Some Keys to Victory

TigerOne

a few items to look for

WHEN SCORING 20+ POINTS

Under Tommy Tuberville, Auburn is 49-4 when scoring 20 or more points in a game, including a 47-3 mark in the regular season. Dating back to 1995, Auburn is 70-11 when scoring 20 or more points in a game.

30+ POINTS EQUALS VICTORY

Under Tommy Tuberville, Auburn is 35-0 when scoring 30 or more points in a game. Auburn has won 40 consecutive games when scoring 30 or more points in a game.

The last time the Tigers lost when registering at least 30 points was a 56-49, four overtime loss to Georgia in 1996.

In the last 22 years, Auburn is 109-2 when scoring 30 points.

And where :au: can show its coaching edge

THIRD QUARTER SUPERIORITY

Auburn has shown a knack for making the proper adjustments at halftime, particularly defensively. In the third quarter of games this season, the Tigers have outscored their opponents by a staggering margin of 51-3. Only a Ball State field goal has prevented Auburn from pitching a third-quarter shutout this season.

I'll also add a quick start won't hurt, the first drive needs at least several first downs. Will :au: run the ball every play the first couple of series or will the quick strike be tried, A reverse maybe ;)

info from cstv

Yeah, those are some interesting stats, I really do think that this game will come down to who plays best the last 5 minutes of the first half and the first five minutes of the second half :cheer::au:

The stat that is most impressive, to me, is the third quarter dominance by the :au: Defense. I think this game will be won in the trenches. Auburn has a very good offensive line. lsWHO has a very good defensive front. The team that wins this battle wins the War.

Of course, My vast Football knowledge and 50 cents will buy you a cold Coke!

p.s. I do not think that CAB will "gamble" too much early. He will attempt to let the defense put us in good position. In the second half, we may see some fireworks. :au:

This could turn into a defensive struggle. We CANNOT TURN THE BALL OVER and win! Also, since we have become a first strike team, we need to get something going fast and keep the pressure on them. It would be nice IF we could move the ball on the ground and pass less due to the need to control the clock and keep it away from Russell and co. One big question I have is whether our DL can keep up with the giant OL. WDE! :cheer::au:

The stat that is most impressive, to me, is the third quarter dominance by the  :au:   Defense. I think this game will be won in the trenches. Auburn has a very good offensive line. lsWHO has a very good defensive front. The team that wins this battle wins the War.

191118[/snapback]

I agree, its going to be won in the trenches..... OL vs DL for both sides is going to determine the outcome.

Keys to Victory:

LSU

1) Establish running game early

2) Limit turnovers and penalties

3) Pressure Cox

AU

1) Prevent LSU from jumping ahead early

2) Establish running game

3) Stop Joe Addai

I really feel that which ever team can accomplish these things most effectively will win this game.

Guest Tigrinum Major

191118[/snapback]

Where are you getting Cokes for fifty cents these days?

Agree with scott. If we stop Addai, it will be a long night for Russell. If Addai runs free, it will be a long night for me.

Of course, we stopped the vaunted running game of Arkansas this past week. But their O line doesn't compare to LSU and that freshman RB couldn't do it on his own.

191118[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol:

Coke machine in the break room, fourty paces from my office. If you are ever in this neck of the woods, I will buy! :D

Guest Tigrinum Major

191118[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol:

Coke machine in the break room, fourty paces from my office. If you are ever in this neck of the woods, I will buy! :D

191166[/snapback]

I quit drinking them a few weeks ago. Nothing but water, with the occasional sweet tea and lemonade. I feel a lot better these days. And I have lost about 5 pounds.

This could turn into a defensive struggle. We CANNOT TURN THE BALL OVER and win! Also, since we have become a first strike team, we need to get something going fast and keep the pressure on them. It would be nice IF we could move the ball on the ground and pass less due to the need to control the clock and keep it away from Russell and co. One big question I  have is whether our DL can keep up with the giant OL. WDE! :cheer:   :au:

191133[/snapback]

Arky has a prety big OL, and we seemed to handle them pretty good. Obviously, LSU's OL may be a little more athletic, but I don't think the size is that big of a concern. We gotta tackle better also...Wilhite missed a bunch of tackles last week. I agree with scott's assessment of the must dos for both teams. Put him on Gameday!!!!

This game will come down to which OL better controls the line of scrimmage. If either DL can pressure the QB and somewhat stop the running game that team will probably win. Also BIG plays. BIG plays in the passing game. BIG plays on special teams. Last year a kicking game error cost LSU an overtime. LSU has a very good DL, it is imperative that the AU OL to stop those big guys for our running and passing game to fire on all cylinders.

Look for Borges to open up the play book on offense and Gibbs to throw in a couple of wrinkles on defense.

Look for LSU early in the game to blitz and try to force Cox into mistakes.

Look for AUBURN early to try to make J. Russell play his regular interception prone game early and late.

So far this year AUBURN has been effective on both kickoffs and punt returns. If they can keep AUBURN working with a short field it will be nice.

I agree with scott's assessment of the must dos for both teams.  Put him on Gameday!!!!

191177[/snapback]

What could be my "catch phrase" for Gameday? any suggestions?

how about..... "Would you like a corndog with that?" or "You can dip him in mustard, cuz' he is done!!"

One of my favorite phrases, which we use in softball for when the ball gets hit over an outfielder's head, especially a teammate's, is

darker, darker, darker, TOAST!. You would just use this on the bombs that burn DB's. It's funny every time I hear it :big:

Archived