195361[/snapback]

Again...let me write it out for you:

Run...Run..play action....

Next series:

Run...Run..play action

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We're so pitiful, that we havent lost a game all year. Wow, we suck.

195313[/snapback]

Only because every team you have played so far suck worse than 'Bama...

195314[/snapback]

And remind me the long list of world beaters that AU has beaten this year...please.

195318[/snapback]

We dropped a close one to LSU and it was heartbreaking. We'll see next week how you stack up against them.

As for the other games we have played against the same opponents:

AU 28 MSU 0

uat 17 MSU 0

AU 48 USC 7

uat 37 USC 14

AU 27 Miss 3

uat 13 Miss 10

AU 34 Ark 17

uat 24 ARK 13

Darn it! Now you have gone ahead and confused a uater's dreams by pointing out cold hard facts. How dare you let facts get in the way of the uater's dreams. :lol::lol:

WarTim, please explain to me how 9-0 vs 7-2 isnt a fact.

195398[/snapback]

what's funny is that bama is 9-0 and auburn is 7-2 yet almost every auburn or bama fan i have talked to that had half a brain(so really only about 1/3 of the bama fans ive talked to) think auburn will beat bama easily. how confident are you bamagrad?

what's funny is that bama is 9-0 and auburn is 7-2 yet almost every auburn or bama fan i have talked to that had half a brain(so really only about 1/3 of the bama fans ive talked to) think auburn will beat bama easily. how confident are you bamagrad?

195407[/snapback]

Nah, I don't buy that. Iron Bowls are rarely "easily" won.

I'm willing to bet you live in Auburn. Be thankful you don't have to listen to bammerham radio or watch bammerham news. ;)

I agree with the fact that this Iron Bowl will be easy. We had to thwart off that "D" last season for a half before we wore them down and won it in 4th. This years game looks to be similar to last, except this one very, very important factor......

Bama is about to get it's first "REAL" test in LSU. After watching UF hold off Vandy in OT, and watching how UT is so poor, this game on Saturday will prove a huge point in Bama's season. If they win, then it helps us, but it also proves their worth for the next week.

The way I see it................. WE NEED TO BEAT UGA FIRST!!!!

Then we can work up the rivalry in Alabama!

Auburn looks better than Bama right now on paper, but games are not won there.

Until Alabama loses, I dont have any reason to think they cant win the next one.

Auburn is a good football team. But they have done nothing to indicate to me that they are better than us. Guess that means i have half a brain...or less than half...im not sure.

Auburn may beat bama. But to say they would beat bama easily, or even be favored at this point...is funny. You didnt beat us 'easily' last year when we were 6-6. We're 9-0 this year. And you're gonna win 'easily'? Our defense is the best in the country...you didnt exactly light it up against LSU. (LSU only score 24 on app st tonight btw)

'Easy' iron bowl wins rarely happen.

Our defense is the best in the country...you didnt exactly light it up against LSU. (LSU only score 24 on app st tonight btw)

NOPE! But we out rushed LSU and we out passed LSU in THEIR house! Missing 5 FG's was the difference, and we still had a shot at them in OT.

But I agree.................. NO IRON BOWL IS EASY! That's why it's the greatest rivalry game in the country!

I doubt this Iron Bowl will be as easy as some :au: fans seem to think. I attended the 1984 Iron Bowl, in which we were favored by 13, but lost by 2. Yes, bama's offense has looked anemic recently, but sometimes coaches find a key and things change. I'm also concerned about giving up 27 points today. That bodes ill for next week's game.

Geeze BS...at this rate you're going to bust a gut even before Iron Bowl week.

And I love hearing about the "#1 defense" and "look at our record" stuff. Remember last time we all had to hear that stuff? Yeah, 17-7. :rolleyes:

Forget about it...it means nothing come Iron Bowl week.

195407[/snapback]

I'm willing to bet you live in Auburn. Be thankful you don't have to listen to bammerham radio or watch bammerham news. ;)

195410[/snapback]

God isnt that the truth.............Ive lived in bamaham for 2 months and the thought of listening to jox makes me want to vomit. Here its like there is no need to play a national championship game cause bama has already taken home the trophy. :puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

God isnt that the truth.............Ive lived in bamaham for 2 months and the thought of listening to jox makes me want  to vomit.  Here its like  there is no need to play a national championship  game cause bama has already taken home the trophy. :puke:   :puke:   :puke:   :puke:   :puke:   :puke:

195444[/snapback]

Yeah, for the best laugh on the "news" side of the bammerham media, check out NBC13 news on Monday mornings. They have these three bammer goobs on there (2 black guys and a white guy) supposedly talking about "sports". Turns into the biggest bammer goob fest...it's hilarious.

Our defense is the best in the country...you didnt exactly light it up against LSU. (LSU only score 24 on app st tonight btw)

NOPE! But we out rushed LSU and we out passed LSU in THEIR house! Missing 5 FG's was the difference, and we still had a shot at them in OT.

But I agree.................. NO IRON BOWL IS EASY! That's why it's the greatest rivalry game in the country!

195419[/snapback]

actually, as of 10/29/05, Auburn is #4 in the country for total defense. Miami is #1. Alabama is #3 total defense (according the the NCAA website). They haven't updated the figures for this week.

looks like the iron bowl will be defense, defense, defense. but whats funny to me is, really as long as we beat LSU, we will clinch a spot in the SEC title game, no matter if we lose to Auburn or not. whats turning out to be even more interesting, is now that VATech got beat by Miami, VATech will come out of #3 and Alabama should move up to #3, as Miami still has 1 loss on the season and Alabama is undefeated.

if we don't get to play in the national championship, well i don't know. i mean, last season Auburn did have a right to make some noise, but they didnt in some ways....mainly because of strength of schedule. but guess what, thats the boat Alabama is in right now. auburn really didnt play anyone tough last season except a few, and those games were close close. same deal with alabama this season. regardless, anybody wearing crimson has got to be proud no matter what happens. from having so many losing seasons, being unranked at the start of the season and now in the top 5, no matter what happens theres always next year.

195407[/snapback]

195410[/snapback]

God isnt that the truth.............Ive lived in bamaham for 2 months and the thought of listening to jox makes me want to vomit. Here its like there is no need to play a national championship game cause bama has already taken home the trophy. :puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

195444[/snapback]

You have learned in a short time what many have learned years ago.

Personally, I would rather have a root canal than listen to Herb Winches.

God isnt that the truth.............Ive lived in bamaham for 2 months and the thought of listening to jox makes me want  to vomit.  Here its like  there is no need to play a national championship  game cause bama has already taken home the trophy. :puke:   :puke:   :puke:   :puke:   :puke:   :puke:

lol, i can imagine. some of us are delusional yes, but actually down here in the very south end of alabama, we're halfway decent. whatever happens, happens. football will continue and the world will still spin if alabama doesn't get to go. just for grins and giggles, i think Texas would stomp USC if they played for the trophy :)

Does anybody remember Shula's last year with Tampa Bay?  When he was OC?  What was the sheet on that team?

Great defense.

Couldn't score if they stuck $100 bills in their helmets and walked naked through The Cathouse.

Read this from an article about Shula's February 2000 firing as Buc offensive coordinator:

Look how close the Bucs came, despite struggling to score more than two TDs per start. Losing an 11-6 heartbender in St. Louis. In five games this season, Tampa Bay went without an offensive touchdown.

Statistics can lie, but in Shula's case the numbers were lethal. Fourth-worst offense in the league, coming up a touchdown shy of making Super Bowl XXXIV. Just one franchise had a worse passing game.

Too predictable.

Too stoppable.

Does that sound familiar?

195361[/snapback]

:lol::lol: Galen, you're killing me with the cathouse line. Keep 'em coming!

You were right with the uat = Ole Miss line and you're right again. I saw the MSU DL just bum rushing the uat OL today on passing plays -- looked like they had roller skates on their feet. And this was before well before Closner breaks his leg. Come to think of it, he broke his leg on a pass play where Croyle was easily sacked. MSU offense was flat out inept. End of story. They could make any defense look like world beaters. LSU's DL is much better than MSU's. I would love for uat to luck out with another miracle win this season against the Bayou Bengals -- that would immediately help AU with returning to the SECCG to properly defend our SECC. But I just don't see it happening. LSU will stomp a mudhole in uat. As pitiful as it sounds, AU needs for Arky or Ole Miss to catch LSU napping. :no: WDE anyways. :thumbsup::au:

Auburn is a good football team. But they have done nothing to indicate to me that they are better than us.

195418[/snapback]

Well, it seems :au: 's offense can find the end zone pretty easily. That should be good enough to start out a 7 point favorite. We'll find out more about the Tide "offense" this Saturday. I kind of like where we sit right now.

BTW, if the pollsters have any brains Miami will be moved up to the #3 slot. What they did to VaTech in Blacksburg far outshines what :ua: did in Starkghanistan.

looks like the iron bowl will be defense, defense, defense. but whats funny to me is, really as long as we beat LSU, we will clinch a spot in the SEC title game, no matter if we lose to Auburn or not.

195452[/snapback]

Hate to bust your bubble (not really), but if both AU and UAT win next the winner of the Iron Bowl will represent the SEC West in Atlanta. 1st Tiebreaker when AU wins the game will be head to head winner - and that will be AU.

War Eagle

looks like the iron bowl will be defense, defense, defense. but whats funny to me is, really as long as we beat LSU, we will clinch a spot in the SEC title game, no matter if we lose to Auburn or not.

195452[/snapback]

Hate to bust your bubble (not really), but if both AU and UAT win next the winner of the Iron Bowl will represent the SEC West in Atlanta. 1st Tiebreaker when AU wins the game will be head to head winner - and that will be AU.

War Eagle

195481[/snapback]

I'm glad someone else caught this.

Hey, RWS, explain how your scenario plays out.

I'm glad someone else caught this. 

Hey, RWS, explain how your scenario plays out.

195492[/snapback]

No! Let him think that...that'd be hilarious if we beat uat and he's packing up for ATL.

Maybe he forgot to put in his post that If we beat LSU and AU loses to UGA, that it wouldn't matter who won the Iron Bowl. :huh:

Also, if 9-0= pitiful, what does 7-2=?? :big:

9-0, RTR!!!

i mean, last season Auburn did have a right to make some noise, but they didnt in some ways....mainly because of strength of schedule. but guess what, thats the boat Alabama is in right now. auburn really didnt play anyone tough last season except a few, and those games were close close.

What planet were you on? Auburn beat 4 of the final BCS Top 15 teams, one of them twice. UT and UG we dominated completely, UT at home; both of those games were over by halftime. USC beat 2, count them, 2 of the final BCS Top 15.

In 2004, as # 3, Auburn had the opportunity to make a statement against a Top 10 team, and we blew out UG, they only scored late in the fourth quarter to prevent the shut out. The resulting AP poll still only got us tied with Oklahoma. In 2005, VT had the same opportunity against Miami, but blew it (in fact, Miami showed they deserve #3). Now, this weekend, 'Bama has the same opportunity; should 'Bama dominate LSU like Auburn did UG last year, and Miami did VT this year; people may start believing that 'Bama deserves #3, and maybe, even start a debate about 'Bama and Texas...

auburn really didnt play anyone tough last season

195452[/snapback]

You alabama fans have the same argument....

#4 Georgia, #3 LSU, a top 15 Tenn. team Twice, #8 or #9 Vtech (forgot there rank, it was top ten).

So...tell me...how many top ten teams did USC play all year? I think the number was one or two. (Or wait...how many top ten teams have y'all played all year? Your schedule this year is WIMPY compared to Auburn's last year)

We played one hell of a schedule......matter of fact, our SOS was pretty good last year wasnt it? Someone pointed out that it was actually better than USC's SOS....so I dont want to hear that lame argument again, because you were just proved wrong :)

Reminds me of Ohio State in 02.

Luckily wins with defense/special teams/maricles.

195347[/snapback]

Ive yet to see any miracles or luck. If you dont give up any points, you dont lose. End of story.

And it was obvious today we struggled because of very poor offensive line play. When your center (3 year starter) breaks his leg on the second possesion, and you have to play a converted dlineman at center, it really puts a world of hurt on your schemes. Our drives many times were killed by poor snaps or missed assignments.

And thanks to our defense, we didnt get the ball hardly at all in the 3rd Quarter.

we looked ugly on offense. But losing your starting center will do that.

Honestly, if we keep winning ugly, then so be it. BUt look at teams like UCLA and FSU....they can score points, but they have not been able to win em all.

195353[/snapback]

First of all, I give you that 9-0 is 9-0, and Alabama has a defense to be very proud of...but

But you don't see any miracles or luck? How about the MSU receiver dropping what was probably a surefire touchdown pass on 4th & goal? How about MSU fumbling the 2nd half kickoff? How about MSU's quarterback making a bone head mistake to hand you an interception for a TD? Yes, those were true mistakes on the 'Dogs part and not necessarily "miracles", but without them, who wins? I'd say that makes you lucky!

So your poor offensive line play yesterday is the just the result of losing your starting center? (and my condolences go out to him, his family, and the Bama fans who saw their last chance for a respectable OL go to the locker room with him) Then how do you explain your terrible offensive play against Ole Miss & Tennessee?

I continue to be astonished at the way the injury bug continues to hit you, though. I don't know any team in history that has lost as many stars to season-ending injuries as you have over the last three years. Speaking of luck, there's no doubt that you've been jinxed there. If I were a superstitious man, I'd suggest having your training room excorised or something! My condolences.

I for one am not taking the Iron Bowl for granted--the quickest way for us to lose is to start thinking it's in the bag and not show up at our mental best. But regardless of poll positions, Auburn has got to be favored in the game. Given that our defenses are almost equal (I'll even grant you a slight edge there based on statistics), then we should be favored because of clear offensive superiority. Throw in home field advantage (at least we've won Iron Bowls in Jordan-Hare) and any betting man giving Auburn and points has to be an idiot!

But for right now, the only team I want to focus on is Georgia. Go Auburn! ...and go Rebels and/or Hogs!

Reminds me of Ohio State in 02.

Luckily wins with defense/special teams/maricles.

195347[/snapback]

Ive yet to see any miracles or luck. If you dont give up any points, you dont lose. End of story.

And it was obvious today we struggled because of very poor offensive line play. When your center (3 year starter) breaks his leg on the second possesion, and you have to play a converted dlineman at center, it really puts a world of hurt on your schemes. Our drives many times were killed by poor snaps or missed assignments.

And thanks to our defense, we didnt get the ball hardly at all in the 3rd Quarter.

we looked ugly on offense. But losing your starting center will do that.

Honestly, if we keep winning ugly, then so be it. BUt look at teams like UCLA and FSU....they can score points, but they have not been able to win em all.

195353[/snapback]

First of all, I give you that 9-0 is 9-0, and Alabama has a defense to be very proud of...but

But you don't see any miracles or luck? How about the MSU receiver dropping what was probably a surefire touchdown pass on 4th & goal? How about MSU fumbling the 2nd half kickoff? How about MSU's quarterback making a bone head mistake to hand you an interception for a TD? Yes, those were true mistakes on the 'Dogs part and not necessarily "miracles", but without them, who wins? I'd say that makes you lucky!

195509[/snapback]

How about the MSU receiver dropping what was probably a surefire touchdown pass on 4th & goal?
I count that one as luck.
How about MSU fumbling the 2nd half kickoff?
There is a difference between fumbling and getting stripped. The ball was stripped, which is taught, so I don't see how that was lucky.
How about MSU's quarterback making a bone head mistake to hand you an interception for a TD?
Again, did he just stand in the pocket and make a bad throw?? No. He was running for his life and made a split second decision to get rid of the football. The int would not of happened if Bama didn't force it by putting a serious pass rush on. Again, if it's forced, I don't see how you can count it luck.

What we have is a team that refuses to lose, and it looks like Destiny is screaming ROLL TIDE!!!!!!! :big:

Archived