When Will We Know...

BanditQb

Long time reader, first time poster.

Just was wondering when we will know how good a team we have this year? I was impressed with Cox (fellow HT alum!) the first game. Now I need to know about the running game. After MSU, I thought we looked good. Yes, MSU is near bottom of SEC, but not as bad as last year and may still surprise. Two cupcakes later, I still can't put a finger on this team yet. Talent is there definately, but are they a team yet? I don't think I will even know after the next two games. Maybe if they are blowouts, but I do not expect that. Tommy and Al usually pull their back on the throttle at about half-time even with only a two score lead. I guess I will be waiting for LSU to let us know where we stand.

On the other side, since I as an Auburn fan am obsessed with Bama, when will we know about that team? I will definately say they are at least third best in the west, maybe more but we just aren't fortune tellers. Mr. Herbie from the gameday crew thinks "they could be the team to beat in the SEC". Yes SEC, not just the west. My apinion on the ESPN "experts" can wait for another day. I am not sold on Florida yet so we may not know for a few games for them either.

Sorry for a lenghty first post. Oh well.

What do you think

Like you, I am waiting for this Auburn team to show its personality. It always seems to take some pull-through in the clutch to jell a bunch of guys into a cohesive unit. There have been so many substitutions (overall a good thing) and a number of pesky injuries that seem to have delayed an outward feeling of oneness.

Of course, it's hard for the uninformed fan to know what really goes on in practices, team meetings, off-the-field banter and such. These guys may have a close-knit unity, but they appear to be a loose collection of good players who have yet to come together.

I can't answer your question. If we lose to The Gamecocks, we'll know a lot--of the wrong stuff. If we win--and I think we will--we won't know a heck of a lot more than we do now, UNLESS it's a massacre. I could use a massacre.

Otherwise, we'll have to wait 3 weeks to go to Red Stick unless, again, we lose to Arkansas or really run it up on the Hogs.

I hope we show signs of cohesiveness/family/chemistry/whatever-term-you-use long before LSU. We'll sure as hell know something after that game.

LSU will be the measuring stick, but then again, they've been that way no matter how we've looked in recent years. We're usually favored in most games during a given season up until the LSU game. I think that if we handle SC and Arky and look pretty good doing it, you can bank on the fact we've got a good team. Whether we can handle them down there...who knows.

But, we're not supposed to, right? I mean, we're barely a top 25 team and LSU is top 5....right? <_<

The next three games should tell us and others what kind of team Auburn has. South Carolina is a team the Tigers rarely play and throw in Darth Visor and it should be a good game. Road games at Arky and LSU, two places that Tubby has seen betters days. The Hawgs are reeling and I don't see them getting in better in the future, but Nutt has had Tubbs number and Fayetteville is a tough place for him to get a win. The SEC West race will be partially decided come October 22nd, LSU and AU play in a big match up of the last two SEC champions. Auburn hasn't won in Tiger Stadium since 99, and the orange and blue tigers will be underdogs so therefore Auburn has LSU right where they want them.

Archived