Arky LB faces charges

Guest Tigrinum Major

Guest Tigrinum Major

This type of thing is not confined to our state borders:

Link-A-Dink

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Arkansas reserve linebacker Matt Stoltz faces a driving-while-intoxicated charge after he was arrested and then released on bond, according to police.

In addition to the DWI charge, the 19-year-old Stoltz faces a charge of careless and prohibited driving. Both charges are misdemeanors.

Arkansas coach Houston Nutt declined to comment.

Police reports say Stoltz was stopped at 3:08 a.m. Friday after officers observed careless driving. According to the reports, Stoltz failed field sobriety tests and later registered a blood-alcohol level of 0.18 percent. Arkansas law defines a driver as drunk with a blood-alcohol level of 0.08 percent or greater.

Stoltz, a sophomore, transferred to Arkansas from LSU last spring and did not play for the Razorbacks this season.

Stupid, stupid, STUPID. As I have told my daughters, and No I am not stupid enough to think that they are college students and have never had a drop of alcohol, DO NOT DRIVE while having had a drink or drinking. DO NOT get into a car with anyone whom you think may have had a drink. That just about does it. :no:

Archived