Tuberville blasts ESPN, BCS

TitanTiger

The local sports talk show in Chattanooga (big Tennessee homers) were actually commending Tubby for having the guts to say what everyone else was thinking

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colin Cowherd here in the ATL is blasting him. I actually expected him to show a little love but I forgot his show is based on ESPN.

Colin Cowherd here in the ATL is blasting him.  I actually expected him to show a little love but I forgot his show is based on ESPN.

192680[/snapback]

What was he "blasting him" for?

Colin Cowherd here in the ATL is blasting him.  I actually expected him to show a little love but I forgot his show is based on ESPN.

192680[/snapback]

What was he "blasting him" for?

192696[/snapback]

he made it sound more like TT was making it an SEC thing rather than it being about a screwed up system. Basically saying that the SEC is not all that and a bag of chips when that is not what TT was saying in the first place....If I am not mistaken VT was included as well and it goes for any school that runs the table and doesn't get a shot at the NC.

I just wish Tuberville would keep his mouth shut. Yeah, I agree, we got screwed last year, but we have an SEC game ahead of us. Instead of worrying about the BCS, Tuberville needs to be worrying about ole piss.

I totally agree with what Coach Tubberville said, and I think many people in the country who think for themselves probably feel the same way. Another thing that bothers me is the fact that even if UGA and Bama both go undefeated in the regular season they'll have to play in the SECCG and then one of them will have a loss. Without a playoff we'll truly never know who the best team is at the end of the year (who's to say a team that lost 3 toward the start of the year hadn't improved to be the best by the end of the year?? but I guess that's another argument entirely, do we want the best team at the end of the year, or the best team throughout the entire year...since they aren't always the same).

As far as USC goes....they really can't say anything about us, as last year we pretty much accepted our fate and didn't whine to the media about how we were shut out of the game (well not to the point that we'd beg our way into a split championship)....so if any of them ever say anything about us whining, they need to remember when the shoe was on the other foot and what they did. Also I seem to remember Mack Brown campaigning to get his longhorns into the rose bowl last year....but I may be wrong....and it worked to. Anyways, the media will probably get what they have wanted all year, USC vs. Texas, and honestly as much as it makes me angry no one else will have ever really had a shot, I hope Texas mops the floor with USC, so we can finally stop hearing about how wonderful they are.....but then again they'd probably make up some excuse for them..........anyways, I don't need to think about this too much, as all we can do is continue to speak the truth and move on......way to go Tubby, tell it like it is!!!

War Eagle!!!

I'd pay money to hear what Pete Carroll had to say if by some miracle his team goes undefeated and gets left out of the championship game...

192541[/snapback]

As Southlink reminds us, we've been there/done that in 2003. And yeh, Pete Carroll whined, cried and yelled as much as anyone with no impact on the BCS's decision. When the Trojans managed to keep the top rating on the AP poll, he simply said "the BCS doesn't count and we're national champions because of the AP".

PLAYOFFS!

---Top eight teams based only on # of victories, # of opponents' victories, and # of opponents' opponents' victories! No biased humans nor complex, convoluted computer formulas.

---And no automatic berths for conference champions--no 10-2 or 9-3 Big East (or SEC or Pac 10) team taking a spot over an 11-1 conference runner-up!

---Big Four New Year's Day bowls take top 8 teams as 1st playoff round!

holtz is as worthless as a turd. I now watch practically no espn gameday show of any sort because everytime I see him, I flip the channel. He is a worthless windbag of a coach who lost his head of steam in the 80's to say the least.

Way to go tubs! Tell it like it truly is.

192536[/snapback]

First of all, you should apologize to turds everywhere for that insensitive remark.

Secondly, I also turn the channel everytime Granny Clampett comes on. I hate him.

Thirdly, a buddy of mine hosts a sports call-in show in Columbia, SC - "Home of the Shamecocks." He brought this up as a topic tonight and read CTT's remarks on the air multiple times, and he said it generated a LOT of phone calls - every one of them AGREEING with CTT on all counts. Nice.

Lastly, the best way to get Lou Holtz of the air is to make a big huge organized deal publicly boycotting ESPN until they take him off. You know, letter writing, commercial buying, newspaper ads ... whatever.

I know that sounds a bit overblown, but the point is that you have to threaten ESPN's ad revenue. If people stop watching, advertisers will take their business elsewhere, and that's the last thing ESPN wants. They'd dump that old jackass in the nearest nursing home if they thought he was hurting the bottom line. Unfortunately, all it would PROBABLY end up doing is making MORE people watch him to see what idiotic thing was going to fall out of his spit-filled mouth.

Nothing sells like controversy - just like Paul Finebaum. Hey! There's a freaking GREAT idea. Dump Holtz from ESPN and move him to the Finescum show. That way, we'd could not listen to BOTH OF THEM AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!!!

War Damn Eagle!

192540[/snapback]

:lol: I hear ya man!

Also I seem to remember Mack Brown campaigning to get his longhorns into the rose bowl last year....but I may be wrong....and it worked to.

192740[/snapback]

Yes he did, and Beamer has already made the comment that if they win out the computer should go ring ding ding, it was on ESPN somewhere (saw it on a Longhorn site). You can bet if VT gets locked out he won't be the company man anymore and will be qouting Tuberville cause Herbie an Corso have already resigned them to a quiet number three with no chance and enforce that every chance they can.

Archived