UAT hype

AWK

I was watchin Jim Rome and he praised the Ua and their football team and labled them the SEC team to beat, but then, he went on the attack on Shula and his judgement for leaving Prothro in. He didnt hold back, and it wasnt pretty. Anywho, I have been listening to Finebaum and you would think there is only one college team in the state of Alabama. I just want to remind Bammer fans of this, everytime Auburn is counted down and out is when they shine the brightest. Alabama has a great football team, but they cant live on the Florida and not look forward. When we beat LSU last year did we run around exclaiming how we had become the best team in the nation and etc. No :rolleyes:

how many points did bammer beat :usc: by.............23

and before you bammers tell me that you can't compare games, wasn't the South Carolina the breakout game for bammer? is there not a huge difference between 41 and 23?

one other question/comment......based on common opponents, does it not appear that :uga: and :ua: are the most overrated teams in the country

I'll make a prediction: if Auburn plays to the same level of execution in the Iron Bowl that it did last Saturday, the Iron Bowl will be a 3 to 4 Touchdown game in Auburn's favor no matter how bammer plays. I'll be the first to admit that there is no guarantee that last week's execution can be duplicated.

:)

:au: I think the auburn/bama game will be a close game I just hope that the sec west is on the line when we play them. Losing prothro will be a tough loss for them, but I still think they will come into auburn with no more than one loss at the worst. We looked impressive this past week but i am still not sold on how good we really are, after the LSU game i will have a better idea.

For the sake of Devil's advocacy:

South Carolina was starting a new, under-experienced QB Saturday...

The best two teams at the present, the best two defenses, and perhaps the best two QB's in the SEC are in this state...whether that'll still true when they play each other is another question.

I will say this: I think Bama has probably peaked. That doesn't necessarily mean they will go downhill, but I don't think they can get any better. (where they are now might also be good enough to take the conference).

I believe Auburn still has room to grow--a lot of our "stars" (Cox, McClover, Lester, etc,) are still pretty young/green. They should continue to improve with experience over the course of the season.

I believe losing Prothro is major, he seemed to be the heart and soul of the UA offense/ ST's. IF someone else picks up the slack they may continue winning. if not more of the same ole ,same ole.

how many points did bammer beat  :usc:   by.............23

and before you bammers tell me that you can't compare games,  wasn't the South Carolina the breakout game for bammer?  is there not a huge difference between 41 and 23? 

one other question/comment......based on common opponents, does it not appear that  :uga:   and  :ua:   are the most overrated teams in the country

I'll make a prediction:  if Auburn plays to the same level of execution in the Iron Bowl that it did last Saturday, the Iron Bowl will be a 3 to 4 Touchdown game in Auburn's favor no matter how bammer plays.  I'll be the first to admit that there is no guarantee that last week's execution can be duplicated.

:)

186074[/snapback]

Easy Killer...I think Auburn can win but UA has got a good team. Can they keep it going for a whole year? Who knows...but right now, I don't think anyone would beat Bama by 4 to 4 TD's.

I was just venting, but in all seriousness..........

:uf: 's defense is not good (and I don't care about where they are or were statistically prior to the bammer game - just look at their personnel) and Meyer's offense has produced 19 SEC points. :uf: 's best playmaker is out for the year with a broken leg

We all should have seen that game last Saturday coming, just none of us wanted to admit it because we hate bammer.

My point was that if :au: executes on both sides of the ball like last Saturday, we won't lose again. Whether the team does that remains to be seen. :)

186074[/snapback]

UGA only beat them by 2 points. So I guess you are 6-7 TD's better than UGA. :thumbsdown:

At least bg....At least. :lol::lol::lol:

"uat "logic", Coming to a radio talk show near you!" :moon:

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

186074[/snapback]

UGA only beat them by 2 points. So I guess you are 6-7 TD's better than UGA. :thumbsdown:

186130[/snapback]

one thing is for sure..........we are gonna find out and I for one can hardly wait for the two game set with :uga: and bammer

186090[/snapback]

New QUARTERBACK does not account for 48 points given up on DEFENSE. I heard ESPN talking about how we were going to have trouble with our passing, because South Carolina had a confusing pass rush.

[one thing is for sure..........we are gonna find out and I for one can hardly wait for the two game set with  :uga:   and bammer

186181[/snapback]

Or perhaps a three-game set: :uga: , :ua: , ..and then :uga: again in Atlanta! :big::big:

[Guess we'll know better after this Saturday: UGA vs UT]

186090[/snapback]

New QUARTERBACK does not account for 48 points given up on DEFENSE. I heard ESPN talking about how we were going to have trouble with our passing, because South Carolina had a confusing pass rush.

186267[/snapback]

A good point that I had not considered!

Of course, if their offense could have stayed on the field a little more, the defense might have been a little more rested (and only allowed 38 pts. :D )

Actually the loss of Blake Mitchell for this game and his replacement with an athletic, mobile QB scared the hell out of me! Mitchell is not at all mobile and his playing might have resulted in double digit sacks instead of the four that we did get. Mitchell's better passing might have resulted in better offensive numbers for SC, but it would have been a much more predictable offense.

I was really proud of the way our defense played their lanes and kept the QB in check. Imagine, if you will, what the defense that beat SC would have done to Ga Tech and Reggie Ball. We would be undefeated, for sure.

Archived