Very Interesting read

DKW 86

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/stor...ivan&id=2295104

Five that thrive

1. Auburn: The Tigers lose defensive lineman Stanley McGlover, but the decision of All-SEC tailback Kenny Irons to return is unusual, simply because three of the five juniors who finished ahead of him in rushing decided to leave early. With three returning starters on the offensive line, plus a steady quarterback in junior-to-be Brandon Cox, Irons has what he needs to leave a national footprint next fall. On defense, second-team All-SEC safety Will Herring made the smart choice and did not declare for the NFL.

the only thing i found interesting in that article was how inCREDibly wrong all the information. he's clearly got an internet connection or else he'd have trouble submitting his article. as such, there's no excuse in screwing up the simple research he's gotten wrong. FOR EXAMPLE:

1. USC has 5 returning starters back next season ON DEFENSE ALONE. they have three to four starters returning on offense depending on how you count the center that he included. maisel says he's a returning starter, but he only started part of the season after an injury. so i don't know what the hell he's talking about on that one.

nothing else jumped out at me as being incredibly wrong in the next four then we come to:

1 Auburn: stanley's name is not mcglover. it's McClover. McClover. M-c-C-l-o-v-e-r. ivan, you used to cover the sec for a living. and i reiterate, YOU HAVE THE INTERNET. there is no excuse in getting a player's name wrong especially when he's the sole reason for writing the paragraph that you're writing.

5. How did FSU come out a winner? am i missing this? they lost every junior on the roster that had a shot at the nfl. are they a loser in the process? no, b/c they've been prepared for losing sims and cromartie didn't start a game this year, but how in the heck does being prepared for major losses make them a WINNER in the whole process? that makes no sense at all. all it means is they didn't lose bigger than they expected.

that article was almost bad enough to make me sue maisel for the opportunity costs lost in the time it took me to read it. instead i just vented on a message board.

Also, Ivan, I don't think Kenny ever seriously considered leaving early--it was his brother David that gave it serious thought and got the big press over the decision.

Misail..... yeah, if he can't spell, neither can I..... has always been a joke. I really don't see how he has been allowed to collect a paycheck this long for writing that garbage.

Of course, we've all worked with someone whose incompetence seems obvious to everyone but the boss; maybe that is the case. Or maybe he has incriminating pictures or relatives in high places; nothing else explains how someone who does his job so poorly survives, much less thrives!

Didn't know Herring even was a consideration for early departure - maybe Ivan the Terrible was wrong there too? About Ernie Sims leaving FSU - if only he had come to Auburn, we could now re-retire Bo's number! :lol:

Archived