The lamest Super Bowl?

auwallace

the media storyline is that jerome bettis is coming back home to detroit. This has got to be the lamest super bowl of all time, or is it?

cowboys vs whomever

215753[/snapback]

Hey...watch it bub. The Cowboys have more Super Bowl titles and more appearances than anyone. Besides, both Cowboys-Steelers matchups in the 70s were absolute classics, even if the bad guys won.

The Cowboys have more Super Bowl titles and more appearances than anyone.

Hmm.... what does this remind me of?... I just can't put my finger on it...

Even though there is very little to hype this game up, I think this is going to be a pretty good game - 2 good O's against 2 good D's. Maybe ESPN and ABC should start focusing on the game itself instead of Jerome Bettis going to Detroit, and they could generate more hype.

As for the lamest, I agree with the guy above... the Giants and Ravens a few years back stunk pretty bad.

The Cowboys have more Super Bowl titles and more appearances than anyone.

Hmm.... what does this remind me of?... I just can't put my finger on it...

Even though there is very little to hype this game up, I think this is going to be a pretty good game - 2 good O's against 2 good D's. Maybe ESPN and ABC should start focusing on the game itself instead of Jerome Bettis going to Detroit, and they could generate more hype.

As for the lamest, I agree with the guy above... the Giants and Ravens a few years back stunk pretty bad.

215766[/snapback]

this years SB will be good i think, two good running backs vs. two good D's.

Oakland-TB ('02 season) and Chargers-49ers ('94 season) were also snoozers in every sense of the word...Giants-Ravens is up there, too.

There have been lots of SBs that were expected to be good, but ended up being terrible...there was a serious run on blowouts from the mid '80s to the mid '90s (38-9, 38-16, 46-10, 39-20, 42-10, 20-16, 55-10, 20-19, 37-24, 52-17, 30-13, 49-26).

Hopefully this one will be kinda like the Titans-Rams SB...not a whole lot of hoopla about that one going in, but ended up having one of the most dramatic endings in SB history.

the media storyline is that jerome bettis is coming back home to detroit.  This has got to be the lamest super bowl of all time, or is it?

215749[/snapback]

This is it...most lame ever! Not sure I'm even going to watch.... Is it Spring yet???

:au::homer:

cowboys vs whomever

215753[/snapback]

Hey...watch it bub. The Cowboys have more Super Bowl titles and more appearances than anyone. Besides, both Cowboys-Steelers matchups in the 70s were absolute classics, even if the bad guys won.

215762[/snapback]

" Oh Jackie Smith, He's got to be the sickest man in America!"

Sounds as if you're a Cowboys fan. I was very young when the Pitt. and Dall. met in those Super Bowls. My brother grew up a Dallas fan and I a Steelers fan.

SwaanpitSB.jpgLambertpit.jpg

I spent last summer working almost every day at Comerica Ballpark which is right across the street from Ford Field

WOW!

How can they have the Super Bowl there? It is ghettos....EVERYWHERE

Archived