Hello All

saniflush

My father taught me that whenever I go somewhere to introduce myself. So without the benefit of being able to extend a hand and look you all in the eye I will say this. I am very pleased to be here amongst friends and family and look forward to interesting and stimulating conversation without the benefit of major flamers! Givem' hell you War Damn Eagle!

Welcome & W D E ! ! ! :au:   :cheer:

192345[/snapback]

Welcome. Great handle. It reminds me of all those great treats I used to enjoy at the "Saniflush." I bet a lot of folks here have no idea what the Saniflush was.

Thankyou all. yes I too am old enough to remmeber the flush and was even there the last night it was open before AmSouth tore it down. I know they made a killing selling that piece of proerty but some things are just wrong to get rid of. Oh well. Glad to be here. :big:

Welcome aboard!

Anyone got any Saniflush pieces they would sell?

Man, I miss that place. Too many memories there. Great place to take a break from studying.

Thankyou all.  yes I too am old enough to remmeber the flush and was even there the last night it was open before AmSouth tore it down.  I know they made a killing selling that piece of proerty but some things are just wrong to get rid of.  Oh well.  Glad to be here.  :big:

192366[/snapback]

I was there that last night, too! But that doesn't make us "old" does it?? Great handle!

Welcome! Ahhh the memories of walking to the Flush after the free movie at Langdon.

If memory serves me, wasn't it officially called the "Sani-Freeze" and "The Flush" as a nickname? I htink there's a picture in one of my old Gloms.

Old is certainly open to interpretation!!!!!  Semper Fi as well.  88-92 3bn 1st marines

192381[/snapback]

Well in that case, welcome you dang grunt!! :poke:

But easy with the old stuff, USN 83-89 :cheer:

:au:

You are right 7d's. My father (54) and my mother (57) told me that it got shortened to "the flush" they never could tell me how or why but that was the way it was when they were there so who knows how it started?

Guest Tigrinum Major
ok...someone fill me in on the flush.

192416[/snapback]

Torn down several years ago and an AmSouth Bank was built on the property. Sad, sad, day...

ok...someone fill me in on the flush.

192416[/snapback]

My pleasure....just off College street where the Am-South bank now sits there used to be a very rundown looking building called the Sani-Freeze. Most everyone just called it "the flush". They had very good malts, shakes, ice cream, and based on what I rememeber pretty good greasy burgers as well. It sold the prperty to Am-South bank and closed in either 93 or 94 I can't remember now. Anyway it was was just another piece of Auburn like the lemonade @ Toomer's.

Welcome aboard and War Eagle!

USN '82-'85 and '89-present

Archived