Ode to Coach Tuberville

Auburn Seer

I don't know how he convinced Muschamp to go from Assistant Head Coach/Defensive Coordinator of the Dolphins with his best bud Saban where he could easily find a head coaching job to Auburn defensive coordinator.

Wow.

We have an awesome coaching staff. I hope it stays intact for a loooooooong time.

Amen! But wasnt mushcamp allready on his way out at The Dolphins?

I just hope we can keep him for a while cause theres gunna be alot of school wanting him to be a head coach.

I don't know how he convinced Muschamp to go from Assistant Head Coach/Defensive Coordinator of the Dolphins with his best bud Saban where he could easily find a head coaching job to Auburn defensive coordinator.

Wow.

We have an awesome coaching staff. I hope it stays intact for a loooooooong time.

217688[/snapback]

I agree. CTT is developing a "dream team". I'd be willing to bet nearly every HC in America would kill for this staff.

CTT's biggest recruiting job will be keeping it together

Our coaching staff was already outstanding....The Muschamp hire pushes us over the top. We now likely have the BEST coaching staff from top to bottom in the SEC, maybe in the country with this hire...

Boy is everybody as anxious to start 2006 now as I am??? We could be in for some very special times ahead.....

:au::au:

:big: I think this is the best time ever to be an Auburn fan. Stat can you look up the best 3 year average in the past 50 years I think Auburn is about to make history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our coaching staff was already outstanding....The Muschamp hire pushes us over the top.  We now likely have the BEST coaching staff from top to bottom in the SEC, maybe in the country with this hire...

Boy is everybody as anxious to start 2006 now as I am???  We could be in for some very special times ahead.....

:au:   :au:

217799[/snapback]

Gotta like what he's saying about his new job:

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/huntsvill...5480.xml&coll=1

"Auburn is a special place," Muschamp said. "Playing at Georgia and playing Auburn every year, you understand a little bit more about the place. They were a team that always played hard. In my time there, I understood a little bit what the Auburn family is about, what it's like to coach in the Iron Bowl and be a part of that great tradition. It's just a special place."

Muschamp said he heard about the Auburn job from offensive line coach Hugh Nall and tight ends coach Steve Ensminger, both personal friends. He told them he was interested, and things moved rapidly.

"It's the kind of place you can go and coach and be there for a long time," Muschamp said. "That's what I was looking at. Last night, we were able to finalize everything with Coach (Tommy) Tuberville once David made the decision he was going to leave."

Tuberville, who said he talked to three other candidates, said Muschamp has all the qualities for which he was looking.

"Will is an excellent teacher as well as an excellent recruiter," Tuberville said. "Talking to some of my coaches the last couple of days, Will is very well-versed in what he's done on the recruiting trail. He's worked here. He's coached in the SEC. He's been a coordinator on the college level and the pro level. That was my criteria, but they are very hard to find."

1. If he's already good friends with Nall & Ensminger, sounds like he'll fit into the staff just fine.

2. Hope he is planning to be here for a long time!

I guess hanging out with Ronny Brown for a season made him want to spend his time with a bunch of real Tigers instead of those faux ones from Louisiana.

Once again CTT (that's CEO Tommy Tuberville in this case) has made a great hire. I agree that we may just have the best OC/DC tandom in the country now. Welcome aboard Coach Muschamp. Let's get you some good-looking blue and orange MNC rings to go with that ugly purple and yellow one real soon!

I hope we can keep our coaching intact for atleast 4 years. If that happens we all could be celebrating a couple of National Championships.

Archived