Obomanu a recognized off the field

WarDlowe

Link

It's always great to see folks who represent us well on and off the field. I remember a Saturday 2 years ago where this same kid dropped a pass that cost us the game, but remember him not avoiding reporters and handling that and every other situation I've seen him in with class. Way to go Ben.

I've said it many times before and will continue to say it, I will take players like this in a program run the way ours is any day over a 13-0 season. These are the things that really matter in the long run.

Link

It's always great to see folks who represent us well on and off the field.  I remember a Saturday 2 years ago where this same kid dropped a pass that cost us the game, but remember him not avoiding reporters and handling that and every other situation I've seen him in with class.  Way to go Ben. 

I've said it many times before and will continue to say it, I will take players like this in a program run the way ours is any day over a 13-0 season.  These are the things that really matter in the long run.

188529[/snapback]

hit the nail on the head :cheer::au:

Don't you feel sorry for schools who only see their players' names in the paper in the section entitled "Police Blotter"???

War Damn Eagle. Best Kids Anywhere.

Ben is a class individual, a great student and a great football player. All of the Auburn Nation should be proud of him.

I would also say that Ben stepped up like a man after dropping the potential game winning TD pass in the end zone in the 2003 Ole Miss game. He has been a steady, solid go to type receiver since then. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

:au: Here's to Ben O!!! War Eagle, Bud!!! :au:

Classic quote from my dad about Ben...

It was 2003 against USC and Auburn had just used a time out before a crucial 3rd and long play. During the time out, the announcer was announing over the loud speakers at Jordan Hare about Ben winning "Scholarship Athlete of the Week" or something like that. He gave all of Ben's accomplishments including that he had something like a 3.8 GPA in his classes. After the time out, Campell threw about a 20 yard strike to Ben along the sideline, which would have reulted in a first down at about the USC 25 yard line...Ben dropped the ball...my dad turned to me and said..."I would have taken a 3.5 GPA and a reception on that play".

It doesn't sound near as funny now that I am typing but it was a good one liner at the time. I also do not want to erase now that I have wasted 5 minutes at work to type......

Oh yeah...Congrats BEN!!!!

Ben is an outstanding athlete, Georgia has a big man in Leonard Pope well Ben has accomplished way more and no dought in my mind when the time comes Pope won't be fellin like he's the biggest and baddest man in the SEC that can catch a ball

:au: -WAR EAGLE

Archived