Wisconsin, calling Cope out

TigerOne

From The Huntsville Timeshttp://www.al.com/sports/huntsvilletimes/index.ssf?/base/sports/1135678621242560.xml&coll=1

Junior center Joe Cope, who missed the victory over Alabama with a sprained ankle, arrived to discover he was being openly questioned by Wisconsin defensive line coach Joe Palermo.

Palermo told The Wisconsin State Journal that he believes the Badgers, giving up more than 432.7 yards and 24.9 points per game, match up well with Auburn's offense, the Southeastern Conference leader in scoring (34.2 points per game) and yards (425.6 per game).

He pointed specifically to Cope, a walk-on who started Auburn's first 10 games.

"The center, point of attack, I think we can do some things with him," Palermo said.

Cope, listed at 6-feet, 276 pounds, shrugged it off. He is expected to start against the Badgers.

"People have said that all year," Cope said. "They are big and strong and I know they are going to try to muscle me around. That's how it is every game."

If Cope wasn't offended, senior nose guard Tommy Jackson was.

"He (Palermo) will be sadly mistaken," Jackson said. "Joe is not one you take like that. This is a guy I line up against every day. He's gotten better and better. He's one of the better centers we have in this conference. He's whipped people all year. He's gone against (LSU's) Kyle Williams, all the guys at Georgia, a lot of great players.

"I give a lot of respect to Joe. The guy plays hard and he's a dang good football player. You can take Joe Cope lightly if you want to, but you'll be in trouble."

Palermo put his four starters from last season into the NFL.

To the best of my knowledge he's never had a five star D-line recruit (couple of four stars) and yet has at least four first round NFL draft choices in about eight years as UW D-line coach.

Since he and incoming UW head coach, Bret Bielema, did not see eye to eye, he's leaving UW which will be a major loss, IMO.

Some lucky team is going to be getting a good one.

207072[/snapback]

We put our entire backfield into the FIRST round of the NFL only to come back and lead the league in scoring.

Auburn will win and win big. :thumbsup:

207072[/snapback]

We put our entire backfield into the FIRST round of the NFL only to come back and lead the league in scoring.

Auburn will win and win big. :thumbsup:

207220[/snapback]

Numa has a point...Auburn will have many of them on Jan 2 as well...

He obviously didn't read "Don't Run Your Mouth or You Get B*&@# Slapped" by Reggie Herring

*Note:

15 Oct 05 - @ Arkansas

436 Total Yards

233 Rushing (4.48 ypc)

203 Passing

I don't think he intended for this to get to Orlando. However, now that it has, AU can take this as a personal challenge. He is as reported though, a great DL coach.

To the best of my knowledge he's never had a five star D-line recruit (couple of four stars) and yet has at least four first round NFL draft choices in about eight years as UW D-line coach.

Since he and incoming UW head coach, Bret Bielema, did not see eye to eye, he's leaving UW which will be a major loss, IMO.

Some lucky team is going to be getting a good one.

207072[/snapback]

A good one with a big mouth. Hope he gives us some more bulletin board material.

Having lived several years in Wisonsin, I can tell you it's not a long shot that every cheeshead fan coming to the game...and most of the coaches and players...think we're a bunch of cross-buring hicks that just fell off the turnip wagon. Penn Satate was the same way before we handed there collective a$$es to them (including their loud mouth RB). Palermo probably doesn't give a rip what Cope or the rest of us think of his stupidity.

Jeff Foxworthy said it well when he talked about being called a hick at a comedy club in Detroit. Seems this club was next to a bowling alley that had valet parking. "I know what I am, but a bowling alley w/ valet parking? Do ya'll know what you are?"

The AU O-line will NOT be a weak link in this game. Just a side bar of "coach speak" to get the juices flowing. I hope Joe Cope feels that he has something to prove. NEVER challenge a walk on that has EARNED a starting spot. This could be FUN! :au:

p.s. Jonathan Palmer is not a bad alternative either. :D

Yeah...Wisconsin's defense is gonna "do some things" with Auburns offense ...just like they did with NORTHWESTERN'S...and give up half a hundred.

idiots.

I hope AU whups some ass in Floreydah.

Having lived several years in Wisonsin, I can tell you it's not a long shot that every cheeshead fan coming to the game...and most of the coaches and players...think we're a bunch of cross-buring hicks that just fell off the turnip wagon. Penn Satate was the same way before we handed there collective a$$es to them (including their loud mouth RB). Palermo probably doesn't give a rip what Cope or the rest of us think of his stupidity.

Jeff Foxworthy said it well when he talked about being called a hick at a comedy club in Detroit. Seems this club was next to a bowling alley that had valet parking. "I know what I am, but a bowling alley w/ valet parking? Do ya'll know what you are?"

207725[/snapback]

thats funny, Wisconsin is supposed to be what? the center of civilization and the football world. Wisconsin fits this definition, the buffet state:

Big Ugly Fat Folks Eating Together,

All you yanks, don't come to our part of the world with your arrogant attitude,

we know how to handle football jerks, just ask uat.

In reality most Wisconsin fans will be most cordial.

207725[/snapback]

thats funny, Wisconsin is supposed to be what? the center of civilization and the football world. Wisconsin fits this definition, the buffet state:

Big Ugly Fat Folks Eating Together,

All you yanks, don't come to our part of the world with your arrogant attitude,

we know how to handle football jerks, just ask uat.

Well, getting back to reality - I went to the Music City Bowl 2 years ago. Wisconsin fans are friendly and well mannered. They were a great crowd. There are a few losers in any fan base, ours included. But, the cheeseheads are top notch people and fans overall. Don't judge the bunch by one or two idiots. Now, don't get me wrong, they do wear animal heads and stuff, eat funny looking food, etc. But they are still good folks.

In reality most Wisconsin fans will be most cordial.

207761[/snapback]

AU will kick their ass.

UW is over-rated

207362[/snapback]

Pleast don't say that. If I remember correctly, the last time you said something to that effect, we were about to play Georgia Tech.

Now lets hear your real prediction of us losing ;)

Archived