someone throw some cold water on saunders

CarolinaTiger

man oh man...if you are watching ABC around 8:50pm, he's embarassingly giddy over the matchup the BCS has provided....

he's telling the viewers how they must feel...'you cannot doubt that the 2 best teams are meeting in the rose bowl'....

gee...

Guest Tigrinum Major

Sounds to me that there is still some doubt from last year.

The one good thing that John Saunders has going for him: he isn't Lou Holtz.

That’s about the only thing he has going for him.

Heck it's not just him even the two announcers for the VT/FSU game, some of the comments made by them "No one will doubt they got the right two teams in this year." and I loved "see how well the BCS worked out this year? This is why it was implemented." Sounds like they are trying to convince people to forget the last few years and the mess it caused, just pathetic. :rolleyes:

Is this the same guy that said something along the lines of "This will be the best matchup that I know of since at least the 50's, when ND played someone." I can't remember if I was watching ESPN or ABC at that point, but I couldn't believe they had started up the "This year's national championship game will be better than any other sporting event, past, present and future, in the entire universe" crap that they did last year with USC and OUer-rated.

It really stinks because I have a strong dislike for both teams this year. I tolerated USC, even though I didn't like the 3 or 4 star players' attitude, but I saw little Peter drop a GDMF on TV last week agaisnt the annointed Fresno State and really lost all respect I had for that man. Texas, I just don't like them... never really have. I think I'm going to pull for them though so USC's win streak ends.

Funny you should mention that...at one point today with USC up 59-6 or something, and with no reason to gripe, I saw Carroll yell "What the f was that" at an official. Calm down buddy, you've got 34 straight wins. :no:

saunders was way over the top, IMO...and all the frothing over this year's game simply reinforces the flaws of the system that were brought to light last year and the year before.

craig james called it right...the BCS got lucky this year...nothing more, nothing less.

if PSU wins their game vs. michigan, there would always be that doubt.

also: here's my one gripe against the current pitting of #1 v #2 (as opposed to the way the bowls used to be): the loser will be deemed a loser, despite their having had a great year. it forces 'loser' status on one team.... alas, i'm still for a playoff....

ct

Well, for better or worse, I can honestly say that I have actually told John Saunders that he sucks to his face. Its a long story, but it involved a few too many hurricanes, ABC's broadcast of the Sugar Bowl last year, a few too many hurricanes, a discertation given to Mr. Suanders by yours truly on why the BCS sucks and why ABC and ESPN are it's pawns, a few too many hurricanes, me asking Saunders, since he works for disney, if Mickey Mouse signs his checks, a few too many hurricanes, and a set producer that threatened to call security. That being said, I am sure George Petrie would be very ashamed of me for not living up to the creed, but you guys can all sleep easier now, knowing that Saunders has been properly informed of how much of a joke he is. :P

Well, for better or worse, I can honestly say that I have actually told John Saunders that he sucks to his face.  Its a long story, but it involved a few too many hurricanes, ABC's broadcast of the Sugar Bowl last year, a few too many hurricanes, a discertation given to Mr. Suanders by yours truly on why the BCS sucks and why ABC and ESPN are it's pawns, a few too many hurricanes, me asking Saunders, since he works for disney, if Mickey Mouse signs his checks, a few too many hurricanes, and a set producer that threatened to call security.  That being said, I am sure George Petrie would be very ashamed of me for not living up to the creed, but you guys can all sleep easier now, knowing that Saunders has been properly informed of how much of a joke he is. :P

203531[/snapback]

How was that ride home the next day? :roflol:

:nanner::au::nanner:

Archived