Leak files NFL papers

quietfan

http://www.fanblogs.com/florida/006209.php

Probably means nothing—I think most college juniors with any ability test the waters by having their likely draft prospects evaluated.

On the other hand, if he doesn’t fit Urban Meyer’s system, has been unhappy & beat up all year, and knows Tim Tebow is coming in (along with Portis in place), would his draft prospects improve any by waiting a year ….?

Conversely, if Leak leaves, will that seal the deal with Tebow?

http://www.fanblogs.com/florida/006209.php

Probably means nothing—I think most college juniors with any ability test the waters by having their likely draft prospects evaluated.

On the other hand, if he doesn’t fit Urban Meyer’s system, has been unhappy & beat up all year, and knows Tim Tebow is coming in (along with Portis in place), would his draft prospects improve any by waiting a year ….?

Conversely, if Leak leaves, will that seal the deal with Tebow?

203575[/snapback]

I think Leak going pro would seal the deal with Tebow. However, Tebow is supposed to make his decision in about a week, long before Leak makes a decision. The best evidence that Tebow is going to Fla. is the bama spin machine is already starting to rationalize it and Smelley will soon be their first choice after all (if Spurrier doesn't get him first). :D

Well, a Gator friend just told me this morning that Leak & his dad have said it was mostly for insurance purposes. I dont have a link for quoting them on that, though. As I said earlier, however, it's not unusual for any junior to have his chances evaluated. And if buying insurance, it would certainly help to have a fair appraisal of the merchandise.

I've noticed Bama boards saying more about Smelley lately also. I think Tebow would certainly have a better college career going to Florida--and Smelley would do better playing for Spurrier. I'd love the reaction from the Bama faithful if they lost out on both Tebow AND Smelley. But of course, they have "Heisman candidate" JP Wilson, who would have won the Iron Bowl for them had he played the whole game, right? <_<

Well, a Gator friend just told me this morning that Leak & his dad have said it was mostly for insurance purposes.  I dont have a link for quoting them on that, though.  As I said earlier, however, it's not unusual for any junior to have his chances evaluated.  And if buying insurance, it would certainly help to have a fair appraisal of the merchandise.

I've noticed Bama boards saying more about Smelley lately also.  I think Tebow would certainly have a better college career going to Florida--and Smelley would do better playing for Spurrier.  I'd love the reaction from the Bama faithful if they lost out on both Tebow AND Smelley.  But of course, they have "Heisman candidate" JP Wilson, who would have won the Iron Bowl for them had he played the whole game, right? <_<

203683[/snapback]

Don't forget Jimmy Johns who would be starting anywhere else at QB, but decided to come to Alabama as a running back just because of their tradishun. :poke:

Archived