Still Full of Shane...

DKW 86

The Future’s so Bright I’ve Got to Wear Shades

By Shane from Center Point

Guest Commentator

October 7, 2005

One can only imagine the thoughts racing through Coach Urban Meyer’s mind when Brodie Croyle whistled that strike to Tyrone Prothro last Saturday afternoon. After witnessing Brodie’s deadly fastballs ripping the heart from his defense Urban made a surprising assessment of Mr. Croyle. He said, “that is an NFL quarterback.” Perhaps Urby was just shell shocked or maybe he was speaking the truth. With a reality check, Coach Meyer should understand that Croyle’s future is yet to be determined.

The Crimson Tide displayed several distinct advantages on the field Saturday and a few were clarified by Coach Meyer in his post game press conference. He first noted that Alabama’s team speed was best he has seen and Bama was much better prepared for the contest. Coach Shula took Urby to school and unleashed his superior talent in a pressure packed atmosphere.

Saturday’s performance serves as an excellent indicator that Alabama should beat any team remaining on the schedule. Simply stated, when Bama executes well they are dominant. However, two tough contest on the horizon will test the Tide thoroughly. Alabama’s greatest rival, Tennessee, will be the strongest team they face this season.  :rolleyes: The Vols possess one of the best defenses in the nation. Conversely, the quarterback position is Tennessee’s Achilles heel. Rick Clausen can throw the short sideline routes, but he is ineffective on the mid-range and deep passes. Eric Ainge is lacking in his mental game. He is error prone and his accuracy is nil. The fourth Saturday in October could be a long day for the Vols offense. Tennessee’s defense could suffer the same fate as any unit that tries to load the box to stop the run and place their corners on an island. Brodie and the Tide receivers are a well oiled machine. The wideouts spot the hot read, notify Croyle, and he delivers the strike. The player selected depends on the match up. Brodie can set a defense back on it’s heels in a heartbeat. This action allows the offensive line to gain a push in the running game. To date, this mixture creates a perfectly balanced attack. Tennessee or Auburn may be able to slow this system down, but they can’t stop it. Florida was blown away, hammered by the University of Alabama. Either team, the Tigers or the Vols, could endure the same fate in the near future. Why do we even play the games... :big:

Bama has valid reasons to look forward to playing the top three teams remaining on the schedule, Each has an average quarterback with slow feet and weak defensive cornerbacks. Alabama is like a pro team in the style football they play. The formula is simple-the defense goes after the quarterback and the offense sets the opponent up for the big play. Once ahead Bama uses ball control to consume the clock. This system applies directly to the Tide players’ future in the NFL. It is the exact same game plan most Pro teams use to win

Bryant-Denny rocked when Florida came to town. BDS Never Rocks, they are the place with the cemetery just past the endzone....The stadium may explode when the Great Pumpkin arrives on the field. The crowd will make it impossible for the Vols to settle down and get into a rhythm. Jordan-Hare-Dye stadium will sound like a funeral by the third quarter. The Crimson Tide will roll straight through the cow pasture and on to Atlanta to represent the SEC West. Then, as the SEC Champion, they will finish strong against an NCAA chosen opponent.

P.S. Every result of this forecast depends on the availability of Brodie Croyle. He is the catalyst for Alabama’s success. As Coach Stallings always said, “ain’t no question bout that.”

Shane’s weekly picks

**Shane went 4-1 straight up and 2-3 against the spread in week #5**

**So far, Shane is 30-9 straight up for the year, 19-18 against the spread**

la Monroe@ARK--ARK 42-10

Nutt has his back against the wall. This is a tune up game to harden his troops for the upset of Auburn in Fayetteville.

Miss st@FLA--FLA 42-14

If Sly Croom is going to step up, it’s time to step in. I know about last years upset, but the Gators are going to be jacked up for revenge. Bet they will be awake and mad by now.

Georgia@TENN--GEORGIA 28-17

Like Bama last year, Tenn’s q-backs make them an average football team. THE BULLDOG’s are slow starters. Georgia has better skill players.

Kentucky@SCAR-- SCAR 24-17

This game defines the term-battle of losers. Coach Mediocre must get a win in his house. Kentucki is the perfect victim.

lsu@VANDY--LSU 31-21

Vandy may give LSU all they can handle. Cutler is for real. LSU coach needs to realize that Vandy ain’t no patsy. Talent should provide a narrow victory for the Tigers.

The citadel@OLE MISS—OLE MISS 21-10

Finally, a team that Ole Miss can beat. Eddie needs to enjoy this win because he’s got one coming next week.

Poor shane. He can't help it. He is a uat idiot. Just pour him yet another glass of koolaid! :lol::lol::lol:

Alabama is like a pro team in the style football they play. The formula is simple-the defense goes after the quarterback and the offense sets the opponent up for the big play. Once ahead Bama uses ball control to consume the clock. This system applies directly to the Tide players’ future in the NFL. It is the exact same game plan most Pro teams use to win.

Wow, Shula is a coaching genious. They should give him a bonus for finally beating a Top 10 team.

Alabama is like a pro team in the style football they play.

And the way they pay their players. :big:

PS - This is the same Shanehead that said Shaud Williams was a better running back than Carnell Williams or Ronnie Brown. :lol:

[/b] Why do we even play the games... :big:

Yeah, they should probably just forfeit :big:

remember he is a Finebaum pawn and is told in the pre show meetings to write

columns that will get people riled. Action causes reaction. Marketing in action.

i love that he picks games straight up. honestly, i didn't think anyone ever did that. picking without a spread is like trying to do multiplication tables... really easy unless someone throws out a crazy 13x9 which can make you stumble for a second. seriously, there's like ONE game every week that is even close to a toss up barring a major, major upset. so you flip a coin every week and at worst you're sitting 5-1. unreal. what an idiot

i love that he picks games straight up. honestly, i didn't think anyone ever did that. picking without a spread is like trying to do multiplication tables... really easy unless someone throws out a crazy 13x9 which can make you stumble for a second. seriously, there's like ONE game every week that is even close to a toss up barring a major, major upset. so you flip a coin every week and at worst you're sitting 5-1. unreal. what an idiot

187225[/snapback]

That's what i was thinking. He only picks the SEC games. 80% of them are a sure thing. :rolleyes:

Also, I noticed he finally didn't pick Auburn to lose and Alabama to win. :roflol:

Actually, I think he's slipping a bit:

The Future’s so Bright I’ve Got to Wear Shades

By Shane from Center Point

Then, as the SEC Champion, they will finish strong against an NCAA chosen opponent.

What? :huh: :huh:

But Shane, my boy, I thought the Rose Bowl was your divine right! How modest of you to only say "an NCAA chosen opponent".

[Let's not disillusion him with details like the fact that the NCAA doesn't choose any post-season teams. ;) ]

Archived