Is the first domino about to fall?

Guest Tigrinum Major

Guest Tigrinum Major

ESPN and the Denver Post are reporting that Gary Barnett is out at Colorado. Seems everyone forgot to tell Barnett. If true (and it probably is,) this could have send seismic ripples all over the country.

ESPN Info

Corroboration from Denver Post

This is bigger than the KSU and SDSU jobs coming open. Colorado is in pretty good shape despite the recruiting problems that befell them a few years ago. A good coach could succeed here. But it needs to be someone accustomed to high expectations and pressure, not a Big Ten cellar dweller coach like Barnett was before he had some good seasons at Northwestern. He was never a good choice to lead the Buffs.

Guest Tigrinum Major

That is propoganda being spewed forth from supporters of The Other White Meat. The woopig contigent is foaming at the mouth to see Nutt leave.

Don't look for it to happen.

There are other, more pressing, issues to be concerned with in regards to any rumors about a replacement that we will hear within the next few days.

As far as candidates go, if I were the Buffs, why not look at the DC of the team that just throttled you in the Big XII (does anyone else think "clock" when they see this conference name?) Championship Game? The one that has produced a defense that has been on the winning side of the field, oh, about 27 straight times now...just a thought.

Note to self: Join Colorado message board, make up cute name like "buffalo bob" and start "Borges for Headcoach" campaign.

Guest Tigrinum Major
Note to self:  Join Colorado message board, make up cute name like "buffalo bob" and start "Borges for Headcoach" campaign.

204298[/snapback]

That's fine. I would rather other schools covet our coaches.

Don't worry, I won't go undercover to campaign for Rader for the position. He's fine right where he is.

:big:

How are tricks in Gadrock?

Archived