Tuberville blasts ESPN, BCS

TitanTiger

Guest Tigrinum Major
I'm listening to Finebaum right now and he is talking about this subject, just bashing Tubberville, thats alllllllllllllllllllllll he is doing, he is such a jackass...sorry for the language

192460[/snapback]

No need to apologize for that language when used in that context. You are entirely accurate and justified.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

remember pf Hack wants to annoy as many listeners as possible. PF loved it that

TT said this so he can use it as fuel for his :au: fire which had died down a bit.

Reach over and change the channel, you will feel better :fish:

Really sad part is that PF is just mad that he didn't come up with it. It is not hard to see that whatever pot he thinks may smell the worst is the one he is going to stir. He knows he can Talk about it without Alabama fans being against him because he knows there is a VERY small chance that they are going to be in the same situation we were last year.

This has really got me fired up for some reason. Maybe because it was the same thing last year....Us against the world mentality. I think it is time to take back college football.....First question?????How do we do it? Time to storm the gates!

and i quote finebaum, "TT is just full of hot air, he lost last week and he is just trying to change the subject, he is mad because last year he was left out and just couldnt cut it"

:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

Oh my God, Radio off, cigarette time.....................

and i quote finebaum, "TT is just full of hot air, he lost last week and he is just trying to change the subject, he is mad because last year he was left out and just couldnt cut it

192477[/snapback]

:puke::puke: PF

There's a reason I don't listen to that idiot.

You are so right fish. I'll pop over to PF every afternoon as kind of an inside joke with myself. I love proving the theory that 99.9% of the time, the issue is something Bama related. I'll turn to it and it takes about 5 seconds before I laugh and turn it off saying, "Yup, they're still talking about the Tide."

You know, I'm actually going to have a little problem with CTT if he goes back on that dirt bag's show. PF just dogs out Tubby at every opportunity. I hope he turns his back on the little prick with ears.

Does anyone else get a kick out of Pete Carroll?

The man sits up and says he doesn't understand then states "But, I have no solution so I can't complain"

Really, Pete? I guess when I heard you bitching and moaning like a school girl after the 2003 season along with your star QB wearing a "BCS sucks" shirt whenever he could....it was all just a silly misunderstanding.

Right?

Anyone at USC who says anything other then "We should get rid of it. It's terrible" is a liar and a hypocrite

Way to go Tommy! You've got to respect a coach that tells it like it is. As for PF's show, Tuberville should never do another interview. PF will talk to him like they are best buddies during an interview and then blast him. I encourage all the Auburn guests Tuberville, Dye, White, and Trotman to never be on his show.

he was mentioned briefly on PTI. tk said he did want to see usc/texas then he closed the show with "way to go tommy tuberville."

You are so right fish.  I'll pop over to PF every afternoon as kind of an inside joke with myself.  I love proving the theory that 99.9% of the time, the issue is something Bama related.  I'll turn to it and it takes about 5 seconds before I laugh and turn it off saying, "Yup, they're still talking about the Tide."

You know, I'm actually going to have a little problem with CTT if he goes back on that dirt bag's show.  PF just dogs out Tubby at every opportunity.  I hope he turns his back on the little prick with ears.

192496[/snapback]

Why in the world does Tuberville, Dye, Watson Brown and Shula go on his show when he is always putting each and every one of them down? Oh, he is nice to them up close, but wait until later!

About 3-4 weeks ago, I ventured briefly into Jerry Springerville, also known as the PF show. Finescum was going ape $%^& about the off handed comment Holtz made about Bama and paying players. He basically said Lou should shut the hell up and should be put out to pasture. Now, when CTT says the exact same thing Finenut says and what the rest of the nation has been saying for years, Tubby is only trying to deflect criticism from his "Lousy coaching job."

So, it's justified when YOU say it but CTT is only trying to cover his own backside??? :blink:

Finedung is nothing more than an oozing, infected pimple of the arse of society.

holtz is as worthless as a turd. I now watch practically no espn gameday show of any sort because everytime I see him, I flip the channel. He is a worthless windbag of a coach who lost his head of steam in the 80's to say the least.

Way to go tubs! Tell it like it truly is.

holtz is as worthless as a turd. I now watch practically no espn gameday show of any sort because everytime I see him, I flip the channel. He is a worthless windbag of a coach who lost his head of steam in the 80's to say the least.

Way to go tubs! Tell it like it truly is.

192536[/snapback]

First of all, you should apologize to turds everywhere for that insensitive remark.

Secondly, I also turn the channel everytime Granny Clampett comes on. I hate him.

Thirdly, a buddy of mine hosts a sports call-in show in Columbia, SC - "Home of the Shamecocks." He brought this up as a topic tonight and read CTT's remarks on the air multiple times, and he said it generated a LOT of phone calls - every one of them AGREEING with CTT on all counts. Nice.

Lastly, the best way to get Lou Holtz of the air is to make a big huge organized deal publicly boycotting ESPN until they take him off. You know, letter writing, commercial buying, newspaper ads ... whatever.

I know that sounds a bit overblown, but the point is that you have to threaten ESPN's ad revenue. If people stop watching, advertisers will take their business elsewhere, and that's the last thing ESPN wants. They'd dump that old jackass in the nearest nursing home if they thought he was hurting the bottom line. Unfortunately, all it would PROBABLY end up doing is making MORE people watch him to see what idiotic thing was going to fall out of his spit-filled mouth.

Nothing sells like controversy - just like Paul Finebaum. Hey! There's a freaking GREAT idea. Dump Holtz from ESPN and move him to the Finescum show. That way, we'd could not listen to BOTH OF THEM AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!!!

War Damn Eagle!

I don't like the timing of these statements but I agree with all of it. ESPN has too much influence and the talking heads on that show are the biggest losers. Playoff is the only solution.

I'd pay money to hear what Pete Carroll had to say if by some miracle his team goes undefeated and gets left out of the championship game...

I showed my UAT friend this.. and here are his responses:

uat guy:

"well someone should tell him to look up lou holtz record at notre dame, but BCS is bull,i do agree"

"i liked tuberville until i found out that he helped fulmer a bit, now i dont like him"

"actually that couldnt be more wrong, i saw a special on this. if VT wins out, they are at least no. 2, SoS is too high. but they wont win out so it wont matter"

Cracked me up.. lol.

As a younger fan who didn't know Holtz in his ND days...I can't help but wonder when I hear that lisp how any football player ever took him seriously.

Only one option, folks...start up the "Bring Back Trev" petition!! :D:poke:

I think a temporary fix until they finally go with a playoff (which will never happen), would be to not release any poll until about mid-season. This wouldn't solve everything, but it would help. It would give the pollsters time to watch teams for about 6 weeks before they rank them.

192325[/snapback]

The BCS already did that this year -- and look at the progresss it's made. A poll is nothing more than a group of a__ holes' consensus opinion. The solution isn't a "better" poll (as if one group of a__ holez' opinions makes one iota difference from another group's.) No. The solution lies in completely doing away with relying on polls once and for all. I know, I know ... this is heresy to any of the schools who live & die with their "tradishun" and top of the poll rankings but hey, the game is played on the field not in the polls. Deal with it.

We need criteria, as in ... win your freakin' conference if you want a shot at the NC. There are 11 conferences and thus, 11 conference winners. Seed the teams 1-11 & pick the 8 best teams to be in the Tournament of Champions. Tell the bottom 3 better luck next time. Match 1-8, 2-7, 3-6 & 4-5 in a Quarter-final round the 2nd weekend in December (the 1st weekend after the Conference Championship game.) The games will be played at the home stadiums of the 1-4 seeds (i.e. bonus for getting a high seed.) The winners get matched up in 2 of the New Year's Day BCS Bowls for the Semi-final round. The losers get matched in a Consolation Round, also in 2 other New Year's Day BCS Bowls. Final Round is for the NC and is played on the following Saturday at least one week later at either the 5th BCS Bowl game or one of the 4 current BCS Bowl venues. Rotate the NC game and Semi-final games equally among the BCS Bowl venues. That way, a BCS Bowl is involved in the championship 3 out of every 5 years instead of the current once every 4 years. No polls, no bias, absolute no argument with who is champion, regular season means everything and every conference win is magnified, lots of money being made (and spread around) .... what's not to like?

Btw, CTT was right on the money.

As a younger fan who didn't know Holtz in his ND days...I can't help but wonder when I hear that lisp how any football player ever took him seriously.

Only one option, folks...start up the "Bring Back Trev" petition!!  :D  :poke:

192575[/snapback]

Isn't it pathetic that Trev is actually better than folks they actually kept?

I know it sounds like sour grapes. Well I guess that's exactly what it is but I think it would be funny to see VT left out. Before the Sugar Bowl Beamer kept saying how he thought :au: should be in the title game. However when asked after the game if he would vote :au: #1 he said he was going with the good ole boy system.

I wish Tommy would learn from his past "foot in mouth" episodes and just close his mouth.  :no:   Move on Tubby, you can't change what happened last year.

IMO

:au:

192293[/snapback]

ESPN $UCKS!!!

Give em heck, Tommy! I hate the big 10 homers, and I don't care what kind of retribution is taken against us...they're as bad as the IRS...well, almost. :moon:

:au::homer:

Archived