Where are their heads

GalensGhost

Al Borges is not a finalist for the Frank Broyles Award, Joe Kines is. Perhaps the voters were still at the buffet line during the first quarter of the AU-AL game when the tale was told. <_<

Marcus McNeill -- an Outland Trophy Finalist -- was not named to the AFCA All American team. Georgia's Max Jean-Gilles -- a fine player, but not Marcus' equal -- was. Perhaps balloting was conducted on which players had the most interesting names. :no:

the Broyles asshatery award this year goes to the Frank Broyles award.

will this be televised?

After the grief he got from Auburn and Arkansas alike there was probably no chance that Auburn would win two years in a row.

..sounds like a rip-off to me!

But Big Al will just have to stick around for a little longer and collect his award after leading us to a national championship! :big:

Amen to everything above. Last year one of the local pundits (Scarbinsky, I think) declared that Borges (and not Chizik, though he was clearly worthy) should have won the Broyles Award "by acclimation" - obviously, that is even more true this year. It seems that the name "Broyles" becomes more and more synonymous with "joke" (or "asshattery," I suppose) by the minute. ;)

On another note, ESPN gave Borges, or at least tried to give Borges his due credit. They showed what they thought were the two best assistants this year, Borges and Gene Chizik. The only problem was that on screen, it showed that Chizik was averaging 49.2 points per game as the Texas OC, and Borges was only giving up 15.9 points per game as the Auburn DC.

Well, at least they tried...

<_<

the fact that Kine's is a finalist proves that this award is worthless and a joke.

His defense was throttled by Auburn and all those cushy stats were put up against

weaker opponents that ALMOST beat them. Miss. St, Ole Miss., Tenn (Brodie logic at work here).

Archived