Tony Bell Leaving?

Proud Tiger

He's barely gotten to play. I wouldn't be surprised if this were true...really doubt he'll be going to another SEC school though.

Bell leaving would be a blow to our DB depth. He was a star in the 2004 class and rated the top prospect in Alabama and one of the top safties in the country.

I wouldn't be surprised. We havn't given Bell much of an opportunity to prove anything.

If Bell is leaving, then I've got to commend him for still committing himself to this team. I just read an article the other day (after Hawthorne committed) where Hawthorne stated that he talked to Tony Bell (he played against him in HS appearently) before committing and Bell really put in a good word about our program. He could have easily talked about how he hasn't gotten any playing time etc. but chose not to.

I wish that we could keep Bell and give him atleast an opportunity to play. Our Safety play was really mediocre this past season and I dont see why our coaching staff didn't give any of our backups a chance to atleast play, especially Bell considering that he has amazing physical skills at the safety position.

Bell leaving would be a blow? Come on man, when was the last time Bell saw good amounts of PT besides special teams? Bell is good, I'll give you that. But it's his attitude that is the problem. Alabaster has produced some good athletes - but they all have attitude problems.

The coaches have Tony at FS which is probably a better position for him considering his athletic ability, and he is behind an All-SEC starter in Herring.

Bell leaving would be a blow?  Come on man, when was the last time Bell saw good amounts of PT besides special teams?  Bell is good, I'll give you that.  But it's his attitude that is the problem.  Alabaster has produced some good athletes - but they all have attitude problems. 

216940[/snapback]

Until I see something official, my position is that the rumor is bogus. Shouldn't have been continued here. No need to start jamming on the kid.

If the question was proposed to me at the beginning of 2005 season my answer would have been the same. If Bell decides to stay on and doesn't change his attitude, my answer will still be the same. I've posted this same type thing in other threads talking about our safety positions.

Herring played decent this year but Brock, Pitts, and another S were not very good. They should poor effort tackling especially in the bowl game. Bell needs more playing time he always plays hard on special teams.

Bell is a good player. Wasn't he having some problems with his education? I hope he hangs in there. I think he will benefit us, and I know an AU degree will benefit him.

I would tend to think that this could be a case of a personality conflict with Gibbs (maybe another reason he is gone).

While Tony doesn't seem to be playing up to his potential right now, I feel as though a new DC may be the cure. He seemed to do well on special teams when he was working with Eddie Gran.

I think a person with his talent should be given every opportunity to excel. I would hate to see us lose him.

Bell leaving would be a blow to our DB depth. He was a star in the 2004 class and rated the top prospect in Alabama and one of the top safties in the country.

216924[/snapback]

That's why you shouldn't get too concerned with ranking recruits or classes. If he was the top prospect that year, how in the world can he not play ahead of some of the guys in our secondary now?

This personality conflict thing seems to be Gibbs' modus operandi. As much as I wanted to see him get some more time to get a defense to gel, it might be a blessing in disguise that he is going back to the NFL.

Ahemmm...

THE RULES:

4) Leave the Players Alone. They are 18-22 year old kids. If they sometime act like kids, hey, thats what they do. If they have an off day, give them some grace. If you talk about a situation, I would refer to positions. Saying that the "WRs underperformed." That is very different from saying "Joe Smith sucks!"

5) No "unsubstantiated" rumors. Rule of thumb, if you dont have a link for it, dont post it. Keeps the Blue Sky to a minimum. Even if you site from another Forum, that is okay. Just dont hallucinate new rumors. We are not Tider Insider.

Ahemmm...
THE RULES:

4) Leave the Players Alone. They are 18-22 year old kids. If they sometime act like kids, hey, thats what they do. If they have an off day, give them some grace. If you talk about a situation, I would refer to positions. Saying that the "WRs underperformed." That is very different from saying "Joe Smith sucks!"

5) No "unsubstantiated" rumors. Rule of thumb, if you dont have a link for it, dont post it. Keeps the Blue Sky to a minimum. Even if you site from another Forum, that is okay. Just dont hallucinate new rumors. We are not Tider Insider.

217072[/snapback]

Good point. Editing to follow.

Ahemmm...
THE RULES:

217072[/snapback]

If this is aimed in any way at me for starting the thread, I ask that you read it again. I said I had read the rumor on another board and hoped it wasn't true. I didn't bash any player. GG, with all due respect I think you should review some of your own posts before passing judgement on others.

Ahemmm...
THE RULES:

217072[/snapback]

Ahemmm...

Nowhere did I put him, or the others down. I just said why did he never play? My point being: all this hoopla over recruiting is way over-rated. You cannot predict what a player will do 3,4, and 5 years down the road. If he was gogin to be as good as predicted, he should have had no problem getting playing time.

I don't think it was aimed at you either, 7.

As GG said, it was for the posts about Bell having an attitude problem. That may be. I don't have a clue but what the rules are there for is to call for some legitimate backup to a claim like that. Otherwise, it's just rumor and bashing a kid when it may be completely unfounded.

As GG said, it was for the posts about Bell having an attitude problem.  That may be.  I don't have a clue but what the rules are there for is to call for some legitimate backup to a claim like that.  Otherwise, it's just rumor and bashing a kid when it may be completely unfounded.

217194[/snapback]

Thanks.

As GG said, it was for the posts about Bell having an attitude problem.  That may be.  I don't have a clue but what the rules are there for is to call for some legitimate backup to a claim like that.  Otherwise, it's just rumor and bashing a kid when it may be completely unfounded.

217194[/snapback]

Thanks.

217206[/snapback]

Confirmed. There was a post in this thread that has since been edited that Ifelt was out of character for this site. Wasn't PT or A7.

Now what was that my grandmother told me about "bit dogs hollering.... " :lol:

hint: for those of you unable to recognize it, this is subtle sarcasm masquerading as an attempt at humor.

217194[/snapback]

Thanks.

217206[/snapback]

Confirmed. There was a post in this thread that has since been edited that Ifelt was out of character for this site. Wasn't PT or A7.

Now what was that my grandmother told me about "bit dogs hollering.... " :lol:

hint: for those of you unable to recognize it, this is subtle sarcasm masquerading as an attempt at humor.

217210[/snapback]

It followed one of my posts, that is why I responded.

Archived