Alabama is pitiful

auburnu008

We will kill them. Their offense is worse than Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Kentucky, and just about every other D1 team. Only way they score on anyone is special teams/defense. Look at their games this year. Without the Prothro catch from god they loose to Southern Miss, last second field goal to beat Ole Miss, beat UT with a

mircale fumble in the end zone, beat Arky by 11 which was closer than the score. I think Auburn beats them pretty bad. LSU will also beat them by at least 10 next week. They are NOT a good football TEAM, they have a good defense. I do not think it will be a close game. I can't wait until they come to Jordan Hare. I am so sick of hearing how great they are.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are pitiful. The only reason they are # 4 is because they beat a very overrated UF team handily. Other than that, can any one name anything else impressive that they have done. The game won't be a blowout, though, because their D is still very strong. Unfortunately, they will get beat by LSU, and our chances at the SECG are long gone then.

Unfortunatly we need them to beat LSU and I don't see any way that happens.

Bama looks like crap except for a very good D.

If Alabama plays like they did agains UF they will beat LSU. If they play like they've played every other game, they will lose by 2 TDs.

Does Bama have any back ups on the roster? The starters were in the whole game. Seriously, the whole game. And Bama fans complain about loosing players... Great game by the powerful Bama offense though. Put up a whooping 3 points vs. that dominating Mississippi defense. I am not impressed. They will loose the last 2 games.

Does Bama have any back ups on the roster? The starters were in the whole game. Seriously, the whole game. And Bama fans complain about loosing players... Great game by the powerful Bama offense though. Put up a whooping 3 points vs. that dominating Mississippi defense. I am not impressed. They will loose the last 2 games.

195306[/snapback]

The starters were in the whole game because they are trying to figure out how to score a touchdown before the LSU game. They have seemed to forget that if you run in the endzone, its 6 points.

We're so pitiful, that we havent lost a game all year. Wow, we suck. We may not score a ton, but lord knows we wont give up 27 points to Kentucky.

Didnt florida put up the same amount of points against UK that you guys did?

We're so pitiful, that we havent lost a game all year. Wow, we suck.

195313[/snapback]

Only because every team you have played so far suck worse than 'Bama...

We're so pitiful, that we havent lost a game all year. Wow, we suck. We may not score a ton, but lord knows we wont give up 27 points to Kentucky.

Didnt florida put up the same amount of points against UK that you guys did?

195313[/snapback]

Ohhhhh, good one. See BG, we played pretty much every player we have. If the starters ar in the whole game, maybe we give up 14-17 points. Still not a stellar perfromance, but pretty good.

Let's examine the uat game. 17 points against MSU, of which 14 came against the MSU offense and special teams. You have to be kidding me that you are goin to come on here and flaunt the UK score. 1 TD in 3 games (vs. 2 of the worst D defenses in the league), that's something you need to be worried about. Not 27 points to UK.

This will be settled on the field thankfully.

195313[/snapback]

195314[/snapback]

And remind me the long list of world beaters that AU has beaten this year...please.

195313[/snapback]

195314[/snapback]

And remind me the long list of world beaters that AU has beaten this year...please.

195318[/snapback]

We dropped a close one to LSU and it was heartbreaking. We'll see next week how you stack up against them.

As for the other games we have played against the same opponents:

AU 28 MSU 0

uat 17 MSU 0

AU 48 USC 7

uat 37 USC 14

AU 27 Miss 3

uat 13 Miss 10

AU 34 Ark 17

uat 24 ARK 13

Nov 19 is going to make for a good game and it may come down to turnovers and special teams. I don't think uat will be undefeted, but it would be nice to be able to ruin their perfect season and get the SEC Championship bid with a win.

195313[/snapback]

195314[/snapback]

195318[/snapback]

Unfortunately, even after we win the Iron Bowl, we still will not have beaten a world beater. :P

To tell you the truth, I am so glad this is happening. As much as I hate Bama winning by the skim of their teeth, it is going to be so much fun when we hand them their a$$ in the iron bowl. If both teams play like they have the last 6 weeks or so, we win by at least 2 TDs. Like jared52 posted, i am so thankful this will be decided on the field.

Bama doesn't suck. Their defense is great. Their offense since Prothro went down sucks. One game and it's just needing to make some adjustments. Two games and you get a tad concerned, but now three games (not counting the exhibition against Utah Tech) and it's a pattern. They don't have a consistent playmaker...the guy that can make something happen to change the game and get the offense clicking. The receivers aren't terrible, but they don't cause the opposing defense to adjust their entire scheme to handle any of them the way a defense had to account for Prothro every down. And that's not even counting losing him in the punt return game.

As I've said before, Bama's defense will keep them in just about any game. But that offense is going to cost them a game, maybe two before the year's out.

As I've said before, Bama's defense will keep them in just about any game. But that offense is going to cost them a game, maybe two before the year's out.

That is the best I have heard that put yet.

Bama doesn't suck.  Their defense is great.  Their offense since Prothro went down sucks.  One game and it's just needing to make some adjustments.  Two games and you get a tad concerned, but now three games (not counting the exhibition against Utah Tech) and it's a pattern.  They don't have a consistent playmaker...the guy that can make something happen to change the game and get the offense clicking.  The receivers aren't terrible, but they don't cause the opposing defense to adjust their entire scheme to handle any of them the way a defense had to account for Prothro every down.  And that's not even counting losing him in the punt return game.

As I've said before, Bama's defense will keep them in just about any game.  But that offense is going to cost them a game, maybe two before the year's out.

195327[/snapback]

This is right on the money. I have been saying the same exact thing (only not as elegantly stated as you have done here).

THEY WILL NOT BEAT LSU OR AUBURN WITH FIELD GOALS. That is all there is to it.

Take away the foolish "interception" play where :msu: QB made a horrible decision trying to avoid a sack...and this game is 10-0.

The big question is whether Bama is playing to the level of their competition, or their offense is really just this inept?

Auburn is one of the most underestimated teams in the country right now. I blame it on being in the spotlight early and losing to GA Tech, so everybody thought we suck and pushed us aside. But all year we have been over here quietly building a champion.

Alabama is REALLY struggling on offense and I predict that either they are going to have a breakout game against :lsu: or they are going to get an old fashioned shellacking. This game will not be close and will be a blowout one way or the other.

Reminds me of Ohio State in 02.

Luckily wins with defense/special teams/maricles.

195347[/snapback]

Ive yet to see any miracles or luck. If you dont give up any points, you dont lose. End of story.

And it was obvious today we struggled because of very poor offensive line play. When your center (3 year starter) breaks his leg on the second possesion, and you have to play a converted dlineman at center, it really puts a world of hurt on your schemes. Our drives many times were killed by poor snaps or missed assignments.

And thanks to our defense, we didnt get the ball hardly at all in the 3rd Quarter.

we looked ugly on offense. But losing your starting center will do that.

Honestly, if we keep winning ugly, then so be it. BUt look at teams like UCLA and FSU....they can score points, but they have not been able to win em all.

Reminds me of Ohio State in 02.

Luckily wins with defense/special teams/maricles.

195347[/snapback]

Ive yet to see any miracles or luck. If you dont give up any points, you dont lose. End of story.

And it was obvious today we struggled because of very poor offensive line play. When your center (3 year starter) breaks his leg on the second possesion, and you have to play a converted dlineman at center, it really puts a world of hurt on your schemes. Our drives many times were killed by poor snaps or missed assignments.

And thanks to our defense, we didnt get the ball hardly at all in the 3rd Quarter.

we looked ugly on offense. But losing your starting center will do that.

Honestly, if we keep winning ugly, then so be it. BUt look at teams like UCLA and FSU....they can score points, but they have not been able to win em all.

195353[/snapback]

BG, I agree with you. We are only merely pointing out that alabama's offense has been MIA....I mean, with the talent y'all have on the offensive side of the ball...I would really be looking at my O. Coord. right now with question marks. Imagine your team if it had AN OFFENSE!!! They would be unstoppable!

The playcalling hasnt been bad. Its just that we couldnt afford to lose guys on the oline, and losing closner hurt. We lost sanders (starting right tackle) in the second game. And then our starting center...brodie has zero time. We can get to the 20...but it takes execution to put it in the end zone. And a penalty here or a sack there...and bam we are back at the 35 yd line.

This was the first game that brodie was totally MIA as well. After Closner (his roomate) went down, its almost like he went with him.

Darby looked good today, as did Jimmy Johns. Our WRs FINALLY held on to the ball. But brodie was running for his life.

The LSU game will show us plenty im sure.

Does anybody remember Shula's last year with Tampa Bay? When he was OC? What was the sheet on that team?

Great defense.

Couldn't score if they stuck $100 bills in their helmets and walked naked through The Cathouse.

Read this from an article about Shula's February 2000 firing as Buc offensive coordinator:

Look how close the Bucs came, despite struggling to score more than two TDs per start. Losing an 11-6 heartbender in St. Louis. In five games this season, Tampa Bay went without an offensive touchdown.

Statistics can lie, but in Shula's case the numbers were lethal. Fourth-worst offense in the league, coming up a touchdown shy of making Super Bowl XXXIV. Just one franchise had a worse passing game.

Too predictable.

Too stoppable.

Does that sound familiar?

Archived