So, another signing day has come and gone.

AURaptor

Were position needs met ? Were holes filled ? Will players make the grade?

216938[/snapback]

It was a pretty good day all around and not just for Auburn.

Florida is happy because they signed the "number one class"

Georgia is happy because they signed more Top 100 players than anybody but USC

LSU is happy because they have yet another Top 10 class. They haven't figured out that Miles isn't Saban's long-lost twin.

Auburn is happy because they finished strong, filled some holes with kids with real potential and finished with a Top Ten Class. Tiger fans have seen what this coaching staff can do with classes rated in the low teens and twenties.

Alabama is happy because Andre put on a houndstooth, thus giving them yet another moral victory -- the thing they now cherish most. Finishing behind AU overall is obscured in the glee over landing a kid who was never going anywhere else no matter who was the head coach at UA.

Ole Miss is happy because Ed Orgeron has given them hope. He'll crush that hope like a bug soon enough, but for now, they can strut around like they just bagged the head majorette. They'll find out about her "issues" later.

Arkansas is happy, well, because they don't know any better. They're always happy up there.

South Carolina is happy because they still have Spurrier and you better not forget it. Who gives a rat's rectal hair about recruiting then you have Spurrier. He can take a deaf, dumb and blind kid and make him play a mean football.

I guess everybody else is cheesed off. Don't recall hearing much of anything about the recruiting classes at MSU, Vandy, Tennessee or Kentucky.

I guess everybody else is cheesed off. Don't recall hearing much of anything about the recruiting classes at MSU, Vandy, Tennessee or Kentucky.

based upon each team's normal standards:

MSU :thumbsup: , landed Chasman Davis and R. Odom plus two good RBs

Vandy :thumbsup: ,managed to steal an OL from UGA and landed some speedy skill players

UT :thumbsdown: Vol fans cannot be happy, Jac McClendon and the QB from Texas made their class

UK :thumbsup: instant help on defense w/ Micah, Minton, and Peters

I think we did better than pretty good. I'd say we did excellent. Top 10 classes according to Rivals and Scout. One 5-star and FOURTEEN 4-star kids and they were in areas we needed. We ended up with the #2 WR and #2 DT classes in the nation, plus we got some good looking OL (two 4-stars and one 3-star).

I think we did better than pretty good.  I'd say we did excellent.  Top 10 classes according to Rivals and Scout.  One 5-star and FOURTEEN 4-star kids and they were in areas we needed.  We ended up with the #2 WR and #2 DT classes in the nation, plus we got some good looking OL (two 4-stars and one 3-star).

216952[/snapback]

Star rankings aside, don't our linemen seem a bit average in the height / weight department? I know those 2 things aren't an indicator to athletic ability , speed, strength, or ability to stay academically qualified, but still, just an observation.

Also, who do we expect to see making plays first ? Who is likely to get RS ?

It's hard to be disappointed with a top 10 class. Do notice, however, that 3 other teams in our conference were rated higher. They generally have been rated higher in the past along with Tennessee. Then consider how we have done against those higher ranked teams. CTT is doing a great job folks. We may lose a game here or there, but he is still "building" and it is just going to get better and better. WAR DAMN EAGLE!

I think this class is an A+. The main thing to remember is that five star ratings bring five star egos. Too many of them seem to be a cancer within the program.

The staff filled the specific needs that were needed. If you look at this class as an entire unit, it fits in perfectly with the existing players. We simply reloaded this year.

It's hard to be disappointed with a top 10 class.  Do notice, however, that 3 other teams in our conference were rated higher.  They generally have been rated higher in the past along with Tennessee.  Then consider how we have done against those higher ranked teams.  CTT is doing a great job folks.  We may lose a game here or there, but he is still "building" and it is just going to get better and better.  WAR DAMN EAGLE!

216997[/snapback]

Correct a mundo...they are almost ALWAYS rated higher in recruiting...and with the exception of LS_who, with whom we about break even, we beat the rest of them on the field on a regular basis. Silly experts! :)

:au::homer:

Were position needs met ? Were holes filled ? Will players make the grade?

216938[/snapback]

Arkansas is happy, well, because they don't know any better. They're always happy up there.

216941[/snapback]

Arkansas is happy because they are taking the entire football team from Sprindale H.S. and making them incoming freshmen.

Give Yox a year or so and then we will talk. He and his guys do wonders for the kids.

216959[/snapback]

Knox is not going to take a 6 footer and make him 6-8, 350 pounds. Our linemen look like a high school team at Tiger Walk. Hopefully this will change soon. They were blown out by UW lines, who were not only "strong and fast" but much, much, bigger.

Archived