Does anyone remember patric nix

war_eagle01

Gimme yalls input on one of my personal favorite Auburn qb's Patric nix

-War Eagle :au:

Gimme yalls input on one of my personal favorite Auburn qb's Patric nix

-War Eagle :au:

188983[/snapback]

I blame Patrick Nix for the GT loss, he shouldn't have done such a good job of preparing Ball.

Honestly I have always seen Nix as a smart Qb, with good leadership qualities, and a great person on and off the field. Would love to see him working for Auburn again as I think he is a good coach, a positive influence, and excellent represenative of Auburn.

Guest Tigrinum Major

If Borges ever leaves, I suspect that a call might be made to Atlanta to discuss the opening with Coach Nix.

My favorite play of Nix was when he was a junior backup to Stan White and White got hurt in the Bama Game. Patrick comes in, no warmup, 4th and 15 from the 35 and throws a fade to Sanders in the end zone...

"Oh, he caught it! Sanders caught it in the corner of the end zone. Touchdownnnnnnnnnnnnn, Auburn!"

I had that call on my answering machine for about six months.

The 94 Florida game is a great memory of how good Nix was at QB. Everyone thought UF would kill AU that year, but Nix, Sanders and the TEs absolutely demolished the UF defense. Good thing since UF's offense was really good.

Didn't he do some head coaching at a smaller school before going to Ga Tech and set like all kind of offensive records?

looked it up

Prior to his one season at Samford, Nix was the head coach at Henderson State University, an NCAA Division II school in Arkadelphia, Ark., for two years (1999-2000). Under Nix, the HSU offense set 18 school records, four Gulf South Conference records and three national records.

http://ramblinwreck.collegesports.com/spor..._patrick00.html

He is actually listed as the OC/QB coach for GT.

If Borges ever leaves, I suspect that a call might be made to Atlanta to discuss the opening with Coach Nix. 

My favorite play of Nix was when he was a junior backup to Stan White and White got hurt in the Bama Game.  Patrick comes in, no warmup, 4th and 15 from the 35 and throws a fade to Sanders in the end zone...

"Oh, he caught it!  Sanders caught it in the corner of the end zone.  Touchdownnnnnnnnnnnnn, Auburn!"

I had that call on my answering machine for about six months.

188995[/snapback]

"..Frank Sanders went up over Tommy Johnson or Antonio Langham, how he held it I don't know, but he dived into the endzone and Auburn's right back in the thick of it, with a backup quarterback, trailing 14 to 11. A 35-yard pass play, Patrick Nix to Frank Sand-urs!!"

Patrick Nix is a great Auburn man. He loves Auburn University. You don't find many guys anymore that really love their alma mater like Nix. Have any of you seen the Auburn legends video? My mom and dad said they watched him @ the Ga. Tech game and he was applauding as Auburn took the field.

On the subject of favorite qbs. One of my favorites is Randy Campbell. He's the first qb I really followed for Auburn. He wasn't the fastest guy or possess the greatest arm. He was just a pure winner that gave 110%.

Nix is the aptiome (sp?) of an Auburn man. A great Christian man, too!!

The man needs to be on the AU payroll at some time in his future football career. Maybe as an assistant if we need to fill some holes. I'm not sure about OC, but somewhere.

I'm only 21, but top 5 QB's in my memory would be:

1) Jason Campbell

2) Patrick Nix (and Nix would be 1 if he hadn't stopped a play completely @ LSU, '95)

3) Reggie Slack (won arguably the biggest game in AU history)

4) Dameyune Craig

5) Ben Leard

Honorable Mention: Jeff Klein :blink:

Patrick Nix will forever be remembered for coming off the bench to throw the go ahead TOUCHDOWN, against Bama

He had other fine games but that one sure jumps out for me.

Archived