Alabama is pitiful

auburnu008

I'm glad someone else caught this. 

Hey, RWS, explain how your scenario plays out.

195492[/snapback]

No! Let him think that...that'd be hilarious if we beat uat and he's packing up for ATL.

195494[/snapback]

if i'm wrong, then thats fine. like i said, the world will still spin no matter what happens. i'm not going to sit here and argue about something hypothetical over 2 weeks.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if i'm wrong, then thats fine. like i said, the world will still spin no matter what happens. i'm not going to sit here and argue about something hypothetical over 2 weeks.

195516[/snapback]

Well it wasn't hypothetical...it was simply wrong.

What we have is a team that refuses to lose, and it looks like Destiny is screaming ROLL TIDE!!!!!!! :big:

It's Rolling Baby It's Rolling........... :D:lol: ...........Right into a Brick Wall "That Is Auburn."....................War "BY GOD" Eagle.

What we have is a team that refuses to lose, and it looks like Destiny is screaming ROLL TIDE!!!!!!! :big:

It's Rolling Baby It's Rolling........... :D:lol: ...........Right into a Brick Wall "That Is Auburn."....................War "BY GOD" Eagle.

195522[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol:

I didn't even catch that until your response. Are Bama fans going to have to omit the "D" word (and I don't mean "defense") from their vocabulary forever?

I thought for a minute that it was going to go un-noticed. The word Destiny will not leave Bama for a LONG LONG time, so we might as well have a little fun with it. :P

Our defense is the best in the country...you didnt exactly light it up against LSU. (LSU only score 24 on app st tonight btw)

NOPE! But we out rushed LSU and we out passed LSU in THEIR house! Missing 5 FG's was the difference, and we still had a shot at them in OT.

But I agree.................. NO IRON BOWL IS EASY! That's why it's the greatest rivalry game in the country!

195419[/snapback]

but they didnt in some ways....mainly because of strength of schedule. but guess what, thats the boat Alabama is in right now. auburn really didnt play anyone tough last season except a few, and those games were close close.

195452[/snapback]

We played and soundly beat 5 top 10 teams last year. Do that, then you can talk this kind uf garbage. Unbelieveable.

auburn really didnt play anyone tough last season

195452[/snapback]

You alabama fans have the same argument....

#4 Georgia, #3 LSU, a top 15 Tenn. team Twice, #8 or #9 Vtech (forgot there rank, it was top ten).

So...tell me...how many top ten teams did USC play all year? I think the number was one or two. (Or wait...how many top ten teams have y'all played all year? Your schedule this year is WIMPY compared to Auburn's last year)

We played one hell of a schedule......matter of fact, our SOS was pretty good last year wasnt it? Someone pointed out that it was actually better than USC's SOS....so I dont want to hear that lame argument again, because you were just proved wrong :)

195500[/snapback]

actually, Auburn's opponents combined record last year was 61-61 (not counting bowl game). USC's opponents combined was 66-57 in 2004 (also not counting bowl game)as of this moment for 2005, Alabama's opponents is combined at 46-44 (this includes LSU and Auburn). remember, all teams have 2 more games to go so thats why the number is so low. in 2004 Auburn played 3 non-conference teams, and this year Alabama also played 3. so really the SOS won't be that different i don't think. we'll see in a few weeks.

so, you were proved wrong. ;)

195516[/snapback]

Well it wasn't hypothetical...it was simply wrong.

195519[/snapback]

no, i was saying

Hate to bust your bubble (not really), but if both AU and UAT win next the winner of the Iron Bowl will represent the SEC West in Atlanta. 1st Tiebreaker when AU wins the game will be head to head winner - and that will be AU.

.....that is the hypothetical i am talking about. AU and UAT both have to win this week for the Iron Bowl to decide who goes. i don't have a crystal ball, and we're both playing tough teams, so i'm not even going to try and guess. all i can say is this saturday is gonna be pretty interesting :)

Our defense is the best in the country...you didnt exactly light it up against LSU. (LSU only score 24 on app st tonight btw)

NOPE! But we out rushed LSU and we out passed LSU in THEIR house! Missing 5 FG's was the difference, and we still had a shot at them in OT.

But I agree.................. NO IRON BOWL IS EASY! That's why it's the greatest rivalry game in the country!

195419[/snapback]

but they didnt in some ways....mainly because of strength of schedule. but guess what, thats the boat Alabama is in right now. auburn really didnt play anyone tough last season except a few, and those games were close close.

195452[/snapback]

We played and soundly beat 5 top 10 teams last year. Do that, then you can talk this kind uf garbage. Unbelieveable.

195531[/snapback]

well really yall "soundly" beat 3 top 10 teams last year.

Auburn 10, LSU 9

Auburn 16, Virginia Tech 13

those are the other 2 scores from the other 2 top 10 team games....mind you Auburn only won by 8 points against Alabama (which obviously we werent even near the top 10). BUT i say "soundly" because in the end, a win is a win, no matter if its by 1 point or by 20. yall won them and thats all that matters i think.

BUT i say "soundly" because in the end, a win is a win, no matter if its by 1 point or by 20. yall won them and thats all that matters i think.

Exactly......as I said this last year I'll say again this year. A Win is a Win, This ain't Figure Skating. No matter if you beat an opponent by 50 or 1, The ONLY thing that should matter is that Big W beside that game.........That's why bammer should be #3 but these media baffoons (sp?) will probably put Miami into the #3 spot......Either way, bama will get left out "IF" they, along with USC and Texas, go undefeated.....Until we have the Plus One Playoff or a Full Blown 16 Team Playoff, that's how it's going to be. War "BY GOD" Eagle

BUT i say "soundly" because in the end, a win is a win, no matter if its by 1 point or by 20. yall won them and thats all that matters i think.

Exactly......as I said this last year I'll say again this year. A Win is a Win, This ain't Figure Skating. No matter if you beat an opponent by 50 or 1, The ONLY thing that should matter is that Big W beside that game.........That's why bammer should be #3 but these media baffoons (sp?) will probably put Miami into the #3 spot......Either way, bama will get left out "IF" they, along with USC and Texas, go undefeated.....Until we have the Plus One Playoff or a Full Blown 16 Team Playoff, that's how it's going to be. War "BY GOD" Eagle

195546[/snapback]

i agree 100%. but, i don't think we could ever see playoffs because it would make too much sense :) . high school does it, NFL does it, why can't college?

Yep.... Miami #3... however, we were just picked by Mark May to beat LSU... he said our defense would be what won it... get this... he said it would be a 10-7 game... that's about what i think it will be...

we have GOT to put up some offensive TD's...

Yep.... Miami #3... however, we were just picked by Mark May to beat LSU... he said our defense would be what won it... get this... he said it would be a 10-7 game... that's about what i think it will be...

195555[/snapback]

Well I know I'm pulling for the tiders in this one...good luck! ;)

195555[/snapback]

195560[/snapback]

well, like AUwho said, if we dont put up some offensive TDs then we're gonna need it.

195555[/snapback]

195560[/snapback]

well, like AUwho said, if we dont put up some offensive TDs then we're gonna need it.

195561[/snapback]

I know some of you are waiting to hear this ;) , so here it is...

as Bear Bryant said "I'd rather be lucky than good!"

You can always get better, you can't get more lucky!

We will kill them. Their offense is worse than Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Kentucky, and just about every other D1 team. Only way they score on anyone is special teams/defense. Look at their games this year. Without the Prothro catch from god they loose to Southern Miss, last second field goal to beat Ole Miss, beat UT with a

mircale fumble in the end zone, beat Arky by 11 which was closer than the score. I think Auburn beats them pretty bad. LSU will also beat them by at least 10 next week. They are NOT a good football TEAM, they have a good defense. I do not think it will be a close game. I can't wait until they come to Jordan Hare. I am so sick of hearing how great they are.

195288[/snapback]

Let's hope they don't discover an offense before then. Weird things happen when our two teams get together!

Guest Tigrinum Major
We're so pitiful, that we havent lost a game all year. Wow, we suck. We may not score a ton, but lord knows we wont give up 27 points to Kentucky.

Didnt florida put up the same amount of points against UK that you guys did?

195313[/snapback]

Alabama couldn't put up the same number of points playing the remaining rounds of the 6A high school playoffs.

Hmmm, so Florida is bad now? That just takes the shine off your coach's autograph win.

We're so pitiful, that we havent lost a game all year. Wow, we suck. We may not score a ton, but lord knows we wont give up 27 points to Kentucky.

Didnt florida put up the same amount of points against UK that you guys did?

195313[/snapback]

Honey, check out your schedule! It is as bad as ours. yeah, you beat Florida, but Vandy might have, if it hasn't been for a ridiculous excessive celebration penalty. The Florida win is the only impressive win that Alabama has under their belts. They beat Tenn which is no big deal. You haven't played anyone. Does that not worry you? Unless you find an offense in a big hurry, you are doomed. I really don't understand what is up with your offense. Yes, you lost Protho, but everyone said someone would step up. As of yet, no one has! Hopefully, for us, no one will when you play Auburn. By the way, we beat Kentucky by the spread. Alabama beat Ole Miss by 2 pts. Geez!

Hmmm, so Florida is bad now?  That just takes the shine off your coach's autograph win.

195573[/snapback]

Not to mention 3-5 UT. :thumbsdown:

Guest Tigrinum Major
auburn really didnt play anyone tough last season

195452[/snapback]

You alabama fans have the same argument....

#4 Georgia, #3 LSU, a top 15 Tenn. team Twice, #8 or #9 Vtech (forgot there rank, it was top ten).

So...tell me...how many top ten teams did USC play all year? I think the number was one or two. (Or wait...how many top ten teams have y'all played all year? Your schedule this year is WIMPY compared to Auburn's last year)

We played one hell of a schedule......matter of fact, our SOS was pretty good last year wasnt it? Someone pointed out that it was actually better than USC's SOS....so I dont want to hear that lame argument again, because you were just proved wrong :)

195500[/snapback]

actually, Auburn's opponents combined record last year was 61-61 (not counting bowl game). USC's opponents combined was 66-57 in 2004 (also not counting bowl game)as of this moment for 2005, Alabama's opponents is combined at 46-44 (this includes LSU and Auburn). remember, all teams have 2 more games to go so thats why the number is so low. in 2004 Auburn played 3 non-conference teams, and this year Alabama also played 3. so really the SOS won't be that different i don't think. we'll see in a few weeks.

so, you were proved wrong. ;)

195532[/snapback]

Simply comparing W-L records, you would assume that. SOS is much more complicated than simple wins and losses. You proved nothing.

Example: Is a 7-2 Florida the same as a 7-2 Boise State? No? Try again, you get no departing gifts for playing.

Guest Tigrinum Major
but whats funny to me is, really as long as we beat LSU, we will clinch a spot in the SEC title game, no matter if we lose to Auburn or not.

195452[/snapback]

I know this has been pointed out as wrong already, but I just like to highlight the consequences of drug use when I see it.

if we don't get to play in the national championship, well i don't know. i mean, last season Auburn did have a right to make some noise, but they didnt in some ways....mainly because of strength of schedule. but guess what, thats the boat Alabama is in right now. auburn really didnt play anyone tough last season except a few, and those games were close close.

195452[/snapback]

Close? LSU and I will even give you VA Tech. In no other game did the opposing team have the ball in the fourth quarter within a TD of tieing or winning. Put the crack pipe down and get some help.

but whats funny to me is, really as long as we beat LSU, we will clinch a spot in the SEC title game, no matter if we lose to Auburn or not.

195452[/snapback]

I know this has been pointed out as wrong already, but I just like to highlight the consequences of drug use when I see it.

if we don't get to play in the national championship, well i don't know. i mean, last season Auburn did have a right to make some noise, but they didnt in some ways....mainly because of strength of schedule. but guess what, thats the boat Alabama is in right now. auburn really didnt play anyone tough last season except a few, and those games were close close.

195452[/snapback]

Close? LSU and I will even give you VA Tech. In no other game did the opposing team have the ball in the fourth quarter within a TD of tieing or winning. Put the crack pipe down and get some help.

195582[/snapback]

i corrected this in a later post, saying auburn did beat 3 of the 5 top teams soundly, the only 2 games that were "close" were the LSU and VATech game, and as i said in that same post, it really doesnt matter as long as yall won YALL WON. you must have read over that.

Guest Tigrinum Major
i corrected this in a later post, saying auburn did beat 3 of the 5 top teams soundly, the only 2 games that were "close" were the LSU and VATech game, and as i said in that same post, it really doesnt matter as long as yall won YALL WON. you must have read over that.

195592[/snapback]

Sorry, this is my first opportunity to read since Friday about noon. I am wayyyyyyyyy behind and reacting left and right. My apologies. Glad to see that you were lucid later on.

195592[/snapback]

Sorry, this is my first opportunity to read since Friday about noon. I am wayyyyyyyyy behind and reacting left and right. My apologies. Glad to see that you were lucid later on.

195595[/snapback]

lol no problem. bad things happen when i rely on memory!

195452[/snapback]

195452[/snapback]

195582[/snapback]

Better watch what you say TM...we got some tattlers lurking around...We wouldnt want to upset them would we? ;)B)

Archived