Fox Sports, etc.

When that site actually hits its first actually correct rumor...I will then take them seriously.

Until then, they have gone months and yet to actually get one rumor correct. IMO, they make up things just to "say them" and get people to link to their site saying, "Oh my god...did you hear what this site is saying???"

I hadn't heard much from that site until recently when ProFootballTalk had an "inside" article about their sources hearing that all Saints game were going to be played in SA. Next day, was announced 4 were at LSU. :roflol:

I sincerely hope it's just that...rumor, and is never heard again. I'm so sick of scandals in college football I wanna' :puke:

Just play the game. I don't want to hear about another SEC school with the NCAA on their door step.

Well, this is hard evidence

We're screwed

Link

182893[/snapback]

182903[/snapback]

Yes.... :blink:

:au::homer:

Good grief, people, the name of the web page for the link is ....profootballtalk.com/rumormill, for goodness sake! . [so at least they are honest enough to list it as a "rumor".] I think a "substantiating link" should mean that a recognized mainstream news source-i.e., ESPN, Sports Illustrated, CBS*, Fox*, The Birmingham News, etc.-reports it. ...and as actual news, not rumors! JMHO

Heck, I think I may open my own website, "quietnews.com", so I can start quoting my page as a "link/source" for whatever fantasy I choose to post here. ;)

[*depending on your political preference :D )

Archived