Fiutak's Final Cavalcade of Whimsy for the season

Guest Tigrinum Major

Guest Tigrinum Major

Fiutak's Cavalcade of Whimsy

Hate him (I do) or not, he is mildly funny and makes some good points. Can't CFN hire Kevin Strickland?

Nope, don't come looking here for a single ounce of pity for Vick or Clarett, and a "get over yourself" goes out to anyone who blames "the system." Vick has had everything handed to him from God-given athletic ability to a superstar older brother to learn from to not having to worry about money again for the rest of his existence to first round NFL talent that just needs to be honed. Clarett might have been given some horrendous advice, but too bad. Two words for both of you, if you're looking to do something constructive, regarding your future career choices if you like to play with guns: I, Raq. 

<snip>

Brett Favre

Stay. Go. Whatever.

Feel free to ignore or opine.

Shrugging off one of the greatest QB's of all time might take guts, but doing it with 3 words and no comments is just trying to stir the pot and not caring who knows it. Aside from that, he did have a few good points and a few others that were simply to keep you from realizing that the writer might know a little about football. Some of my favorite (and his most accurate) comments:

The media tends to fawn all over the star of the moment. It was stunning how many in the media, mostly the sportswriters who don't really watch college football, were shocked when they finally watched Vince Young. I'm not saying Reggie Bush wasn't deserving of the Heisman, but the post-Rose Bowl coverage goes to show that no one saw Young play this year outside of the Ohio State game that seemed to happen eons ago.

The NFL has become a stunningly dull product with bad football being played week-in-and-week-out with no real meaning or point for anyone other than gamblers and fantasy football players. Triple that sentiment for week 17 of the NFL season when it's played on January 1st.

And, speeding up the late night bowl games, terrible announcers littering CFB, and the silence of Keith Jackson speaking volumes.

kj

Archived