No defining moments

GalensGhost

Watched the stupid "greatest moments" video on ABC at the close of that BCS selection show.

TWO clips of Bama (one of them kicking a FG to beat Ole Miss, the other of the Prothro catch) and not a single one from any Auburn games -- unless you count that bounce off the leg catch they showed of LSU.

I wanted to vomit when that garbage was over.

Watched the stupid "greatest moments" video on ABC at the close of that BCS selection show. 

TWO clips of Bama (one of them kicking a FG to beat Ole Miss, the other of the Prothro catch) and not a single one from any Auburn games -- unless you count that bounce off the leg catch they showed of LSU. 

I wanted to vomit when that garbage was over.

203440[/snapback]

Yeah, you could hear Eli Gold yelling "Bama is six and 0, six and 0... I was thinking big deal!

How in the world do you guys let this stuff get you so hot and bothered? It's NOTHING new....learn to live with it like pretty much most Auburn fans already have. :rolleyes:

yea...ABC doesn't really want anything to do with us. ESPN talked us up a lot on there bowl selection show. I know it's the same company, but they have different audiences.

But look at it this way: How sad is it for the Tide that one of their "defining moments" of the year was needing a late field goal to survive Ole Sis !

:roflol::roflol:

But look at it this way: How sad is it for the Tide that one of their "defining moments" of the year was needing a late field goal to survive Ole Sis !

:roflol:   :roflol:

203469[/snapback]

Yeah, I know. But it's part of the greater overall problem.

WE know that no other SEC team comes close in total wins or SEC wins over the last two seasons. WE know how scary good our team was last season and how close to scary good it is again. But we don't get a shot at USC last year and everybody's okay with it. The computers rank us 15th today. And the BCS passes us over this year without a thought. It's all part of the same problem.

It is really okay to just shrug it off and say "well, it's okay, we know how good AU is"? Maybe it's just me, but I don't think that's acceptable any longer.

203469[/snapback]

WE know that no other SEC team comes close in total wins or SEC wins over the last two seasons. WE know how scary good our team was last season and how close to scary good it is again. But we don't get a shot at USC last year and everybody's okay with it. The computers rank us 15th today. And the BCS passes us over this year without a thought. It's all part of the same problem.

It is really okay to just shrug it off and say "well, it's okay, we know how good AU is"? Maybe it's just me, but I don't think that's acceptable any longer.

203493[/snapback]

It really doesn't matter if we think it is acceptable or not. The ONLY way it will change is for Coach Tuberville and the Auburn Tigers to continue to TAKE their respect from the competition on the FIELD. WINNING, year in and year out, will win the day...eventually.

My two cents. :au:

203469[/snapback]

203493[/snapback]

Well, what do you propose to do about it? This time of year is always anti-climactic for cfb fans in general because of the forced bowl tie-ins and the BCS "selection process." It's a shame too because Div 1-A cfb is one of the truly exciting sports out there and the season usually ends with a not so exciting fizzle. Fo' shizzle. Making do with the best of the situation isn't limited to just AU fans.

How many years in a row do we have to be screwed before people stop being content with it. Next year we're loaded like a M-4 and if we're not careful we're gonna be talking again how much it stinks we're not in a BCS game or worse the National Championship game. We go 22-2 in our last 24 and no one cares...Bama starts off 6-0 and its something incredible. There has to be something we can do that will keep us from being constant whipping boys...ugh, i'm annoyed

How in the world do you guys let this stuff get you so hot and bothered?  It's NOTHING new....learn to live with it like pretty much most Auburn fans already have.  :rolleyes:

203460[/snapback]

This is why I found it odd that AU fans were complaining about LSU fans whining. I think we both have our share of fans that whine about the media. It was interesting to see AU fans whining about how much LSU fans were whining. LSU fans were whining and this resulted in AU fans whining about the whining. :)

How in the world do you guys let this stuff get you so hot and bothered?  It's NOTHING new....learn to live with it like pretty much most Auburn fans already have.  :rolleyes:

203460[/snapback]

This is why I found it odd that AU fans were complaining about LSU fans whining. I think we both have our share of fans that whine about the media. It was interesting to see AU fans whining about how much LSU fans were whining. LSU fans were whining and this resulted in AU fans whining about the whining. :)

203510[/snapback]

That made perfect sense. :rolleyes:

Have fun in the Peach. ;)

How in the world do you guys let this stuff get you so hot and bothered?  It's NOTHING new....learn to live with it like pretty much most Auburn fans already have.   :rolleyes:

203460[/snapback]

203510[/snapback]

I don't see it as whining. Just observing the situation.

I'm not sure what can be done. I only know that shrugging it off as inevitable only ensures that it will continue.

How many years in a row do we have to be screwed before people stop being content with it. Next year we're loaded like a M-4 and if we're not careful we're gonna be talking again how much it stinks we're not in a BCS game or worse the National Championship game. We go 22-2 in our last 24 and no one cares...Bama starts off 6-0 and its something incredible. There has to be something we can do that will keep us from being constant whipping boys...ugh, i'm annoyed

203505[/snapback]

As wierd as it may sound, I believe that CTT has been working on that for several months now. As long as the Tigers continue on their current track (24-2), the winning combined with the more "national" Under Armor coverage of the team should get the Auburn name out there a lot more in the near future.

I for one am excited that not only is there an ESPN prime time matchup to start the year, but maybe while there are other great games going on during the season, the fans will see CTT and possibly Stanley McClover (Brodie's worst nightmare) 15-20 times during those games. That should at least do a little to trump the ESPN "all USC all the time" programming...

I can't believe someone gets their panties in a wad over how many 2 second clips we get in an ABC highlight film. I don't think any of the clips were from late season games anyhow. Look at the good stuff guys:

1. We are the highest ranked SEC team

2. We beat the SEC Champs

3. We can finish in the Top 5 for the second year in a row

4. We are going to a good bowl game in sunny Florida

5. We are AUBURN and it's great to be an Auburn Tiger

And oh yeah,

We just beat bama 4 in a row.........28-18

War Eagle

:cheer::cheer::au::au:

I caught one that I think CBS did and they had BC to Aromado with Rod Bramblett's call blaring. That was pretty cool. One thing that might factor into it is they may have been doing clips mainly from games ABC carried. Didn't see the one this thread's about so I'm just throwing that out there as a possibility. I know we only saw some JP and ESPN love til' the end of the season.

I caught one that I think CBS did and they had BC to Aromado with Rod Bramblett's call blaring.  That was pretty cool.  One thing that might factor into it is they may have been doing clips mainly from games ABC carried.  Didn't see the one this thread's about so I'm just throwing that out there as a possibility.  I know we only saw some JP and ESPN love til' the end of the season.

203600[/snapback]

Good points but.....ABC owns ESPN so they coulds easily get clips if they wanted them.

has anyone else felt like we were in the twilight zone the last couple of weeks? I watched the ESPN bowl selection show and all Herbstreit could talk about was how great Auburn was, and how we were the best SEC Team and etc...... I thought that maybe i had been doing a little drinky poo :drink1::D

203469[/snapback]

203493[/snapback]

It really doesn't matter if we think it is acceptable or not. The ONLY way it will change is for Coach Tuberville and the Auburn Tigers to continue to TAKE their respect from the competition on the FIELD. WINNING, year in and year out, will win the day...eventually.

My two cents. :au:

203499[/snapback]

Winning alone, won't do it. We are going to have to start blowing people out. We should have hung 50 on UAT. The LSU debacle alone, cost us a shot at the BCS, SEC, and maybe more. Some decisions, and executions, are not happening for Auburn. Yes, another 10 win season will be great...IF we beat Wisconsin. Even if we do beat them, we have only beaten a barely ranked team (21?) We have to win the bowl and win BIG!! ESPN is already sayin git is the biggest mis-match of the bowl season. CTT cannot afford to let up on Alverez this time,even if he is retiring. A top five finish, and pre-seaon top-5 ranking are waiting IF we do what we are capable of! :au:

Archived