TV broadcasts as part of the radio broadcast

Ranger12

Today is the first time this year that I have turned down the volume on the TV and using the radio for my audio. I have noticed that it sounds like the radio team is actually watching the TV broadcasts and is also pumping in the TV broadcast audio, minus the TV announcers. You can tell because Stan White will be commenting about certain plays at the same time the TV is showing the replay and he will actually reference the replay. Also, the umpire's microphone calles are right in sync with the TV and radio. But the way I know the radio is pumping in the background noise of the TV broadcast is because when the TV is showing shots within the crowd, you hear the same fans screaming through the radio as it is being shown on TV. For instance, one time the TV showed a shot of a cheerleader, I had my volume on the TV down, but I could hear the same cheerleader on my radio and she was synched in with the TV shot. Same thing happened when they showed some girl in the stands cheering. You saw her on TV, but heard her on the radio. Also, you can hear the players pads hitting each other and the QB calling the signals through the radio. You can also slightly hear the JP sound effects for some of their graphics when they use them on TV. I did not ever know that the radio used the TV audio for the background noise. I think that is pretty neat. You get the effect of watching on TV without having to hear the annoying TV announcers. Anybody else notice that?

Archived